Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places to eat across the country

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Suckler

Fureys and the hamlet are both great spots close to me. The station house in edenderry also a great spot.

Is/was Fureys not closed?? Was a mighty spot for grub 10 odd years ago. If it was a summers evening I was jealous of anyone perched there for a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,376 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Suckler wrote: »
    Is/was Fureys not closed?? Was a mighty spot for grub 10 odd years ago. If it was a summers evening I was jealous of anyone perched there for a few pints.

No still open as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Furey's don't do food on a Sunday I don't think. I stopped there last year or the year before and was disappointed as I was very much looking forward to a steak sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

The Amber filling station in Fermoy is a good spot for breakfast, full Irish with everything on it €6. Matt The Trashers in Birdhill is a good spot as well. There is a new spot after opening in Oldcastle Co Meath, Flicks, it an old cinema had while you are eating it has silent movies on a big screen, the food is lovely and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭White Clover

Said I'd resurrect this thread!
    I had a fantastic breakfast recently in Larkin's bar in Milltown, Co. Kerry. Really good and fresh.
    Also had a really nice lunch in the Longcourt Hotel in Newcastle West.
    Dinner in The Devon Inn Hotel in Templeglantine, halfway between Newcastle west and Abbeyfeale.
    Fabulous steak here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I had a fantastic breakfast recently in Larkin's bar in Milltown, Co. Kerry. Really good and fresh.
    Dinner in The Devon Inn Hotel in Templeglantine, halfway between Newcastle west and Abbeyfeale.
    Fabulous steak here.

You ate well that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Fabulous steak here.

Great days eating...you must go to the "whats the etiquette here" thread and give an additional report!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Linnanes New Quay
    Pier Kinvara
    OSullivans Gort
    Shamrock Lahinch
    Keenans
    Oarsman
    Riverbank Dromahair
    Fiddlers Sligo
    Lyons Sligo
    Vaughans Liscannor
    Bell bridge Spanish point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

We went up to the giants causeway in July and ate in Ocho Tapas up in Portrush.
    We’re still talking about that dinner 2 months on!

You ate well that day!

😆, it looks that way alright. That was over 6 months, I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kk.man

The thatch in Mooncoin is very good. Had reason to be there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

😆, it looks that way alright. That was over 6 months, I suppose!

I always stop in Larkin's on the way to Dingle and I agree with you about the steak in the Devon Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Meadow Court Loughrea. Never fails. Smashing grub.

I always stop in Larkin's on the way to Dingle and I agree with you about the steak in the Devon Inn.

Leen's Hotel in Abbeyfeale is just as good as The Devon Inn. Same owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Up the other end of the country, went to Dooleys of Edmondstown in Ardee today for lunch. It was really good. Had never been there before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    Up the other end of the country, went to Dooleys of Edmondstown in Ardee today for lunch. It was really good. Had never been there before

Boylan’s isn’t bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

My favourite local is the Bunker in Clonmel . Love their grill

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

2forjoy wrote: »
    My favourite local is the Bunker in Clonmel . Love their grill

And what’s the food like?

Advertisement