Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Only found that Hearn & Bellow podcast last night, listened back to all the episodes. He seems fairly serious about having a boxing v mma event. Any mention of it online draws lots of clicks so I'd say it would be popular. Dillian v Ngannu

• Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whyte been calling Fury a coward again for not fighting him to Kuggan,
    Does he just not understand that right now there is ZERO incentive for Fury to take that fight over Wilder two ( which is contracted ) or AJ ,

How can he not accept it makes zero sense for Fury to fight him , must be very frustrating but he surely understands Fury position ,

Whyte been calling Fury a coward again for not fighting him to Kuggan,
    Does he just not understand that right now there is ZERO incentive for Fury to take that fight over Wilder two ( which is contracted ) or AJ ,

How can he not accept it makes zero sense for Fury to fight him , must be very frustrating but he surely understands Fury position ,

Coming from a guy who has turned down huge fights. Hes an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 54,944 ✭✭✭✭walshb

eagle eye wrote: »
    Don King destroyed Mike Tyson.
    He was under Cus D'Amato's tutelage both inside and outside the ring and Kevin Rooney became his trainer under D'Amato. D'Amato passed away in '95 and Rooney became his mentor as well as his trainer. Rooney got fired after the Spinks fight by King. Lots of the top analysts put his loss 18 months later to Douglas down to the fact that Rooney was no longer with him. I'm talking about Larry Merchant and Jerry Isenberg amongst others.
    The Mike Tyson that fought under Cus D'Amato's and Kevin Rooney was the best there ever was imo.

Cus died in 1985..

Typo I take it

The Nal wrote: »
    Tyson just stopped moving after he fired Rooney. Became a standard brawler.

Immediate difference. Tysons first fight after firing Rooney was Bruno and it was the first time Tyson was in trouble. A better boxer could've finished him in round 1.

This was the fist sign of a decline....very subtle, mind you. But Rooney was gone..

Not sure about a better fighter could have finished him...of course that is possible, but possible for everyone and anyone.

It was one very clean shot that Bruno landed....Mike shook it off in no time and was firing back......

That one shot could have landed no matter who was in Mike's corner...

And could land on any man ever. It's boxing. They take shots....

Tyson took a very clean Tucker uppercut in rd 1 in 1987 when Rooney was with him. Pushed him back on his feet, but he was clear in no time...

This is just a little bit clutching for me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

walshb wrote:
    Cus died in 1985..

Typo I take it
    Yeah typo, as you can see I said Rooney took over as his mentor post Cus' death and he got fired after the Spinks fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That Bruno shot did about as much damage as the whyte shot vs aj. Maybe less. Stunned him a bit and slowed him temporarily but that’s it

That Bruno shot did about as much damage as the whyte shot vs aj. Maybe less. Stunned him a bit and slowed him temporarily but that’s it

Joshua v Fury signed according to Hearn. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boss Of Bosses

Fury outboxes Joshua Physically and Mentally.

• Advertisement

Could turn out to be a really boring fight. Cant see anyway fury loses

2021? Sure we could all be dead by then!

walshb wrote: »
    2021? Sure we could all be dead by then!

Yeah just seen Fury say he has to fight Wilder this year first. I thought theyd given wilder money to step aside.

US2 wrote: »
    Yeah just seen Fury say he has to fight Wilder this year first. I thought theyd given wilder money to step aside.

Yeh. And the appetite may not be same by next year...

Sport is a joke at times with all the posturing and delaying..

Both could lose their next bouts..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

US2 wrote: »
    Could turn out to be a really boring fight. Cant see anyway fury loses

I think it'll be decent to be honest. Joshua can only fight Fury one way, coming forward. Circling the ring and fighting at range like he did in the Ruiz rematch won't work against Fury. Up to Fury whether he fights coming forward or fights off the back foot. Think he wins either way personally.

Let’s get our provisional bets in.

AJ inside 5 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

AJ inside 5 for me!

Fury about round 9.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Fury about round 9.

Good call. Longer goes on the more AJ weakens. Fury is fit, and more importantly, very good at managing his engine..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

50/50 in my book!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

50/50 in my book!

Go on, push one to 51...we know you want to..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Go on, push one to 51...we know you want to..

No real point getting into it now, Fury has a big job to do to get part Wilder. Lot can happen between then and now.

Fury technically better but AJ has power and is explosive so who knows! I'd probably favour Fury. Daniel kinahan the new Don King.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Stewball

I'd love to see Wilder knock out Fury now and throw a big spanner in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Daniel kinahan the new Don King.

Do you think this means it's a Dubai double header?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

AJ inside 5 for me!

Fury within 7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭selectamatic

AJ by tko rd8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Do you think this means it's a Dubai double header?

Would there be an interest in the Gulf States? Eleven hours ahead of US West Coast. Will Americans watch late morning, lunchtime events?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Cyrus wrote: »
    Fury within 7

That's odd you seeing it differently to Walshb:D

Something tells me Joshua maybe behind on points, but i think he is good enough to get to Fury with a decent combination at some point in the bout.

Joshua by ko in round 5

No real point getting into it now, Fury has a big job to do to get part Wilder. Lot can happen between then and now.

Fury technically better but AJ has power and is explosive so who knows! I'd probably favour Fury. Daniel kinahan the new Don King.

Technically bettter how, where?

Fury is a lot more unconventional..

Technically for me it’s about the punching mechanics and punching fundamentals..More so!!

I’m finding it impossible to call this. Right now I’d be thinking fury but I’ve a feeling we’ve seen him on his best night. I think when if it finally happens Joshua will win ko round 3

• Advertisement

Let’s hope Fury doesn’t juice again and see the fight shelved!!!

Advertisement