Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - 3 Arena - Thursday 16th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Falthyron wrote: »
    433683.jpg

Fantastic gig! Wonderful entertainers!

Some would even say wonderful wonderful entertainers...

Sorry, I'll get my cost

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Their new keyboard player Sean was pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Great atmosphere and great setlist! Had a crazy mid 00s oxegen flashback during For Reasons Unknown! Brandon Flowers is a great frontman and the crowd really fed from his energy! Brought my sister along with me to the gig tonight and she would know their big hits but wouldn’t be a die hard fan and she commented on how he sounds exactly like he does on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Not a massive fan of anything they've done post Sam's Town but that was an amazing gig. 1st time seeing them live. Brandon is a great front man, he got the crowd going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I saw them in Hyde Park earlier this year, thinking thats the best they could be. Last night blew that out of the water! How good was that?? Andy You're a Star was an absolute flashback to Oxegen 2004!

New tunes are brilliant live. Brilliant setlist and performance. Crowd were great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Fantastic Gig. My boyfriend wouldnt be really into them or know many of their songs but he absolutely loved it. Admitted he was an amazing performer and sounded exactly like the albums.

We had standing tickets which was great, only issue was this guy in front of us basically filmed the entire thing on a Iphone plus - so big ass phone kept getting in the way when we were trying to see. Dont understand people that go to gigs and just record everything. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Just enjoy the moment.

Still buzzing after last night. Didn't get back home til 3am and still haven't hit a wall.

The new tunes sound great live. Can't get over The Calling. I had no idea they had that kind of gig in them. Hyde Park earlier this year was nothing compared to it.

You'd hardly miss the other 2 would you?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

girlfriend is a massive fan and went along with her. very impressed! sound was great, stage was class. great musicianship - loved the drummer and bassist. brandons voice like cd and full of charisma. would defo go see them again! dont like mid week gigs but it had saturday night atmosphere too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Glad ye all enjoyed it. I saw them at glasto and they blew me away. I was never a massive fan but I know all the hits. I can't believe they played andy you're a star, that's my favourite of theirs.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Glad ye all enjoyed it. I saw them at glasto and they blew me away. I was never a massive fan but I know all the hits. I can't believe they played andy you're a star, that's my favourite of theirs.

Same. Special song for me! Sends me right back. Made my night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only ever seen the Killers once at Oxegen 2007 and thought they were terrible. Having said that going by reviews since then they really have improved and always meant to get to a gig over the last few years but i keep forgetting to grab tickets. After seeing a video from last night i am 100% jealous of everyone and it seemed liked a cracker of a gig.

I presume they will be back during the summer maybe for Longitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Unbelievable night. Special performance from a truly top class band.

Crowd were excellent also and really up for it from the very start.

I've seen them live 9 times and last night was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Value for money so if they played a longer set than normal. Just sickened I missed it

They played an hour 53 mins to be precise.
    On at 9.06 ,off at 10.59.
    Belfast in contrast only got a paltry 1 hour forty last night.

The Dublin gig was fantastic ,one of the best gigs I've been to in years,hit after hit and no let up .
    Crowd were superb,very well behaved too .
    The only negative was the sound,it was poor ,drums were far too loud and overpowering .Vocals were muffled too . Some songs went way out of tune .

The sound in Belfast was better but the screen didn't work as well due to being an arena style venue ,and too much peripheral light from the crowd at the side.
    For all the criticism of the 3arena by people on here ,its a great venue ,the theatre style design really creates a superb atmosphere ,and the band see a wall of people so it lifts them.
    Here are some pictures I took.

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

A week on, I can definitely say this was one of my gigs of the year. Have had a look and no other show has had a set as good as Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

A week on, I can definitely say this was one of my gigs of the year. Have had a look and no other show has had a set as good as Dublin.

It was a great night ,the atmosphere was electric .
    They played a couple of extra songs.

They have a huge catalogue of hits ,they could easily play 3 hours .
    We only got 2 songs off Battle Born and 3 off Day and Age.

They have surpassed U2 as the best band in the world in my opinion .

It was a great night ,the atmosphere was electric .
    They played a couple of extra songs.

They have a huge catalogue of hits ,they could easily play 3 hours .
    We only got 2 songs off Battle Born and 3 off Day and Age.

They have surpassed U2 as the best band in the world in my opinion .

I was a bit worried at the start of Wonderful Wonderful about the crowd, but my fears were unfounded once that first chorus bate in!

Must say the crowd really were great. I went alone, and a lot around me seemed to have gone alone too, but the buzz was phenomenal. I'd love to get my hands on a boot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Brilliant show, really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MelBri

hey anyone trying to get presale tickets for their rds show? I keep clicking on the link I was emailed but it just brings me to ticketmaster who say there are no tickets on sale, anyone having this isssue?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

MelBri wrote: »
    hey anyone trying to get presale tickets for their rds show? I keep clicking on the link I was emailed but it just brings me to ticketmaster who say there are no tickets on sale, anyone having this isssue?

Are you on the app? I couldn't get any on the app it was showing as none available so changed to the website and got 2 that way. I didn't use a link just the normal ticketmaster site

Aw, what email?!

• Advertisement

viv2 wrote: »
    Are you on the app? I couldn't get any on the app it was showing as none available so changed to the website and got 2 that way. I didn't use a link just the normal ticketmaster site

tried using both and it doesn't seem to be working. Did you just go to ticketmaster, search them and then the pre sale option came up?

Never mind. Gold circle ticket got :)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

tried using both and it doesn't seem to be working. Did you just go to ticketmaster, search them and then the pre sale option came up?

Yes exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

any spare codes going or is it one off usage??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Victims will let you in

Surprised to see Gold Circle tickets only a tenner more expensive than standing. For Guns N Roses and the like they were way more than GA.

viv2 wrote: »
    Yes exactly that.

Success! Tried it again and got sorted, thanks for the help! :)

Aw, what email?!

Signed up as a victim on the killers website, they send you a pre sale code

Surprised to see Gold Circle tickets only a tenner more expensive than standing. For Guns N Roses and the like they were way more than GA.

What are gold circle tickets?

• Advertisement

What are gold circle tickets?

Basically, "Pit" tickets right in front of the stage. Usually, anyway.

Advertisement