Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Raycyst wrote: »
    It is the authorities who are traitors to Ireland...

Only one mention of traitors this morning? It appears your stance is softening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭DaniilKharms

Do Irish people have any control over their own country?

I consider politicans have betrayed the people of Ireland, in the same way people have been betrayed before.

How many scandals must there be in the police before the Irish can have a police force we can rely upon?

Why do councils prevent people from using their own property on 'visual amenity grounds' but yet our streets must be ruined by being covered in women who are clearly enslaved, and foreign criminals.

I'm clear that it is the irish people who support this who are the real enemy. Betrayal from within is always more dangerous than an external enemy who is obvious to everyone.

Islam couldn't gain a foothold in this country without collusion from authorites. It is the authorities who are traitors to Ireland, and seemingly only for pats on the head.

Our government refuses to take taxes from Apple while threatening ordinary people with prison and public humiliation. What's wrong with this country?

I have reported you and this post, for racist hate mongering.

I appreciate you're allowed to believe the vile dishonest garbage you spew, but I'm not sure Boards has to host it.

I hope you are banned, and I hope that any further posts like this are wiped off Boards.

I will happily delete my account rather than share a space with someone so actively engaged in spreading lies that will inflame racism and hatred.

You are doing a massive disservice to Ireland as well, making it look intolerant, backwards and hate-filled.

I hope you have some experience that clues you up, so that you can sort out whatever personal issues you clearly have that make you so egregiously and transparently and deliberately mean, but until then I will not simply standby while you try and damage the country I and my family live in.

I'd hope others would also take a stand on this, but I know I may be alone.

Either way though, I won't simply shut up while you wreak havoc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Raycyst

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I'm not here to troll the thread.

If people are receptive to my message then saying it once is enough.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I'm not here to troll the thread.

If people are receptive to my message then saying it once is enough.

The fact that admit that you are actively trying to spread racist and bigoted hatred through Boards kinda says it all.

Your message is based on misrepresenting facts, fear-mongering and your own personal fears. It has nothing to do with reality, except that you're really a dangerous person doing real harm.

The fact that admit that you are actively trying to spread racist and bigoted hatred through Boards kinda says it all.

I never admitted that, or anything like that. You're clearly delusional.

Your message is based on misrepresenting facts, fear-mongering and your own personal fears. It has nothing to do with reality, except that you're really a dangerous person doing real harm.

You haven't pointed out a single misrepresented fact.

Attack the post please, not the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭Sven Hassel

I appreciate you're allowed to believe the vile dishonest garbage you spew, but I'm not sure Boards has to host it.

I hope you are banned, and I hope that any further posts like this are wiped off Boards.

I will happily delete my account rather than share a space with someone so actively engaged in spreading lies that will inflame racism and hatred.

You are doing a massive disservice to Ireland as well, making it look intolerant, backwards and hate-filled.

I hope you have some experience that clues you up, so that you can sort out whatever personal issues you clearly have that make you so egregiously and transparently and deliberately mean, but until then I will not simply standby while you try and damage the country I and my family live in.

Calm down dear.

I want our country to always be majority white Irish. What's wrong with that?

I guess racists have to stick together.

who cares
    If people live here and are nice people who cares if there white Irish or any other colour and nation ,
    its 2017 as long as people are decent who cares , infact as long as they don't cause problems who cares , White irish moved all over the world so who are we to complain , People are the same regardless of colour or nation ,

You first comment is painfully naive. You are saying all the tribes of man can move to Europe and and for the first time in human everyone will be one big happy family.

Your second comment about the Irish having a history of emigration is not an argument and barely above contempt. So we should let everyone in because we had emigrated ourselves in the past? That's a great plan.
    I'm talking about Ireland.

I'm saying, we're better off now that at pretty much any point in our history - do you agree or disagree?

You question is far too simplistic. What are the metrics to say life is better now? You can afford to go to college and earn a worthless degree but your grandfather could afford to raise a family on one income, so which is better and which is worse?

