Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Takam is putting up a decent performance so far, yoko doesn’t look impressive

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Yoka is another David Price. No confidence in his work and so timid. No trust in the jab. He could well lead with an uppercut and get iced tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Joshua should be praying Yoka wins this so he can set up a fight with him. To gold medalists etc and Joshua eats him.

Gotta be 98-94 Takam. God that was a terrible performance from Yoka. We know all we need to know about him now.

• Advertisement

yoka didn’t turn up to show his support for lineker 🤷‍♂️

takam won that with ease and looks like he’s injured his right hand

They really tried to rob Takam there.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Manc-Red_

30% bluff offering from Fury has exposed him for his true self, a greedy money mad disgrace.

As a fan of Fury before this I’m totally taken a back with the insulting offer he’s put down to that man that holds more belts than he does.

Hopefully Fury loses now for me.

Disgraceful

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,128 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yoka’s career just hasn’t taken off. Very ordinary last night.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

How did one of the judges give that to Yoka?!?!?

Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,666 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

There's a post of mine from Thursday its gone exactly how i said

Neither man wanted to give in and take a smaller pay day but both knew they needed to get it done this week ,

Lots listen to Hearn & co give out about Fury but lets not forget Usyk is not a draw at all , In his first fight v AJ he got less than 25% of the purse closer to 20 % , He won so got 50 /50 as Aj had nothing to bring to the table,

Usyk knew he was not getting 50% this time or even 40% so he held out as long as he could, Fury knew he would eventually buckle to ,

Neither man is afraid or scared but they know there worth & now its on

Also without question both have already been training don't be silly in thinking other wise, Both too long in the tooth to be sitting back waiting for the announcement they knew it was happing , just waiting on the details to be done ,

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

Usyk training since December according to his manager

I hope you're right, because the way this sport has gone, you can know fook all till the first bell sounds.

I really hope April 29 happens. I think it's a brilliant brilliant match. Best match at HW in my view....

I heard that too and fury trains twice a day usually just to keep him busy, when he says camp has started he normally ups the training to 3 times and sparring

why else is a fighter doing really only training

No question Fury will have been doing bits too he's no gobshite ,

Id say there's no question been doing his strength condition, road work & so on but now these next 6 weeks Sugar will come in and the real fight specific work for Usyk will be done ,

Fury was just online saying the lawyers from usyks camp want a rematch clause, fury suggested they scrap that winner takes all and the loser goes home with his cock in his hand

So more social media contracting....like I said, best till bell 1 sounds with all this nonsense.

Interesting to hear what size ring they will use. I'd imagine Fury would favor smaller....

Post edited by walshb on

Usyk’s team says it was Fury who wanted the rematch clause initially and they have no problem dropping it.

I'm a big fan of Tyson but it’s hard not to believe he is trying to duck this fight at this stage

That will be interesting .

To be fair maybe Fury decides he wants to keep it long & out box Usyk ,

Its not AJ we are speaking about here Fury can skin a cat more than one way ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

so what are we doing here, taking everything fury says with a pinch of salt and everything Usyks team say as gospel?

C'mon lads, both sides will be at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Here is krassyuk's response to fury's video

usyks team have gone all over the world and everyone says they are straight forward and honest to deal with, including warren.

heres usyks

Eddie says Fury will not take this fight April 29

Come on, even ardent Fury fans like yourself can see that all these change and messing is starting from Fury.

Lot a social media commentary from his fans are seeing this.

Just based off what we have been hearing, it absolutely looks like Fury is trying to make this awkward and difficult to make.

we all see what we want to see 😉

dont worry about the pantomine, the main thing is that the fight gets made, if it does you can be sure everyone is happy with the terms, and you can be sure there are 3 sides to the story of how they got there.

Yep...I think big or small, Fury can win....I was thinking small in the sense that he may fancy being a lot physically stronger, and fancy getting up close to go work, tiring and draining the far smaller Usyk.

See, Fury can win two ways, up close and not up close; but I reckon up close he may have more advantage than if he stays outside. Outside gives Usyk time to think and do what he needs to do, and that could see him at least be very competitive.

I give Usyk a decent chance mid-long, and a smaller and lesser chance if it's up close.

Try looking at it without hating on Fury for a second , What is the need or a rematch clause ?,

Let the two lads fight & have a undisputed champion if its close a rematch will be made if not let them move on ,

Fury knows Usyk is not the draw people think , so he doenslt want to get stuck fighting him again & again like Wilder,

Also who ever wins will be stripped of a belt or two for not fighting the mandatory's if there is a rematch clause

People moan about rematches all the time & now moaning when Fury wants a winner takes all ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This fight will happen, Fury is only on the wind up.

There is nothing else for either fighter.

Usyk on points for me.

• Advertisement

I think this is all panto to get people talking about the fight and expect more to come just before the Aj fight

boxing social posted about Aj fighting the winner fmd there’s a ling list and he’s a few names back down the list

Advertisement