Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Butson

Zhang can really hit. I think he will go for an early KO.

In the first fight, Joyce was really starting to come in to it before the stoppage and had sort of figured Zhang out I thought. But that wont matter if Zhang can inflict some early damage. Zhang slight favourite with bookies.

Good fight and glad not on PPV (anything half decent these days seems to be on ppv - Eubank v Smith, Lord help us).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The big mistake was Joyce losing weight for that fight. He didn't have the weight to push off from clenches and was getting caught on the way out.

If he weighs in light again then he has to stay at distance all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That’s not a bad undercard at all! For a moment I thought it was on the Zhang Joyce undercard that would abeen a great Saturday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

he said he didn't lose weight on purpose that's just the weight he came in at, he doesn't focus on weight at all apparently

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes, the big mistake was what Joyce weighed in fight 1. Not his dreadful inability to slip a punch and use some head movement and parrying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Butson

Joyce was 2 pounds lighter vs Zhang than his fight against Dubois.

Literally nothing for a heavyweight.

Yep. A heavy Sh1t is all… absolute nonsense to even consider what he weighed as some big mistake.

2 lbs isn’t worth talking about he didn’t care about his weight. He knew he’d be in and around. Again, I think he believed his own nonsense about having thicker bones than anyone else and that he’d win by just waiting on Zhang to tire. I’m convinced he will win this time though but he’d need to be much better. Block with arms and hands rather than eye for 2-3 rounds and then Zhang begins to tire.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisM

It was such a one sided beat down first time I can't see Joyce being able to dodge that left straight. Zhang whips it in off rhythm which bamboozled Joyce.

I would love to see it go the distance with a few knockdowns for each fighter. HW boxing needs a classic fight badly!

Weights?

• Advertisement

20st 1lb joyce

20st 7lb zhang

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Lbs guys, lbs!!

huge weights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just watch the difference breaking from the clench. He'll push off and be clear before Zhang has a chance to tee off on him.

I’ll go Joyce to win with a late stoppage or points. Would love it if Zhang put him on his ass.

If Joyce gets banjoed again it’ll be a case of “he came in too heavy. He couldn’t move as well.”

I think Zhang knows now he can land hard and clean on Joe. We might see even more venom from Zhang. Wouldn’t be surprised if Joe gets taken out

I’m not so sure. I think Joyce will be a little bit more switched on than just presenting his face. He’s surely been concentrating on SP boxing more so and where his foot might be. I think he is coming in a bit heavier he will still be the more mobile of the two but he wont be as easily rag dolled around. His output needs to be his usual busy self. He can take plenty of hard shots and did take them but the eye didn’t hold up. I dont thinkZhang will be hitting a lot harder this time.

From listening to Zhang talking this was his first proper camp, I guess he made a few quid from the last fight because he was pleased to tell the bloke he had a physio and an s&c coach and managed to spar 3 men all camp, he’s looking in better shape this time too

should be a decent fight either way

Just took a peep at the weigh in, thought Joyce looked a little portly of himself. That won’t make him any quicker. He’s banking on strength this time. If he can’t get his head out of the way then hes in big trouble.

I've never seen him with a paunch myself, maybe he needs a good sh7t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Will be interesting to see if Joyce's eye holds up, as you would have to expect Zhang will test it out as much as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭reclose

Looking forward to this fight. Either fighter could win. We need more fights like this at heavyweight.

Hopefully the winner gets a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I give Joyce very little chance of winning this fight. Both of his preparations look confused.

Plus he is fighting a very good boxer.

This fight is a toss up. If Joyce had kept his hand up better and saved that eye then Zhang was puffing hard. The last 2 rounds Zhang did very little

I rewatched the first fight just now. Wasn’t a whole lot in it. If the eye didn’t swell it would have been interesting.

100 smackers on Zhang to finish it.

But for the eye Joyce was winning that. But that’s a big but

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yarde still talking about learning on the job, hes had 2 world title fights and is 32 ffs. If he got rid of that idiot trainer he d have some hope.

So if Zhang didn’t keep punching joyce in the eye causing is to close then it would have been interesting 🤷‍♂️ i

• Advertisement

i think you’ve added a bit in yourself there.

Advertisement