And if you're suggesting we are superior to the people of the past, you are wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Keep this on topic please without attacking each other.

I guess racists have to stick together.

Why would anyone accept becoming a minority? Say millions of Europeans were heading to North African countries, and the people of these countries were concerned about the impact of this massive migration, and were concerned about future demographics of their countries, would you call them racist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Are you Marvel or DC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You first comment is painfully naive. You are saying all the tribes of man can move to Europe and and for the first time in human everyone will be one bug happy family.

Your second comment about the Irish having a history of emigration is not an argument and barely above contempt. So we should let everyone in because we had emigrated ourselves in the past? That's a great plan..

People can and do get past past differences - you've heard I'm sure of WW1 and WW2 - and yet we have the EU now, the French and the Germans for example are bossom buddies these days.

And given our history of travelling everywhere and anywhere, it's hypocritical in the extreme to say no to people coming here. Do you not think?

You question is far too simplistic. What are the metrics to say life is better now? You can afford to go to college and earn a worthless degree but your grandfather could afford to raise a family on one income, so which is better and which is worse?

And if you're suggesting we are superior to the people of the past, you are wrong.

Superior to people of the past? I'm not even sure what that means - you quite probably don't even know yourself.

What metrics are we better off by? By each and every metric I can think of. Health, education, freedom, opportunity, financial, comfort - you name it.
    I can do things on a whim that my grandfather couldn't dare to dream of doing, and I'm just an average joe soap - not some high flying dot.com gazillionaire.

Tell me 1 single metric we are worse off by in fact? (not having to look at foreigners doesn't count!)

I'm raising a family on a single income and I can absolutely guarantee that myself, my missus and my kids are a lot more comfortable than my grandfathers or their families were.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Why would anyone accept becoming a minority? Say millions of Europeans were heading to North African countries, and the people of these countries were concerned about the impact of this massive migration, and were concerned about future demographics of their countries, would you call them racist?

People leave this tiny little island and go live in places where they are magically transformed into minorities all the time. They seem to survive pretty much intact.

People leave this tiny little island and go live in places where they are magically transformed into minorities all the time. They seem to survive pretty much intact.

Yes they move to other people's countries. They don't become a minority in their own country?

And your answer to my question?

People can and do get past passed differences - you've heard I'm sure of WW1 and WW2 - and yet we have the EU now, the French and the Germans for example are bossom buddies these days.

And given our history of travelling everywhere and anywhere, it's hypocritical in the extreme to say no to people coming here. Do you not think?

Superior to people of the past? I'm not even sure what that means - you quite probably don't even know yourself.

What metrics are we better off by? By each and every metric I can think of. Health, education, freedom, opportunity, financial, comfort - you name it.
    I can do things on a whim that my grandfather couldn't dare to dream of doing, and I'm just an average joe soap - not some high flying dot.com gazillionaire.

Tell me 1 single metric we are worse off by in fact? (not having to look at foreigners doesn't count!)

I'm raising a family on a single income and I can absolutely guarantee that myself, my missus and my kids are a lot more comfortable than my grandfathers or their families were.

There seems to be strain of thinking that because we have better technology we are somehow more intelligent than those of the past.

So if life today is so much better, why threaten it with mass immigration and failed multi cult? Why not have a sensible migration policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

So we should let everyone in because we had emigrated ourselves in the past? That's a great plan.

You hear this strawman from lots of people of your particular viewpoint.

The strawman is this: those naive, lefty, liberal, PC-gone-mad, Muslim-loving multiculturalists want to left EVERYONE in so we will be swamped in our own land.

You hear it from George Hook, from the Daily Mail, from every manner of fearmongering nationalist. Of course, the key thing it that it is a lie. Not just an exaggeration, a lie, to stir up fear, hatred and to make ignorant people afraid.

