Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - 3 Arena - Thursday 16th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

If for whatever reason anyone can't make The Killers in Dublin or Belfast and would like to sell their tickets (to a very appreciative girl who will be celebrating her 21st :rolleyes:) then please PM me!

Ideally looking for 2+ tickets (standing or sitting) at face value (poor student alert).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    -N

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

N.96 wrote: »
    If for whatever reason anyone can't make The Killers in Dublin or Belfast and would like to sell their tickets (to a very appreciative girl who will be celebrating her 21st :rolleyes:) then please PM me!

Ideally looking for 2+ tickets (standing or sitting) at face value (poor student alert).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    -N

How about a flight to Manchester? I'd say they'd be amazing there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It seems Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer have quit the tour !
    It seems very fishy indeed ,there would seem to be alot of friction going on behind the scenes .

Keuning says that he needs to spend more time with his family and Stoermer is going back to college to finish !
    Both members will be replaced for the upcoming tour .

The Killers guitarist Dave Keuning didn’t seem too enthused about the band’s new album Wonderful Wonderful in a new Q magazine article, claiming he wasn’t even there for the end of the making of the album, which is when ‘most stuff gets done’ according to Keuning. Brandon Flowers had detailed earlier in the article how most of the album is inspired by his wife Tana’s horrible childhood, being abandoned by her mother, and dealing with her PTSD.

I have to say that in my opinion the first 3 singles off the album have been disappointing and there are only 10 songs on the album.

Is this the end of the road for The Killers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It seems Dave Keuning and Mark Stoermer have quit the tour !
    It seems very fishy indeed ,there would seem to be alot of friction going on behind the scenes .

Keuning says that he needs to spend more time with his family and Stoermer is going back to college to finish !
    Both members will be replaced for the upcoming tour .

The Killers guitarist Dave Keuning didn’t seem too enthused about the band’s new album Wonderful Wonderful in a new Q magazine article, claiming he wasn’t even there for the end of the making of the album, which is when ‘most stuff gets done’ according to Keuning. Brandon Flowers had detailed earlier in the article how most of the album is inspired by his wife Tana’s horrible childhood, being abandoned by her mother, and dealing with her PTSD.

I have to say that in my opinion the first 3 singles off the album have been disappointing and there are only 10 songs on the album.

Is this the end of the road for The Killers ?

It's such a strange one as I'd generally say no it's not the end. Once they make the records together and you have adequate touring members, it can work, thinking of the Beach Boys type success. But my logical side says that these days f*ck all money is made on records and it's all on touring so although Keuning has a been drifting for years, you could see the two of them just packing it in and it becoming the Brandon Flowers show. It's hardly as if they've ground each other down over the recent past, they've had four years off since the Battle Born tour.

You're right on the album too, ten songs is not a lot and you need more or less each and every one to be top drawer to pull off that short an album.

They've a great back catalogue and hopefully the tour will still be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Its poor enough to let the tour sell out and then announce Dave wouldnt be taking part. Mark quit touring officially last year (but still does big events, like the Glastonbury show). I still hadnt realised Mark wasnt touring until I saw this huge lad with a beard on stage in Hyde Park.

This doesnt sound good though. 4 years off from the band, and only 50% of the band agree to tour. The band actually put out a pretty smug message for everyone who was disappointed about it too (sorry if it doesnt show)

https://www.facebook.com/Thekillers/photos/a.10152261860840695.1073741825.35718435694/10155968076265695/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Deneb Cygnus

It is disappointing to hear of this splitting of the band, however, I'd wager most fans won't be too bothered and will the enjoy the music anyways. I'd sure as hell would still love to go.
    Despite pre-ordering Wonderful Wonderful and trying my best to get tickets, I was unfortunate in my efforts.
    If anyone has any spare tickets or can't use their tickets for any reason to any of the shows in the UK and Ireland, preferably Dublin or Belfast, I would gladly buy them off ya. Please let me know if this is the case.
    I am a massive fan of the Killers, and the shows are within days of my birthday and I would be eternally grateful for anyone who would sell me any tickets. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Have the support acts been announced yet?

I can’t find any info on the interwebs...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Have the support acts been announced yet?

I can’t find any info on the interwebs...... :pac:

Juanita Stein

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I’m waiting on Belfast tickets? Anyone receive theirs yet? Or Dublin ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I’m waiting on Belfast tickets? Anyone receive theirs yet? Or Dublin ones?

I've received Dublin tickets via post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I’m waiting on Belfast tickets? Anyone receive theirs yet?

