Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

smk321 wrote: »
    What exactly is involved in it? I wouldn't mind for a year of spotify for €30.

feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Is there a way to pay for the year, instead of per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

mel123 wrote: »
    Is there a way to pay for the year, instead of per month?
    I think that once you initiate a contract and subscribe to a rolling monthly contract, you will then have an option to change the billing frequency to yearly. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so i have a group of friends to set up this up. Some of them have premium accounts already though..... do i need them to cancel that before i ask them to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

jobless wrote: »
    so i have a group of friends to set up this up. Some of them have premium accounts already though..... do i need them to cancel that before i ask them to join?

No they don't need to cancel it, they will be switched over to the family no problem. If the family group ever ceases to exist they will get the remainder of whatever premium time they paid for before joining the family. So if they are currently paying for premium monthly, if for example they paid last week for another month's premium, if they join the family now and ever leave it, they will get the remainder (roughly 3 weeks in this case) of the months premium they paid for before they joined the family. Basically they won't lose any premium time they paid for before joining the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Aspiring wrote: »
    No they don't need to cancel it, they will be switched over to the family no problem. If the family group ever ceases to exist they will get the remainder of whatever premium time they paid for before joining the family. So if they are currently paying for premium monthly, if for example they paid last week for another month's premium, if they join the family now and ever leave it, they will get the remainder (roughly 3 weeks in this case) of the months premium they paid for before they joined the family. Basically they won't lose any premium time they paid for before joining the family.

great, thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

smk321 wrote: »
    Aspiring wrote: »
    As the previous poster said, those looking for a group should just set one up. It is incredibly straightforward and easy to do. You don't need to provide your personal address to the others in the group or anything like that, you can just make one up for the other group members to use. Took me about two hours in total between posting here saying I was starting a group, to getting the money from 5 people, to setting up the family on Spotify and sending the invites. We're now a happy Spotify family :pac:

What exactly is involved in it? I wouldn't mind for a year of spotify for 30.

If you're interested in setting one up let me know...

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I cant find the option to pay for the full year upfront.

The only options i have is 15 Euro a month for family or 120 a year for one user.

Can somebody point me in the right direction

Thanks in a advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

There is no option to pay for a year on the family plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How hard can it be.?

Step 1. Get 6 people
    Step 2. Lead person opens a PayPal account for the deal.
    Step 3. People pay up front and it all goes into the PayPal account.
    Step 4. Lead person opens up Spotify account, invites the other 5 and they join.

I opened a new PayPal account specially for this deal and also an email address
    Once the money is gone in 12 months it's all gone! Except if people contact me ,and that's if I remember the email address I used :)

Everyone sent a gift and paid their PayPal fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Please PM if anyone is creating a group

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sheepless

I need two more members for a family
    €30 for the year. PM me if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Hope you still have room left, PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone think this would work for a Netflix family plan?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone think this would work for a Netflix family plan?

I wouldn't imagine so as with Netflix the max is 4 devices from the same account so it would require you giving out your username and password to those whom you want to share with.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine so as with Netflix the max is 4 devices from the same account so it would require you giving out your username and password to those whom you want to share with.
    sure that would be ok , just set it up with four people

puddles22 wrote: »

Ya I guess someone creates a new email account. Then setups a netflix account with that email address. Then shares with 3 others.

It's not as clean a setup as Spotify I agree though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

puddles22 wrote: »

but nothing stopping one of the 4 changing the password and then locking the other 3 out then ;)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    but nothing stopping one of the 4 changing the password and then locking the other 3 out then ;)

True I guess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cronos wrote: »
    True I guess :(

I'm currently "managing" a spotify family on this deal and I could easily just delete the other 5 people if I felt like it. There's always a level of trust in these things. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Netflix would be interesting on a model like this, especially if you went using Brasil's Netflix it'd cost about €2.15 per person per month depending on currency fluctuations.

Would be a lot more trust involved though given that the actual account is shared not just the payment method as it is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'll set up a family account. First six people who want in can pm me

I have 6. I'll pm the first 5 to pm me first

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bigben121

I will set up a family account too. Pm me for a spot :cool: 30 euro for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Are you still good for this.. sorry was out all day....

Invites sent out any problems let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Carroller wrote: »
    I have 6. I'll pm the first 5 to pm me first

Well done man! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Anyone looking for someone to join a group let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sdun

I'm in for the year. Can paypal.pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

interested in joining a spotify group if any spaces available

Advertisement