No-one is advocating unrestricted immigration. Not the most left wing internationalist, not PBP, not the Irish immigrant council, and certainly not normal, everyday people who see your brand of rhetoric as hateful and just a cover for a dislike of everyone who is not white.

Just with Trump, the KKK and Le Pen, it is all built on lies, fear and hatred of anyone that is different.

fisgon wrote: »
    You hear this strawman from lots of people of your particular viewpoint.

The strawman is this: those naive, lefty, liberal, PC-gone-mad, Muslim-loving multiculturalists want to left EVERYONE in so we will be swamped in our own land.

You hear it from George Hook, from the Daily Mail, from every manner of fearmongering nationalist. Of course, the key thing it that it is a lie. Not just an exaggeration, a lie, to stir up fear, hatred and to make ignorant people afraid.

No-one is advocating unrestricted immigration. Not the most left wing internationalist, not PBP, not the Irish immigrant council, and certainly not normal, everyday people who see your brand of rhetoric as hateful and just a cover for a dislike of everyone who is not white.

Just with Trump, the KKK and Le Pen, it is all built on lies, fear and hatred.

If that is true then your side is just a guilty. Calling anyone who is concerned about mass immigration and demographics an evil Nazi and KKK fan.

Councils refuse planning on visual amenity grounds. Having the streets full of women in burkas destroys streets in my view. I ring 911 when I see masked people on our streets, unless it's very cold.

This guy is a troll. Do not feed.

There seems to be strain of thinking that because we have better technology we are somehow more intelligent than those of the past.?

Education is what makes us smarter not technology. The average person todays is a lot smarter than the average person 50 or 100 years ago.
    It's not like if Einstein was in school today he'd be in the slow class or anything, but on average it's an upwards trend.
    So if life today is so much better, why threaten it with mass immigration and failed multi cult? Why not have a sensible migration policy?

If life today is so much better - how could this "multi cult" be failed.
    I'm not sure what a multi cult is - but I assume you mean the durty foreigners?

Or do you not agree life is better? If not - how so, what makes it worse?

• Advertisement

Mass sex assaults and violence being reported at two German festivals over the weekend. A Swedish music festival has been cancelled due to the amount of sexual violence.

You'll forgive me for wanting to live in homogeneous society.

I think it is a fantasy land that you want to live in.

Are you really saying that there is no sexual violence in a mono-cultural society? Because Irish society was basically monocultural for our first 6 or 7 decades, and if you think there was no rape, no child abuse here, then you really are delusional.

Education is what makes us smarter not technology. The average person todays is a lot smarter than the average person 50 or 100 years ago.
    It's not like if Einstein was in school today he'd be in the slow class or anything, but on average it's an upwards trend.

If life today is so much better - how could this "multi cult" be failed.
    I'm not sure what a multi cult is - but I assume you mean the durty foreigners?

Or do you not agree life is better? If not - how so, what makes it worse?

Actually IQ levels are dropping in the western world today.

The multi cult is the failed ideology that we bring all the peoples of the world and we would all live happily together as one big family. Look at crime in Sweden and see the result. But you know all that and you still have to get your tiresome jibe in about 'de nazi hatin the blacks lads'. Go you.

Again I think it's too simplistic to say life is inherently better today. You may have more money for frivolous items but you're also working yourself to death to rent your crappy Celtic tiger apartment.

Say millions of Europeans were heading to North African countries, and the people of these countries were concerned about the impact of this massive migration, and were concerned about future demographics of their countries, would you call them racist?

I think it is a fantasy land that you want to live in.

Are you really saying that there is no sexual violence in a mono-cultural society? Because Irish society was basically monocultural for our first 6 or 7 decades, and if you think there was no rape, no child abuse here, then you really are delusional.

Nope. But I do know there was no taharrush in Europe until recently. Do you think a new form of sex crime is an acceptable part of multiculturalism?

Say millions of Europeans were heading to North African countries, and the people of these countries were concerned about the impact of this massive migration, and were concerned about future demographics of their countries, would you call them racist?

