Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,115 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rematches can fook off. Just fight and stfu the pair a ya! I think Usyk is saying that it’s Fury who is, or was insisting a rematch. The rematch nonsense is coming from Fury’s side says Usyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

re matches are shi7 unless it’s a really close fight or a draw, matchroom are made for a rematch

The internet isn’t for everyone

Listening to Usyk’s management there and he thinks fight won’t happen because Fury keeps changing and bringing up new demands..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Can't see this being tied up in time for 29th April, Fury will blame Usyk and pull the plug.

We'll end up with Fury - Chisora 5

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Fury will go through with the fight. Just wanted a bigger share, which he got. Good businessman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Also probably realises he won't be able to under his skin in the press conferences so is using this the get Usyk all royalled up which is working.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How do you know Usyk is all riled up? Is it that video where he tells Fury to stop ducking and whining?

I think one of Usyk’s greatest attributes (non-physical) is his aura of utter belief and relaxation. And I am not one who generally entertains the “mental” side of the game.

Maybe it’s Fury (with his swear-ridden and personal remarks videos) that is a little riled/spooked?

I don’t think Usyk gives a fiddlers. Even his calling Fury’s bluffs came across steely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,664 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In this one i think the antics from both are useless,

Usyk is too stoic to care & Fury excels in chaos & antics so both are unaffected for very different reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Yeah Fury usually messes with people's heads but water off a ducks back to Usyk.

Wilder didn't know how to handle Fury in the build up to fights. Usyk couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭newhouse87

100% happening so. lost count of the incorrect predictions eddie has had when it comes to the furys.

• Advertisement

Eddie the fooking jinx......Just to piss him off, Fury has to press ahead now!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Matchroom not in a good place. AJ tickets not selling well for April 1st.

Bit of the shine gone off Canelo since he lost to Bivol and John Ryder is a poor opponent for him.

Ryder-Canelo makes Fury-Chisora look competitive!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,664 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No idea how they thought putting AJ in against someone washed up Whyte beat would sell tickets ,

Should have gone with a complete unknow undefeated fighter & built him up as something he wasn't ,

F

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭reclose

I’d agree with that it’s far too big of a step down for AJ. Thankfully fans have voted with their feet.

If it happened more often they’d be forced into making better fights consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fury isnt spooked, he just convinced a lad with most of the belts to take 30%, all coming up Millhouse for the King ;)

I really doubt either fighter is spooked, it’s not like they have lost a fight so their confidence will be really high as it should be for a boxer at that level

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Greedy belly".... well that tickled me! Hon Usyk!

On a side-note. Who do people want to win?

I want Usyk to win, but part of me thinks it would be a bit of a joke/stain on the division if a 220 lbs HW giving away 55 lbs and 5-6 inches height were to beat Fury.

So, Fury winning, and winning cleanly and dominantly would be better for the sport I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think Fury will win but I don't care who does. Hope it lives up to the hype and may the best man win.

• Advertisement

size isnt everything walshb, remember valuev ! Haye beat him. Tyson beat lots of mean that had serious height and weight advantages too.

I want the best fighter to win, nothing i have seen yet tells me that is anyone but fury but am looking forward to the fight.

A good big un n all that.

Just to add. Valueev a sack a sh1t. Fury far better. And Usyk not remotely comparable to the heavy power punching and very aggressive Mike Tyson. So I think those two type examples/comparisons are in no way applicable to my point about Fury-Usyk.

I think pretty much anyone with half a boxing brain can see that Fury’s overall size (along with skills) give him a great chance.

Bellew now picking Usyk. Says Fury being a more aggressive type fighter of late will play into Usyk’s hands.

Fury said he’s got josh Taylor coming in for sparring

Bellew is only picking usyk because he outclassed him 😀

And to come back on this you gave no context apart from the size difference so my point was valid as to the content of the original post

It actually was close enough till Usyk’s fitness took over. Closely fought. But yes, the end is what counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

torn as was always a fury fan, kinda want usyk to win now. The 30% was just a **** offer . Also john fury is a clown. Fury has struggled against smaller men before so maybe close, usyk does get hit a bit much and a 19st fury peppering him constantly will wear him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I really can’t say who I want to win. On the night it would be utter greatness if Usyk were to do it so to bear witness to that would be memorable. I’ve always been a Fury fan too so if he were to win it furthers his own claim as an ATG. I really don’t think either is spooked. I’m very eager to see it and see how the tactics play out. Usyk had a game to bamboozle Joshua but I don’t think there’s any surprise package he can come up with against Fury. I’d be very surprised if Fury doesn’t win and win by a stoppage. If he doesn’t stop Usyk then the cards will have to be close. Usyk will be in danger the whole fight but if he can land clean to Fury’s chin then who knows. For me, Fury about 9.

id agree with that i think the extra power and size will tell as the fight goes on and fury has an incredible engine for such a big man, if Usyk pulls it off it would be something else.

• Advertisement

On paper fury should win in which ever way he chooses really, he can tag him at range all night long or try and steam roller him using his size and power, I don’t think fury even knows what fight style he will choose until he’s in the ring half the time.

Usyk has speed on his side but fury isn’t silly when it comes to boxing and will be ready for the speed and he isn’t that slow himself when he chooses.

I think Aj is still confused how he lost twice to a smaller man

Advertisement