Yes, at the end of last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amykpx

I am going to the killers in November and I have a standing ticket, all my friends got seating, Anyone going to the killers standing alone? 😎

amykpx wrote: »
    I am going to the killers in November and I have a standing ticket, all my friends got seating, Anyone going to the killers standing alone? ��

I go to gigs alone all the time, you might even prefer it! You'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MelBri

Hey guys, So I'm trying to get tickets to the killers and I found a seller but looking at the picture of the tickets they don't seem to have a set of numbers written on the top right, above the barcode. Anyone know what this number means? Otherwise they look legit

MelBri wrote: »
    Hey guys, So I'm trying to get tickets to the killers and I found a seller but looking at the picture of the tickets they don't seem to have a set of numbers written on the top right, above the barcode. Anyone know what this number means? Otherwise they look legit

Mine doesnt have numbers above the QR code thing at the top, but the numbers are are below the barcode on the bottom if it helps? If in doubt just ask for verification. I always bring my order form just in case when I'm selling on a ticket. There ARE plenty of absolute dix out there.

Mine doesnt have numbers above the QR code thing at the top, but the numbers are are below the barcode on the bottom if it helps? If in doubt just ask for verification. I always bring my order form just in case when I'm selling on a ticket. There ARE plenty of absolute dix out there.

Great advice, thanks for that! I asked the seller for reciept/proof of purchase but he said he didn't have any because a friend had bought them, I asked if the friend had proof of purchase and he said no so I backed right off those tickets. It's a pity cus the tickets are so hard to get but it started to seem very fishy.

Great advice, thanks for that! I asked the seller for reciept/proof of purchase but he said he didn't have any because a friend had bought them, I asked if the friend had proof of purchase and he said no so I backed right off those tickets. It's a pity cus the tickets are so hard to get but it started to seem very fishy.

You're way better off! Keep trying TM the next week or so. TM have a habit lately of releasing more tickets closer to the event. I got sorted for U2 during the Summer not long beforehand. There seem to be pairs going up regulary on Toutless. You could buy 2 and sell the other easily.

You're way better off! Keep trying TM the next week or so. TM have a habit lately of releasing more tickets closer to the event. I got sorted for U2 during the Summer not long beforehand. There seem to be pairs going up regulary on Toutless. You could buy 2 and sell the other easily.

Oh really? I actually hadn't though of Ticketmaster releasing anymore so I'll keep my eyes peeled! I'm looking for 2 anyways so hopefully will get something sorted, thanks for the help!

Oh really? I actually hadn't though of Ticketmaster releasing anymore so I'll keep my eyes peeled! I'm looking for 2 anyways so hopefully will get something sorted, thanks for the help!

2 standing just went up on Toutless. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Per MCD twitter, production hold seats for Belfast being released at 10am https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/928187488912502784

Also competition to win tickets on The Killers twitter https://twitter.com/thekillers/status/928185325901549569

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Does anyone know if there’s anyway to sell the VIP early entry tickets?

I bought 2 and apparently have to collect them on the night of the gig at the box office, and show my credit card which I paid for them with. This wasn’t explained when I bought them and I ticked the “print e-tickets” option which went through fine but then was told the VIP tickets are for box office collection only.
    Long story short, I will be abroad during the gig (with my credit card) and want to sell my tickets. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and got around the whole “bring your credit card to collect” thing.
    Thanks

2 standing just went up on Toutless. Best of luck!

Thanks so much for the help, managed to nab two tickets, well chuffed! :D

Celtise wrote: »
    Per MCD twitter, production hold seats for Belfast being released at 10am https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/928187488912502784

Also competition to win tickets on The Killers twitter https://twitter.com/thekillers/status/928185325901549569

Thanks for that! Managed to grab 2 tickets! so happyyy

Thanks so much for the help, managed to nab two tickets, well chuffed! :D

Ah delighted! Should be a savage gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Transferred 2oo euro to a guy on DoneDeal for 2 tickets over two weeks and he hasn't posted them nor has he replied to my messages/calls. I know, buyer beware, but I took a chance and it obviously back fired, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Omega28 wrote: »
    Transferred 2oo euro to a guy on DoneDeal for 2 tickets over two weeks and he hasn't posted them nor has he replied to my messages/calls. I know, buyer beware, but I took a chance and it obviously back fired, unfortunately.

Oh no :( what an asshole!! Is there any way of reporting him to done deal? They would have contact details for him im sure and might be able to follow up on it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

How did you transfer the money

Carroller wrote: »
    How did you transfer the money

From my current account to his

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Omega28 wrote: »
    From my current account to his

Well go to the guards with his bank details should be easy to track him. Also see if your bank can recall the money but that's unlikely. Even if you don't get the money back you should still make a complaint about him

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    Well go to the guards with his bank details should be easy to track him. Also see if your bank can recall the money but that's unlikely. Even if you don't get the money back you should still make a complaint about him

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that on Monday.

I know it was my own fault sending money this way but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Turns out I was wrong.

Advertisement