Actually IQ levels are dropping in the western world today.?

There are of course exceptions that prove the rule! But in general IQs are rising. Due in large part to better nutrition (one of those important metrics) and better education (another one) It's called the Flynn effect.
    The multi cult is the failed ideology that we bring all the peoples of the world and we would all live happily together as one big family. Look at crime in Sweden and see the result. But you know all that and you still have to get your tiresome jibe in about 'de nazi hatin the blacks lads'. Go you.?

How do you know so much about Sweden and so little about Ireland?
    Is Sven your real name:D
    Again I think it's too simplistic to say life is inherently better today. You may have more money for frivolous items but you're also working yourself to death to rent your crappy Celtic tiger apartment.

Those 2 things are contradictory.
    I either have loads of spare money for frivolous items OR I have to work myself to death just to keep a roof over my head.
    It clearly can't be both!
    Think first and only then type for god sake.

The reality is, any time there was an influx of Europeans it was to rob the place blind!

There seems to be some sort of underlying current, certainly in this thread but also in general, whereby it's perfectly fine for us Paddys to fúck off here there and everywhere but it's not ok for foreigners to come here.
    There's a word for that - Bollox.

The reality is, any time there was an influx of Europeans it was to rob the place blind!

There seems to be some sort of underlying current, certainly in this thread but also in general, whereby it's perfectly fine for us Paddys to fúck off here there and everywhere but it's not ok for foreigners to come here.
    There's a word for that - Bollox.

You still didn't answer my question. If the situation was reversed and the peoples of North Africa were concerned about European immigration, and the demographics, would you be calling them racists and bigots? I wouldn't.

You still didn't answer my question. If the situation was reversed and the peoples of North Africa were concerned about European immigration, and the demographics, would you be calling them racists and bigots? I wouldn't.

If they were rejecting others purely on the grounds of their race, then yes I would call them racist. What else could I call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

No-one is advocating unrestricted immigration.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

No borders? We're all the same? Only racists are anti-immigration? We can fit millions more people? I've heard all these sound bites and they all strongly imply unrestricted immigration. People who advocate bringing all the Mediterranean migrants into Europe support unrestricted immigration explicitly. I haven't heard one of the groups you mention suggest any upper bounds on the amount of immigration into the country. I suppose that's because they don't advocate unrestricted immigration, according to you.

A conspicuous lack of straw in that straw man.

Also just a point on a previous post where you mentioned the Balkans, yes Yugoslavia (or Lebanon) is the result when you have different cultures forced together under the same roof. The only sane, sensible arrangement was for separate countries to be formed based on separate societies within the Balkans. It was a shame that it came to a violent solution in Yugoslavia, as opposed to the peaceful route pursued by Czechoslovakia

If they were rejecting others purely on the grounds of their race, then yes I would call them racist. What else could I call them?

But there not rejecting Europeans on race, they welcome Europeans who emigrate legally and can contribute. They just have concerns about mass European migration because they've seen crime go up, especially sex crime, and they know bringing in large numbers of people creates social problems. You still call them racist? I don't. I would say they have every right to be concerned about migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

But there not rejecting Europeans on race, they welcome Europeans who emigrate legally and can contribute. They just have concerns about mass European migration because they've seen crime go up, especially sex crime, and they know bringing in large numbers of people creates social problems. You still call them racist? I don't. I would say they have every right to be concerned about migration.

This is a thread about white Irish and our ever increasing population, even with mass emigration over the past 5 years, somehow being wiped out.

The whole imaginary mass immigration into Europe has been done to death.

Have people really run out of hysterical, over the top, fearmongering stories of white genocide in Ireland already?

• Advertisement

Just with Trump, the KKK and Le Pen, it is all built on lies, fear and hatred of anyone that is different.

Can you name some of the restrictions please?

What restrictions have any of those bodies placed on immmigration into Ireland?

All of those bodies are pro-immigration and they have no published restrictions.

Advertisement