Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Pickford

Dawson/Francis/Rangel

Pedro/Sane/Alli/Mkhitaryan/Coutinho

Laca/Firminho

Darlow
    Martina
    Mee
    Rodriguez

Might possibly look at downgrading Alli and bring in Lukaku for Laca?

Would love opinions either way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Finally, it's very risky not having City cover. I think they'll win the league this season.

Thanks, like the look of Foster/Myhill.

Have Trippier + 4 x 4.5m, had changed to Yedlin, dropped Lindelof.

Have Sane, they will be dangerous this year.
    racso1975 wrote: »
    Pickford

Dawson/Francis/Rangel

Pedro/Sane/Alli/Mkhitaryan/Coutinho

Laca/Firminho

Darlow
    Martina
    Mee
    Rodriguez

Might possibly look at downgrading Alli and bring in Lukaku for Laca?

Would love opinions either way

Did you look at Evertons opening fixtures? Get rid of Pickford, Forster for same price has decent fixtures(ger rid of Martina for same reason).
    Keep Alli, you need spurs coverage.
    Downgrade Mkhitaryan/Coutinho for Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

My team so far is:

GK - 

Foster / Myhill - Can't see WB conceding as many goals this season. Good fixtures

DF -

Lindelof - I'll have to see if he's first choice but he's in for now. Could nab a few goals too.
    Trippier - Attacking threat and at 5.5 a good price for me. Depends if Spurs will strengthen in the meantime though.
    Cedric - Southampton cover for the opening fixtures. Tried so hard to fit in Bertrand but couldn't do it. Pellegrino is a defensive coach too.
    Yedlin - Wing back who could get points. Could work well for home fixtures.
    Hunemeier - Bench fodder who could start. Probably not.

MD - 
    De Bruyne - Banker to start out of all of City's mid's and I expect a big season.
    Alli - Couldn't fit in Kane so the next best Spurs cover. If Son was fit he'd be in ahead of Alli.
    Salah - Possible starter up front. I'll have to see more pre-season for Lpool before making my decision. If not I'll revert to Coutinho or possibly try fit Mane in.
    Stanislas - Huge finish to last season and I expect him nailed on to start. Bournemouth like to get forward and have some decent opening fixtures.
    RLC - Must have surely if he starts.

FD - 
    Lukaku - Seems like a banker. I'll keep an eye on pre-season though.
    Jesus - Depends on if he plays as the number nine or not. Scary potential for points IMO but I'll probably switch to Aguero if the latter is further forward.
    J Rod - Good opening fixtures and he's back fully fit. Knows where the goal is and will get assists. If Charlie Austin was gonna start for certain I'd go with him instead.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Taughts here please folks...

Forster/Begovic
    Lindelof Bertie Holgate ( Daniels Mee )
    Sane Klassen Coutinho Pedro (RLC)
    Lacazette Gabbi Firmingo...

Two I'm having concerns with for opening fixtures.. Klassen Unknown and Gabbi(Southampton have tasty fixtures but will he start) .? With Morata in London for Chelsea he's also tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Foster-Begovic

Trippier-Mee-Cedric-Marriapa- Francis

De bruyne-Coutinho-Pedro-Lanzini-RLC

Lacazette-Benteke-Jesus

Looking at a 3-4-3

• Advertisement

Dubliner28 wrote:
    Forster/Begovic Lindelof Bertie Holgate ( Daniels Mee ) Sane Klassen Coutinho Pedro (RLC) Lacazette Gabbi Firmingo...

Dubliner28 wrote:
    Two I'm having concerns with for opening fixtures.. Klassen Unknown and Gabbi(Southampton have tasty fixtures but will he start) .? With Morata in London for Chelsea he's also tempting

No problems with the gks Holgate might be behind Martina for Everton and they have a brutal start. Same with klaasen and will want to see him before adding him in. Gabbi made alot of enemies last year and Austin should be back and I'd worry about firmino not producing enough goals. You could downgrade gabbi and firmino to benteke and Austin freeing up funds to swap the 2 Everton lads around

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Foster-Begovic

Trippier-Mee-Cedric-Marriapa- Francis

De bruyne-Coutinho-Pedro-Lanzini-RLC

Lacazette-Benteke-Jesus

Looking at a 3-4-3

The only thing that really stands out is you have neither Kane or Lukaku. The three forwards you have are fine but the two expensive lads are heavily owned and it's a gamble to have neither. I've also seen Liverpool fans say Coutinho may be playing deeper this season. And is Mariappa nailed on? He's never been on my radar so haven't paid any attention to him.

Otherwise it's solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

Anyoone have any feedback on my current team?

