Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Knex. wrote: »
    Stage times are up

https://www.metropolisfestival.ie/stages/

Todd Terje and Denis Sulta are clashing, as are Jungle and Mall Grab.

Surprised to see DJ Jazzy Jeff on so early at 4

That's him giving a talk. He's on later at 6 on the main stage. Hawtin and Terje is quite the clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Always nasty clashes at day festivals. From previous years you'd want to be at an act early if you want to get in as once the rooms are at capacity they stop letting people in..

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Anyone here going fancy dress for this. No mention of it anywhere on website although given the time of year I'm sure few people will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hey! Wheres the late night reports then, why is people not raving about the gigs? :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hey! Wheres the late night reports then, why is people not raving about the gigs? :confused:

Leftfield were incredible!! Great vibes in the place altogether. Really good crowd.
    We got there for death in vegas and just stayed in the same spot for the night. Laurent garnier was class too. Had planned on going to him in the button factory after but it was €20 in and i was too mean to pay it. Kinda raging i didnt now though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Cool venue crowds were really good ,nice mix of people. Music was decent all through ,leftfield done some top class performaces. Garnier set was good ,didnt really peak too much.

After show in button factory was a let down. Garnier played a very dark set ,little or no jazz ,vocal,keyboard sounds ,by the end more talkin goin on in crowd than dancin ,surprising as last time he played button factory the place was hopping all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Broken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went yesterday for the day, had a good time but didn't think it was great. Very young and messy crowd at it, queues to go everywhere (toilets were shocking), crowd didn't really feel into it for Todd Terje or Jungle. Music was good for the most part, caught DJ Deece, Peggy Gou, Jazzy Jeff, Jeremy Underground, Jungle & Todd Terje. Disappointing as the first edition of this festival was amazing, but this year and last have been let downs a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone catch Richie Hawtin's set.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Went yesterday for the day, had a good time but didn't think it was great. Very young and messy crowd at it, queues to go everywhere (toilets were shocking), crowd didn't really feel into it for Todd Terje or Jungle. Music was good for the most part, caught DJ Deece, Peggy Gou, Jazzy Jeff, Jeremy Underground, Jungle & Todd Terje. Disappointing as the first edition of this festival was amazing, but this year and last have been let downs a little bit.

Toilets were an absolute disgrace. Why couldn't they have just had a load of portaloos out in a common area, very confusing signage/one way system too. Lot of potential, great line-up, cool venue, very badly organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I found the toilets in the main stage area were grand and no queues but I wouldn't have liked to have been queuing for the female ones - effin hell!

Some stages horribly packed and really uncomfortably hot due to low roof and no aircon (think it was the red bull stage?).

Strange one way system with loads of queuing which made it a pain in the hole to get anywhere, €6.20 a pint for pre-poured manky, flat beer with zero head (hey at least it was cold) but that's par for the course at festivals isn't it? Crowd was alright - a big young maybe but that says as much about me as it does about them!!

Music was good. Sound was relatively decent. All in all I would give it 6 / 10 but probably wouldn't bother my hole going ever agaion unless I got a free ticket or there was someone outstanding on the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Went on the Sunday, music was good but i would be hard pressed to go back.

The layout / system of getting around they had was confusing and led to queuing for everything as others have said. Should have had more porta loos, long waits by the bulmers stage for them.

Went to Omar S at Index after to be honest that was highlight of day / night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Went on Saturday, just for Leftfield really. Crowd seemed to be on the older end or maybe just me. Wouldnt have liked to been on the pints all night though as I had to go to the toilet twice (female) and the queuing was woeful.

Leftfield was good. Crowd was nice. Went into town for a quiet pint after letting my friend glo paint my face though. Thank god it was halloween

Advertisement