Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What products prey on stupid people?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

If your TV has a Saorview tuner built in you need to spend about 40 bucks on a Saorview Ariel. If your TV has no built in Saorview tuner you need both a Saorview box Approx 100 bucks as well as the Ariel.

My cheapo rabbits ears that are a gazillion years old work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What the hell is a Mediatrix - a virgin Dominatrix?

She beats you with a newspaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

jca wrote: »
    My cheapo rabbits ears that are a gazillion years old work perfectly.

As was already posted way back on page 17 :rolleyes:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Have you ever tried cleaning a cheese grater?

God no, that's what the staff are for.

The dishwasher also does a grand job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yes- I hold it under some hot running water and clean it with a dish brush. It's not terribly difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

*goes off to "invent" a product for those who get real cheesed off at the thought of cleaning a cheese grater.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Engagement rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

RedTie wrote: »
    I just heard an ad for the latest HP printer that will "tell you when your computer is under attack"

Sorry. What? :pac:

Other products that prey on stupid people would be smartphones. If you update yours, spending 700 euros in the process, every year a new model comes out I probably dont want to be your friend.

Also: Cigarettes. How, in 2017, have cigarette companies got new customers?

What other products prey on stupid people?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2003374/images/o-GUN-STORE-facebook.jpg

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Engagement rings.

Couldn't agree with that, they mark one of the most significant events in your life and certainly not a thing to get miserly about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Couldn't agree with that, they mark one of the most significant events in your life and certainly not a thing to get miserly about.

No intrinsic value.

Functionless. Huge depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Glenster wrote: »
    Everything in this shop

1935832233_f9f16ef4e1_z.jpg

ah now , leave Mary out of this :)

*goes off to "invent" a product for those who get real cheesed off at the thought of cleaning a cheese grater.
    JML probably have the patent for one of those.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    You know society has become too wealthy when a product called VIPoo hits our supermarket shelves.

A fcuking €10 - yes, €10 for a tiny plastic bottle filled with scented water.

Give me strength!!

10 euro? Really? 10 f*cking euro because people are insecure over the notion that everybody shi1ts?

....... wrote: »

You don't need to be into expensive jewellery to appreciate a nice engagement ring. It is likely going to be the most expensive piece any woman has and its a big deal to most women (but not all). I wouldn't advise someone to break themselves buying one (there is a very wide price range to suit all budgets) but I also would say its not something to cheap out on.
    greencap wrote: »
    No intrinsic value.

Functionless. Huge depreciation.

It has huge value to the couple, its certainly not function less and depreciation is of no concern unless you are planning to sell it which if you are you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Poisson Distribution

Yes- I hold it under some hot running water and clean it with a dish brush. It's not terribly difficult.

I disagree, I think it is difficult, it takes a considerable amount of effort to enusre all the cheese is gone, at least the one I have used at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I disagree, I think it is difficult, it takes a considerable amount of effort to enusre all the cheese is gone, at least the one I have used at least.

If a cheese grater is only to be used for grating cheese is it really that important that all the cheese is removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Does diamond and gold really depreciate?

lawred2 wrote: »

The price fluctuates, the price of the actual diamond may go up or down but the price of the actual ring will most likely be less than was paid for. Gold also has a whole sale price, if you melt down a piece of gold you will get paid by weight rather than the value of a ring.

As I said though you aren't buying an engagement ring with the intention to want to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

....... wrote: »

Why? It's very cheap and has a lot of great options. I like a lot of their own produced stuff and documentaries.

You probably think people are idiots for paying when free options are available but if everybody did that then there would be no money in the industry and nothing would get made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

caniask86 wrote: »
    Cheese grater. Who even bothers grating their own cheese these days?

Sometimes you want to grate different types of cheese in small quantities. Not just low grade cheddar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

It's actually the overpriced already grated stuff that's for the idiots

Eh dont think so. one euro something for a bag of grated cheese in Aldi or Lidl.

Eh dont think so. one euro something for a bag of grated cheese in Aldi or Lidl.

That tastes like ****e , life's too short for eating crap out of Aldi/Lidl / Tesco , live a little .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Newness depreciates. Very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭worded

Try some "artisan hand made" genuine French, Spanish or italian grated cheese

No comparison to cheap crap cheese

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

some "artisan hand made" genuine French, Spanish or italian grated cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hot soapy water (not that tepid greasy soup that has already washed up three days dishes), swish it, wipe dishcloth down outside of grater - go in the same direction as the gratery bits, then same inside, swish it round a bit, done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭moycullen14

I think there's a lot of pseudo-intellectual sneering at people who do the lotto. I'm sure that most people know the odds of winning are incredibly slim but while they have that ticket they can fantasise about having no money worries, taking exotic holidays, buying a beautiful home, driving an amazing car, looking after their kids' futures and so on.

I have to do the lotto syndicate at work. Why? Fear of missing out. I have no real desire or expectation of winning millions but can you imagine being the guy who wasn't in the syndicate that won big ....... :eek:

Advertisement