I have purposely omitted Spurs players by the way ;-)

De Gea

Yoshida, Holding, Bailly

Sane, Salah, Fabregas, Tadic

Lukaku, Lacazette (may change), Benteke

Bench: Elliot, Ake, RLC, Rangel

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Anyoone have any feedback on my current team?

I have purposely omitted Spurs players by the way ;-)

De Gea

Yoshida, Holding, Bailly

Sane, Salah, Fabregas, Tadic

Lukaku, Lacazette (may change), Benteke

Bench: Elliot, Ake, RLC, Rangel

If VVD stays is Yoshida nailed ?

Stephens looked decent last year & could take his place

Good point

Its a toss up between Yoshida and Stephens anyway. Yoshida usually gets a few goals a season to boot

• Advertisement

The only thing that really stands out is you have neither Kane or Lukaku. The three forwards you have are fine but the two expensive lads are heavily owned and it's a gamble to have neither. I've also seen Liverpool fans say Coutinho may be playing deeper this season. And is Mariappa nailed on? He's never been on my radar so haven't paid any attention to him.

Yeah its a risk I'm looking at it as I want to see how kane and spurs adapt to playing in Wembley I think they might struggle and im just not a fan of lukaku tbh it may come back to bite me. I've read marriapa is the most likely starter out of all the 4.0 defenders he's just a filler really. Coutinho you'd imagine will still be influential in most of the good things Liverpool will do but I could downgrade him if needed

Its a toss up between Yoshida and Stephens anyway. Yoshida usually gets a few goals a season to boot

What about cedric? You'd imagine he will be first choice right back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Good point

He doesn't though, only had 1 last year in the league and it was a fluke IIRC.

I had him and he one of my faves last season but only cause he was a cheap way into Southampton defence at 4.5. I don't think he's 100% nailed on and at 5.0, you'd wanna be certain he is.

Would Cedric not be a better option for you? Loves bombing forward and could do well in the opening games at 5.0 too

Cedric it is!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Yeah its a risk I'm looking at it as I want to see how kane and spurs adapt to playing in Wembley I think they might struggle and im just not a fan of lukaku tbh it may come back to bite me. I've read marriapa is the most likely starter out of all the 4.0 defenders he's just a filler really. Coutinho you'd imagine will still be influential in most of the good things Liverpool will do but I could downgrade him if needed

Every blank draft I've started with so far - Kane is the first player I stick in. Given last season and his ownership I think he's as close to a must have as you can get this year. Agree on Lukaku, Utd may not score as many as the other top 6 teams and he's an expensive question mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Current draft:

GK: Foster Elliot
    DF: Trippier, Lindelof, Martina, Yedlin, Long
    MF: Alli, Sane, Coutinho, Ramsey, Ward-Prowse
    ST: Lacazette, Lukaku. J Rod

Planning on going with three up top where possible, so considering swapping JWP for RLC to raise funds for Chicarito.

Any opinions on Knockaert actually? Widely regarded as the best player in the Championship last year and could be a useful cheap option.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Current draft:

GK: Foster Elliot
    DF: Trippier, Lindelof, Martina, Yedlin, Long
    MF: Alli, Sane, Coutinho, Ramsey, Ward-Prowse
    ST: Lacazette, Lukaku. J Rod

Planning on going with three up top where possible, so considering swapping JWP for RLC to raise funds for Chicarito.

Any opinions on Knockaert actually? Widely regarded as the best player in the Championship last year and could be a useful cheap option.

I'd be wary of choosing Martina at the start as Everton have brutal fixtures.

I think I prefer Newcastle's Ritchie and anyway Knockaert is injured at the moment so might not be ready in time for GW1. Ritchie has an injury also but I believe it's only a minor one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

He doesn't though, only had 1 last year in the league and it was a fluke IIRC.

I had him and he one of my faves last season but only cause he was a cheap way into Southampton defence at 4.5. I don't think he's 100% nailed on and at 5.0, you'd wanna be certain he is.

Would Cedric not be a better option for you? Loves bombing forward and could do well in the opening games at 5.0 too

Yoshida was doing well with bonus and had had good CBI. Had him too for the run in and seem to remember him going close to goal a few times in the last couple of months.

I think I prefer Newcastle's Ritchie and anyway Knockaert is injured at the moment so might not be ready in time for GW1. Ritchie has an injury also but I believe it's only a minor one.

Ritchie takes penalties too

Every blank draft I've started with so far - Kane is the first player I stick in. Given last season and his ownership I think he's as close to a must have as you can get this year. Agree on Lukaku, Utd may not score as many as the other top 6 teams and he's an expensive question mark.

I could swap around a little and get alli in for spurs cover and also looking at hernandez too now. Kane is probably a bit expensive unless I dropped lacazette and jesus for hernandez and kane. I like city and arsenals opening fixtures though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm liking this team at the moment. So funny how many times it has changed though :P

Foster, Elliot
    Cedric, Lindelof, Ward, Naughton, Long
    KDB, Miki, Tadic, Lallana, Carroll
    Kane, Lukaku, Gayle

1m ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

I'm slowly getting there can you comment please .

