Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samhain Festival Dublin - 29th October 2017 (Liam Gallagher / The Strypes / TOUTS)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

emo72 wrote: »
    that'll work better in fairness

Thanks for the Lucan Village idea though, could be a decent plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

How did the gig go last night? And how was traffic etc? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Any stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jimosterberg

Touts 7:15
    Strypes 8:00
    Liam 9:15

Touts 7:15
    Strypes 8:00
    Liam 9:15

Thanks. Looks like a 10.30 finish tonight, seems about right

• Advertisement

That was special 14 songs for 60 quid, feel bad on people who don't like the support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

14 songs is piss poor

That was like a rag week event where I was standing. Absolute mayhem! Liam was well on form, and the Strypes actually have some decent tunes and put on a good show.

The new songs are fairly good live. Some Might Say was absolutely brilliant. Not as good as the Olympia gig, but great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Feeling slightly shafted by the 65 minute set but enjoyed what I did see. Saw him in Olympia and didn't mind the short gig then as he hadn't an album and tickets were cheap. Will be expecting a lot longer if I go to Malahide.

Liked The Strypes too. Somehow these guys have passed me by but very impressed with them. Will definitely be checking them out again. Good songs, good performers.

Collie D wrote: »
    Feeling slightly shafted by the 65 minute set but enjoyed what I did see. Saw him in Olympia and didn't mind the short gig then as he hadn't an album and tickets were cheap. Will be expecting a lot longer if I go to Malahide.

Liked The Strypes too. Somehow these guys have passed me by but very impressed with them. Will definitely be checking them out again. Good songs, good performers.

If there's one thing I enjoy, it's when a band have choreography. The bassist and the singer mad for moves! Bassist must be knackered today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

65 mins is very poor for the ticket cost. Enjoyed the songs he did play.

Getting back to Celbridge was an ordeal, a sound Gaurd put a load of us in a paddy wagon and brought us all back in

threein99 wrote: »
    65 mins is very poor for the ticket cost. Enjoyed the songs he did play.

Getting back to Celbridge was an ordeal, a sound Gaurd put a load of us in a paddy wagon and brought us all back in

That might be called been arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

but1er wrote: »

:D

Getting in and out via car and M50 was handy. We arrived way too early thinking there would be traffic and parking issues but reckon there were less than fifty cars in the car park. Back in NE Dublin by around eleven.

:D

Getting in and out via car and M50 was handy. We arrived way too early thinking there would be traffic and parking issues but reckon there were less than fifty cars in the car park. Back in NE Dublin by around eleven.

The car parking was actually brilliant. I thought I might have been cutting it fine when I left home because I knew parking was limited, but I'd say I arrived around the same time as yourself- plenty of space.

The only annoying thing was the lack of a path to the gig. Wearing Vans going through that wet mucky grass was a serious pain in the hole altogether. Managed to have dry feet driving home though. Rock N' Roll.

but1er wrote: »

I prefer my phrasing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

65 mins set was the only negative for me. It was still an amazing gig. I would rather a 65 min set with the songs he did play rather than a longer set but a poorer setlist. Besides the cost of the tix i came from cork had hotel stay and taxi fares so pretty expensive night.

Certainly not putting me off the malahide gig. Def gonna get tix on Friday..

Jesus Belfast got some set... 17 songs. Im Outta Time, Supersonic, Live Forever, Universal Gleam.

Jesus Belfast got some set... 17 songs. Im Outta Time, Supersonic, Live Forever, Universal Gleam.

Should be the minimum length of his set lists.

To be fair, Sunday night was a festival, and curfew may have been 10.30. It was the same with Air at Beatyard. They were doing 1hr 30 sets all over Europe, then got an hour for Beatyard. I tweeted to Beatyard and they said that Air were in charge of how long they played, so it was down to how much they were paid. I cant imagine Samhain being able to break the bank for Liam. Maybe. Roll on Malahide either way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭badabing106

You just got to roll with it man

• Advertisement

To be fair, Sunday night was a festival, and curfew may have been 10.30. It was the same with Air at Beatyard. They were doing 1hr 30 sets all over Europe, then got an hour for Beatyard. I tweeted to Beatyard and they said that Air were in charge of how long they played, so it was down to how much they were paid. I cant imagine Samhain being able to break the bank for Liam. Maybe. Roll on Malahide either way

Come on earlier then. I loved what I heard just didnt go on long enough for me

Come on earlier then. I loved what I heard just didnt go on long enough for me

I could have easily swapped a few more songs in place of the Touts. They did absolutely nothing for me. Felt like I was at one of those Battle of the Bands contests. A bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I could have easily swapped a few more songs in place of the Touts. They did absolutely nothing for me. Felt like I was at one of those Battle of the Bands contests. A bad one.

I agree. Touts were awful. Same sound for every song and just shouting down the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was total price for ticket?

Bbc radio 2 live set

Advertisement