Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So what are family organisers doing about this increase, are ye asking your family members for the additional fee to cover the increase, I have three families on the go, two are up in Sept and one is up in December. I will definitely ask the ones that are up in Dec ok, I may just charge the Sept ones €40 for the year instead of €36 and I will cover the 4 months of the price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm looking for a new family member, long running account, just have a spare slot. pm me. cheers

edit: sorted. Welcome to da family!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭b.gud

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So what are family organisers doing about this increase, are ye asking your family members for the additional fee to cover the increase, I have three families on the go, two are up in Sept and one is up in December. I will definitely ask the ones that are up in Dec ok, I may just charge the Sept ones €40 for the year instead of €36 and I will cover the 4 months of the price increase.

I've worked it out and the cost will be €2.50 per person for the remainder of the year we all signed up for. And since one of those people who would owe me is myself and another is my OH so in total would be owed €10 and decided it's not worth the hassle to bother chasing up on it

b.gud wrote: »
    I've worked it out and the cost will be €2.50 per person for the remainder of the year we all signed up for. And since one of those people who would owe me is myself and another is my OH so in total would be owed €10 and decided it's not worth the hassle to bother chasing up on it

The ironic thing here though is you are the one setting it up and you are getting stung for the extra, which is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm part of a family set up through here. I can't remember who it was with but if the owner would like to PM me I'll send you the extra money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Psygnosis wrote: »
    I have 3 more slots available
    36 euros
    Drop me an IM if your still interested

Hi Psygnosis.

Have sent you a couple of IM's. Do you still have a slot available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭b.gud

The ironic thing here though is you are the one setting it up and you are getting stung for the extra, which is unfair.

Yeah but if I had paid for myself and the OH for the same period it would have cost €195 instead of the €75 that I'll be paying so I think that €120 saving is well worth the hassle. And like I said it's purely my laziness that is stopping me from getting the additional €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Family now full
    Mitch Buchannon x 2
    clairek6 (Pending)
    Paddy1234
    nimbinsurfer

Anyone else with a spare slot in a family sub, or setting one up please count me in.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Anyone else with a spare slot in a family sub, or setting one up please count me in.

Thanks.

Same here, please and thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

Hey guys,

Started Family Premium - my family have typed in same address and it hasn't worked for half of them.

Says they are joning "from a different country" - Though they are not

Any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I just renewed a sub for the year with my 'family' earlier this month before this increase was announced.
    I'm going to do a price freeze for all until next April!
    A benefit of being 'fam'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Would be interested in joining one if anyone is setting one up! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Since I got kicked from Rottweilers account it is not letting me join another premium family account as I was part of one this year :-(

clairek6 wrote: »
    Since I got kicked from Rottweilers account it is not letting me join another premium family account as I was part of one this year :-(

Ah FFS! Wonder how that works? Do they take it from the time you joined the last family account - or from when you left it (or were kicked from it as i was also).

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Wonder would a new account solve it?

Wonder would a new account solve it?

Probably would, but wouldn't that have the effect of losing your library / playlists etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Yeah it would I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

b.gud wrote: »
    FYI for anyone starting up a family I just got this email from Spotify

You should probably adjust your payment requests from family members to take the price increase into account

Anyone know if the renewal dates are now moved one month forward based on this "one additional month" ?

Or are they saying first month is still 14.99, then months 2-6 are the new price of 17.99 ?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anyone know if the renewal dates are now moved one month forward based on this "one additional month" ?

Or are they saying first month is still 14.99, then months 2-6 are the new price of 17.99 ?

Don’t really understand what your asking, the new price comes in to effect from tomorrow for new customers, all existing customers will get an extra month at the old price, so my renewal falls on 15 May, that one will be €14.99 and then 15th June will be the new price.

• Advertisement

Don’t really understand what your asking, the new price comes in to effect from tomorrow for new customers, all existing customers will get an extra month at the old price, so my renewal falls on 15 May, that one will be €14.99 and then 15th June will be the new price.

So in 2022 your renewal will still be 15 May or is it 15 June because they gave one extra month?

I'm assuming it's the former and they are saying "we'll let you pay the first month at the usual price"

mrcheez wrote: »
    So in 2022 your renewal will still be 15 May or is it 15 June because they gave one extra month?

I'm assuming it's the former and they are saying "we'll let you pay the first month at the usual price"

No, you don’t pay up front for the year, they aren’t giving us an extra month, they are just holding off the price increase for existing customers for a month is all.

No, you don’t pay up front for the year, they aren’t giving us an extra month, they are just holding off the price increase for existing customers for a month is all.

Yeah that's what I assumed as it would mess with billing if they were giving a free month and everyone suddenly had to move their typical renewal month ahead another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crunchie84

Hi,
    Is Rotweiler still on this? I've been kicked out of the family again. Can't get in contact with him as his inbox is full!
    Thanks

crunchie84 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is Rotweiler still on this? I've been kicked out of the family again. Can't get in contact with him as his inbox is full!
    Thanks

Not on this - and his phone has been deactivated also.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭kenn0

I’m out too

Looking for a spot now 😂😂

Do we have enough people to set up a new family ?

1 spot for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

kenn0 wrote: »
    Do we have enough people to set up a new family ?

1 spot for me

I'll join if I can (please)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crunchie84

1 for me too please! I guess we've all been kicked out of his group so😠😡

• Advertisement

That’s 3.

Anybody interested in setting up
    And managing the family ??

Advertisement