Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Deadliest Catch star Mahlon Reyes dies at 38 after suffering a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

9066683f1e0649e5862c27dec36b74ed_md.jpg

RIP to the legend that was Wilford Brimley. Starred in everything from Cocoon, to John Carpenter's The Thing, to the Natural, to appearances in Tv shows like Seinfeld, and Homicide: Life on the Street. That, and he was known for the 'diabeetus' meme.

Even had a twitter account where he interacted with fans. Seemed a genuinely lovely individual. And at 85, had a good run. Tho it would have been nicer if he'd lived longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Azatadine

He looked the same for the last 40 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Azatadine wrote: »
    He looked the same for the last 40 years!

I love this from NY times

Brimley came by his cussedness naturally. In “Miracles and Mercies,” a documentary about the making of “Tender Mercies,” Mr. Duvall recalled a set-to between Mr. Brimley and the director Bruce Beresford, who had made a suggestion about how Mr. Brimley might play the role of Harry.

“Now look, let me tell you something, I’m Harry,” he recalled Mr. Brimley telling Mr. Beresford. “Harry’s not over there, Harry’s not over here. Until you fire me or get another actor, I’m Harry, and whatever I do is fine ‘cause I’m Harry."

I thought he was dead with a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

ITV News Granada Reports newsreader & former BBC presenter Tony Morris has died of Kidney Cancer during the weekend. He was 57.

_113796103_tm.png

1_JS15321994.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53637309

I watched some of his news bulletin's in the past. I cannot believe that he died so young. RIP. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ITV News Granada Reports newsreader & former BBC presenter Tony Morris has died of Kidney Cancer during the weekend. He was 57.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53637309

I watched some of his news bulletin's in the past. I cannot believe that he died so young. RIP. :(

I was shocked by that.
    RIP

Daisy Coleman (of Netflix documentary Audrie & Daisy) dies by suicide

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daisy Coleman (of Netflix documentary Audrie & Daisy) dies by suicide

Jesus... only 23? :(

God, what a tragic, and short, life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's heartbreaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ben Cross, actor Chariots of Fire, 72
    RIP

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53829798

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Ben Cross, actor Chariots of Fire, 72
    RIP

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53829798

That's two actors from Chariots of Fire dying in the same year. We lost Ian Holm earlier on.

RIP.

Chi Chi DeVayne has died
    DeVayne, who was a fan favorite drag queen on RuPaul's Drag Race and RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, was recently hospitalized for the second time in as many months after being diagnosed with pneumonia. That diagnosis came weeks after she was admitted to the hospital with suspected kidney failure

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

peteeeed wrote: »

Wow. RIP Regis. I am only finding this out now.

Definitely, the longest career in US, if not world, television history

He always was a great double act with David Letterman.

He will be missed. RIP.

YouTube Star Landon Clifford dead at 19

YouTube Star Landon Clifford dead at 19

A father at 16, dead at 19... that's rough. Apparently he suffered a bad fall and from that received a traumatic brain injury.

RIP.

Arnold Spielberg, Steven Spielberg's father, dies aged 103.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/arnold-spielberg-dead-dies-steven-spielberg-father-1234748936/

A WW2 Veteran, he inspired his son to make Saving Private Ryan. Also made appearances in the documentary Spielberg, contributing music to the documentary as well.

He also helped create one of the first computer controlled 'Point of Sale' cash registers.
    A father of four, his other children being Nancy, Ann and Sue Spielberg.

Joe Ruby, co-creator of Scooby Doo (along with his business partner, Ken Spears) has died aged 87. They created Scooby Doo while working for Hanna Barbera.

Ruby and Spears left Hanna Barbera to create their own studio, Ruby-Spears Productions in 1977, which was responsible for shows like Alvin and the chipmunks, Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos, and Thundarr the Barbarian, among many many other shows.

They were bought out sometime in the 90s, possibly early 00s, by Warner Media (who had since acquired Hanna Barbera prior to this).

Their logo popped up on many television shows, and there's a nice little video showing the evolution of it throughout their run.

YBB4U4G5N5MRDGBXAZ2VBC4VKI.jpg

Chadwick Boseman, who starred as T'Challa/ Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe, has died aged 42. He had been battling Colon cancer for the last 4 years.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chadwick-boseman-black-panther-actor-dies-of-cancer-at-43?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

He had starred in films such as Black Panther, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet, and Avengers: Endgame.
    Also had appearances in TV shows such as Third Watch, Cold Case, and ER.

According to reports, he was diagnosed with stage 3 Colon Cancer some time in 2016. This was around the time he first played T'Challa in Captain America:CW.
    During filming of Black Panther, he was undergoing chemo as well as surgeries.

Absolutely shocking and tragic news. My sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wow that's a shocker :(

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Wow that's a shocker :(

Yeah, the last few months people had noted he'd dramatically lost weight. Folks were commenting on it, so he stopped posted photos to his instagram.

Dude was doing some serious stuntwork while suffering from cancer. That's incredible.

(I also amended the original post-some reports are saying he was 42, others saying he was 43. His wiki says 42).

Norm Spencer (voice actor) has passed away at the age of 62

Kevin Dobson (Knots Landing, FX The TV Series and Kojak) has died at age 77

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Kevin Dobson (Knots Landing, FX The TV Series and Kojak) has died at age 77

"Crocker" was a big part of Saturday nights in the early 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Rodney Litchfield who played Tommy in the brilliant show Early Doors has died aged 81.

Great character who he played superbly well.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/actor-rodney-litchfield-known-role-18895380

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Rodney Litchfield who played Tommy in the brilliant show Early Doors has died aged 81.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/actor-rodney-litchfield-known-role-18895380

Loved that show and he was perfect casting. To the Regiment!

BoroMan32 wrote: »

I'd forgotten he was cast in Corrie. RTE mentioned him being on it in 2007, and I had to google his role.
    He wasn't with the show very long (the 'family' he belonged to were not popular-many were swiftly fired).

Sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Diana Rigg, from the Avengers and later Bond girl has died

https://twitter.com/lizo_mzimba/status/1304048084054401025?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fvck! I'm watching the Avengers again on ITV4 and I happened to look at her wiki bio a day or two ago just to see how old see was, and check the age difference with Patrick McNee (only 16 years I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Diana Rigg oozed class. A recent thread over in After Hours was discussing people who were genuinely cool, and she definitely fitted into that category.

(I was only watching her last night in the new version of All Creatures Great and Small, poor auld Trickiewoo will be devastated!)

Advertisement