Fabianski /Foster - Rotate all season
    Cedric / Trippier / Naunton / Mee / Dawson
    Alli / Sterling / Willan /Pedro / RLC
    Kane / Lukaku / Depoitre

One will go from Willan or Pedro

Comments please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

bodking wrote: »
    I'm slowly getting there can you comment please .

Fabianski /Foster - Rotate all season
    Cedric / Trippier / Naunton / Mee / Dawson
    Alli / Sterling / Willan /Pedro / RLC
    Kane / Lukaku / Depoitre

One will go from Willan or Pedro

Comments please

Sterling won't start every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sterling won't start every game.

I would add only one of that midfield will

• Registered Users Posts: 42 UKLad

Hi would appreciate feedback on the below team

Courtois
    Naughton, Dunk, Mee
    Willian, Alli, Salah, Iwobi, Sane
    Kane, Lukaku

Subs
    Holgate, fletcher, Elliot, Britos

Clearly haven't invested in subs and defence is weak. Probably will take out a premium midfielder for Tom Carroll and reinvest but am happy overall.

UKLad wrote:
    Courtois Naughton, Dunk, Mee Willian, Alli, Salah, Iwobi, Sane Kane, Lukaku

That is a very weak back line and I think alli is your only midfielder guaranteed 90 mins each week so I'd be a little wary

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rushty

UKLad wrote: »
    Hi would appreciate feedback on the below team

Courtois
    Naughton, Dunk, Mee
    Willian, Alli, Salah, Iwobi, Sane
    Kane, Lukaku

Subs
    Holgate, fletcher, Elliot, Britos

Clearly haven't invested in subs and defence is weak. Probably will take out a premium midfielder for Tom Carroll and reinvest but am happy overall.

Could downgrade Courtois as well if trying to free more funds, plenty of good 4.5 options. I agree with Kane and Lukaku and yes defence is very weak, also good value options available there though, Cedric and Daniels both 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rushty

Fabianski -- Foster (rotate)

Cedric -- Lindelof --Daniels -- Lascelles (sub) -- Hünemeier (sub)

Coutinho -- Sané -- Pogba -- Fabregas -- RLC (sub)

Lukaku -- Kane -- Jay Rodriguez

Happy enough, have changed so many times already. If Alli starts well I could see myself trying to get him in. Have gone for expensive Spurs and Chelsea defenders in the past but that hasn't really worked so going for two expensive forwards instead. I think Fabregas could be a real bargain and reckon Rodriguez is great value as well. Being a United fan has influenced putting Pogba in there but a nice run of fixtures at the start so great potential for points. Could put Mkhitaryan in for same price if he starts better, I reckon he'll have a good season.

Sané seems to be very much liked by Guardiola and Coutinho has potential for regular double-digit gameweeks. 2 sub defenders have reasonably nice first 10 games to rotate with Daniels because Bournemouth have Arsenal, City, Spurs and Chelsea in their first 10.

Might be getting a bit too far ahead of myself thinking 10 games dwn the line though, could be resorting to using my wildcard by then if things get off to a bad start!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've had it up on the browser for days but only got back to it now. Like people's thoughts on this squad.....

Foster Heaton
    Rudiger, Trippier, Simpson, Yedlin, Muniesa
    De Bruyne, Son, Ritchie, Herrera, Mooy
    Kane, Jesus, Iheanacho( Slimani placeholder until the move happens)

Big issues are no United defender, no Chelsea attacker and no Arsenal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've had it up on the browser for days but only got back to it now. Like people's thoughts on this squad.....

Foster Heaton
    Rudiger, Trippier, Simpson, Yedlin, Muniesa
    De Bruyne, Son, Ritchie, Herrera, Mooy
    Kane, Jesus, Iheanacho( Slimani placeholder until the move happens)

Big issues are no United defender, no Chelsea attacker and no Arsenal at all.

I haven't really looked at my own team yet, so I can't really comment on improvements. However, I think you could run into trouble with that team. Is Rudiger nailed on? I understand Simpson is under pressure for his spot and Muniesa isn't guaranteed to start.

In midfield, Son probably won't start the season due to injury and I think Ritchie and Herrera (in particular) aren't strong enough to be the 3rd and 4th mid, unless you plan on a 4-3-3, which it doesn't look like. Mooy is an intriguing pick and could be a nice differential for you.

The forward line looks good to me. No Lukaku, but someone has to miss out.

Random suggestion - swap Rudiger for A Man U defender and Herrera for a Chelsea mid?

Advertisement