Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

so dave allen came in at 18st5 and clarke is 19st4

clarke makes allen look small

The internet isn’t for everyone

Huge weight for Dave Allen’s frame. albeit he has been heavier

im sure i heard him say he's slimmed down but gained weight so im guessing he's trained properly for this fight, be nice to see him win but unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Allen doesn’t look in great shape at all. Clarke is a big boy! I think this could be over early and be the finish of Allen. Be a good pundit but his weight will balloon. Clarke’s team picked him and they must have their reasons.

• Advertisement

dave allen was kind of finished 2 1/2 years ago when he fought against price and didn’t bother turning up so he’s got nothing to lose really, he’s the 12/1 outsider for a reason

Well just watched clarke v allen and I tthink clarke is useless, he should have been able to stay at range and jab allen all night long

I can see why he avoided wardley

Totally agree. Dirty bas*ard too. Allen is awkward to fight some decent fighters have found that but yea Clarke is 19.5 stone and he can’t hold the centre of the ring

He’s the king of low blows after that, I was half expecting the ref to disqualify him. I thought he was having a bad night against Wach last time but looks like that’s his level.

He was begging for it. I thought that third one was the worst of all yet he didn’t take a point even. HE should have been telling him then right that’s 3 points and if you do it again youre out. Saying that, Allen didn’t do near enough to get a win. I think he was trying to stretch his jaw at the end of the first or second so that’s maybe when the ear burst

• Advertisement

Yeah they said he’s got a perforated eardrum, he has been out of the ring too long and it was evident tonight

Smity very underwhelming, but Eubank’s use a range very effective

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Clark is a below average British heavyweight, Hughie Fury easily outboxes him going off that performance last night. Wardley or Dubois would stop him.

No real power, foot speed, head movement. Managed to eat a few sloppy overhand rights from Allen that my nanny would have seen coming.

I’d love to see him ironed out as well. Nasty bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Clarke is rubbish. Sky gave him a nice deal because they were desperate for fighters.

As bad as he is I wanna see him fight Wardley next

(No doubt discussed ad-nauseum) but...given Ireland's current hatred of boxing what was going on here?

Was it pure bigotry?

"If you've got any sort of Irish in you, you don't care where you're from, New Zealand or Afghanistan, your father says this is what you are, this is where you're from, forget everything else."

I’m not sure i understand your question about bigotry, he’s saying it doesn’t matter where you’re born if your parent say your roots are Irish then you’re Irish which is fair I guess, just look at how many Americans never stepped foot on Irish soil claim to be Irish 🤷‍♂️

who says Ireland has a hatred of boxing ?

your post has me totally baffled

Theres a real blast from the past. Tyson building profile. Wears St George’s Cross now. Whoever pays enough and Tyson will be ‘one of them’

I’d argue boxing as one of our most loved sports!! Take out GAA and probably tops..

• Advertisement

looks like the money from saudi to pay for the aj v wilder fight is not coming

Tyson and Francis kicking off the build-up. 10x3 rounds. Fury saying more riding on this than any other fight because if he loses he gets slated for losing to an MMA fighter. He has a point, albeit Francis very unlikely to chin him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭selectamatic

A good positive match up surely.

I reckon Gassiev to walk Wallin down to a stoppage in the second half of the fight.

Yea I fancy Gassiev as well. Not sure I agree it’s a boxer vs puncher type fight I think both are decent boxers. Gassiev was very neat I think against Dorticus it was, haven’t seen that from him much since

so there have been some revelations over the last couple of days and it appears the saudi bosses (government/royal family) have moved away from skills challenge and are backing the company now linked with bob arum and frank warren, tyson and shane both said there has been a mega multi fight deal signed but wouldn't go into details just yet, so the big question is where does this leave Usyk who signed with skills challenge not long ago.

Shane fury also said the 70/30 split was going to result in usyk getting 17m which seems like a nice prize for a nights work

70/30 is Fury’s way to avoid the fight. And even if Usyk (3 belt holder) agrees, Fury will again move the goalposts. He doesn’t fancy it. Same tired nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Fury beats Uysk all day.

• Advertisement

Absolutely Gassiev has always had very good fundamentals. He's a very neat and efficient pressure fighter. With great power and a seemingly very solid chin.

When he was a cruiserweight I always thought he showed many similarities to how Golovkin fought although he's not as good as GGG is at cutting off the ring (not many fighters are).

He couldn't deal with Usyk at all but Usyk was phenomenal that fight. His output and movement was outrageous.

Slightly slower paced HW fights should in theory suit him down to the ground. But it'll be interesting to see if he's the same Gassiev, the cruiserweight super series is a long time ago now.

And it remains to be seen whether he's ever fully recovered from the injuries that set him back for so long.

Advertisement