Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    Let’s hope Fury doesn’t juice again and see the fight shelved!!!

Or that Joshua gets careless and gets caught ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If Wilder beats Fury what happens then? Wilder AJ would be a belter.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I really wonder what this announcement was about if neither party have signed anything, no date no venue. Both have another fight this year before these supposed 2 fights.

Hearn trying to take heat off Joshua over his alleged racist statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If Wilder beats AJ what happens then? Wilder AJ would be a belter.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-jpg-w-549.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    what-you-talkin-bout-willis-jpg-w-549.jpg

*Fury :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

think furys odd stamina will give him the advantage, aj seems to fade and dip in and out of fights and fury for a non puncher so they say can bang enough to tire aj.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fury will put it on AJ early and get him out before 8 ,

I'm also in the corner that Fury is technically better fighter with a better gas tank in the ring only because he is way more relaxed and comfortable ,

People who clam AJ is are getting there definitions mixed up

Fury is technically and AJ is Basic ( not a knock on him) , technically is based on precise facts while basically is in a fundamental, essential or basic manner.

AJ does everything robotically but he does the basics very very well , He is far easier to read but has strength and power and speed ,

Fury is far more fine tuned and technical he has more craft and savy to his game, controls the ring better, and has much better timing ,

I think honestly think Fury wins because AJ will find it difficult to hit him clean , and I think the Fury's comfort in the ring will be the big difference,

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

Great fight that I'm really looking forward to, I'd imagine fury will be a warm favourite and I'd expect him stop Joshua in rounds 8-10.

It'll be interesting to see what tactics Joshua will bring. About a year ago I suspect he would of just walked fury down and I would of envisaged that working quite succesfully for him. I think bringing pressure to fury is still his best option, as Wilder got destroyed standing off waiting for the big shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,958 ✭✭✭✭walshb

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    think furys odd stamina will give him the advantage, aj seems to fade and dip in and out of fights and fury for a non puncher so they say can bang enough to tire aj.

Yes, but Fury needs to contribute to AJs gas tank depleting. Fury should be constantly pressuring AJ, subtle and direct. Always making AJ think, react, work...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wonder when Dubois vs Joyce will be back on.

• Advertisement

Steve Bunce on BBC.
    Said will we get the Fury we saw last time and the Joshua we saw.

Makes sense really, if we do Fury will batter him.
    However, Joshua at his best and Fury not, I see Joshua winning.
    Both at their best???
    Does Joshua blast him out of it before Fury gives him a boxing lesson??
    I don't know!

Both at their best???
    I don't know!

We all hope for the sort of fight that has a bit of that but it rarely happens. For me this fight is unlikely to live up to entertainment expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Augeo wrote: »
    We all hope for the sort of fight that has a bit of that but it rarely happens. For me this fight is unlikely to live up to entertainment expectations.

It happens often enough! The size of the occasion would be massive entertainment. Considering it would likely be for all the straps it’s enormous. Going into the fight a case can be made for either to win so that brings the intrigue too.

Steve Bunce on BBC.
    Said will we get the Fury we saw last time and the Joshua we saw.

Makes sense really, if we do Fury will batter him.
    However, Joshua at his best and Fury not, I see Joshua winning.
    Both at their best???
    I don't know!

Any other scenarios you’d like to cover?

This fight deserves no credit for getting made...

If they somehow arranged for them to fight each other next, yes. But, the obstacles and timeline involved are Sh1t..

Summer next year? Wtf..

Surprised Eddie is being dictated to by DK, must be some bucks involved!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Surprised Eddie is being dictated to by DK, must be some bucks involved!

What or how did he dictate eddie? Nothing has been signed they literally just agreed that if both fury and aj win their next fights that theyd fight each other which was obvious anyway

US2 wrote: »
    What or how did he dictate eddie? Nothing has been signed they literally just agreed that if both fury and aj win their next fights that theyd fight each other which was obvious anyway

DK has been the broker in all this, he'll be taking a nice slice of the proceeds.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

DK has been the broker in all this, he'll be taking a nice slice of the proceeds.

Nothing has been signed , what did he broker? It's all a distraction to keep heat off AJ

Any other scenarios you’d like to cover?

No.
    You're better at that yourself.

And afterwards you'll say you called it.

• Advertisement

No.

My kind of poster...welcome aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭squinn2912

No.

Shots fired, you guys are better entertainment than the top 10!

I’ve deliberately included a lot of ‘would, if’ because were damn all closer to this mega fight than we were a month ago. This is no more significant than boxers calling one another out on the mike inside the right after a fight. Long way to go yet.

squinn2912 wrote: »

I’ve deliberately included a lot of ‘would, if’ because were damn all closer to this mega fight than we were a month ago. This is no more significant than boxers calling one another out on the mike inside the right after a fight. Long way to go yet.

I was jossing, btw, as I am sure you know.

blade is a regular owl sparring partner here.

US2 wrote: »
    Nothing has been signed , what did he broker? It's all a distraction to keep heat off AJ

Check out Fury on Instagram yesterday, thanked Daniel Kinahan multiple times for making this happen. He's the middle. He's trying to morph into the next Don king.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

squinn2912 wrote: »

He tried to AJ me but I Fury'd him back!
    Pop Pop Bang! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yes, but Fury needs to contribute to AJs gas tank depleting. Fury should be constantly pressuring AJ, subtle and direct. Always making AJ think, react, work...

Fury is constantly in motion and feinting etc why would he be any different here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I heard a comment on radio earlier to the effect that Irish boxing was now in the toilet and ready to be flushed away.

When I think of all the genuine decent boxing ppl over decades and now it is all in the sh1tter :/

It was a chilling and ultimately sad truth to hear

Cyrus wrote: »
    Fury is constantly in motion and feinting etc why would he be any different here

It shouldn’t be any different.

I was just making a point that he needs to wear on AJ with all he has, and not only with feints..

I never mentioned feinting,specifically. I mentioned pressure.. which encompasses everything, including feinting, which will make AJ react..

I heard a comment on radio earlier to the effect that Irish boxing was now in the toilet and ready to be flushed away.

When I think of all the genuine decent boxing ppl over decades and now it is all in the sh1tter :/

It was a chilling and ultimately sad truth to hear

Our pro scene is nothing to write about anyway. Apart from Frampton, who is over the hill, we have not one world class operator..

Katie, of course. But on the men’s side nothing..

• Advertisement

Our pro scene is nothing to write about anyway. Apart from Frampton, who is over the hill, we have not one world class operator..

Katie, of course. But on the men’s side nothing..

The mckenna kid looks promising but against cans so far

Advertisement