Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major delays on Cork line @ weekend?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

IE 222 wrote: »
    When you provide an answer to my question ill be as kindly to answer yours

I already answered your question, there is no other rail operators in Ireland so we cannot compare Irish Rail to anyone else in Ireland so your question is somewhat of a moot point. That is why I compare them to other operators who operate in the same sector of the same industry.

I'm not going to drag the thread into discussing other industries, since this forum and this topic is not the place for that and I won't be drifting off into things that are totally unrelated in an attempt to take the discussion away to the fact that Irish Rail's customer focus is far below that which is enjoyed by citizens of other countries who use a train.

If you don't want to back your claims up with any proof and just speculate then that's just fine, I'm not going to force you to outline the issues, I was just curious as to what the issues were since I had not heard about them before and since I am interested in public transport I wanted to learn more about them and find out where i could do this since it appears I may be missing something obvious from what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

I believe there is a lot more important thing's to be done before given part of a small budget over to this.

What do you believe the money should be spent on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Ok so here are some of the document delays from August. All confirmed by IE. But this is not all the delays. Only those where customer was willing to complain. Recurring theme throughout in relation to lack of communication to customers during delays;
    01/08/08 18.15 Westport and 19.20 Galway both to Heuston 45 mins late, signal failure.

02/08/08 11.21 Portarlington to Heuston delayed, passenger requiring medical attention, no announcements to passengers.
    Issues with 10 southbound DARTs @ 5pm. 20min delays. Services unable to cope with large crowds going to Aviva. Somehow also impacted northbound Drogheda trains (4 running 10 mins late).17.30 Heuston to Galway 25 mins delayed Portarlington. Also delayed services behind it, including 6pm Heuston to Cork (15 mins late), and HEUSTON TO portlaoise (delayed Kildare), And delayed inbound trains to Heuston from Galway, Cork and Portlaoise by 10 mins

03/08 5pm bridge strike Macken st. Shut down all DART and Drogheda trains for 30-40 mins. Also impacted Maynooth and Newbridge trains from GCD. Main issue was delayed DARTs being put in front of delayed Drogheda trains , extending delays. As always Clongriffen siding not used to try and minimise delays. Really poorly reaction in that respect. No driver announcements on Bray to Drogheda....

04/08 Darts suspended due to trespasser on the line at Killiney, gardai called. 
    2-6pm points failure Limerick to Limerick junction, 20 min delays. Also 10.30am Galway to Limerick 40 min delays. Issue with PA systems on trains also.
    Issues with lack of security onboard trains to Galway for Galway races. Lots of drinking, families impacted.

05/08 Issues with crowd control in Connolly following GAA matches. A lot of negative feedback from families and older people. Issues with inbound 7pm ish from Belfast to Connolly. 40 mins late, and 30 mins late in the AM with overcrowding an issue
    Also level crossing issue at Carlow, 4pm, 45 min delay

06/08 Issue with 11.05 Belfast to Dublin. 

08/08 & 09/08 - points failure on Cobh line AM. Complete service shutdown. 30 mins delays as ended up as bus transfers but large numbers of tourists off big cruise ship  stranded as bus could not cope with volumes.
    09:30hrs Galway/Heuston 45mins late due to a technical issue, knock on delay to 09:45hrs Westport/Heuston

09/08 Delays of 25 mins to Dart/Northern Commuter due to mechanical fault on train at Raheny

11/08 Problems with Enterprise in Newry, Not sure if this was the same issue as the 8am Belfast to connolly, delayed 40 mins due to technical issue

12/08 7.35am Dub to Belfast Enterprise >30 mins late, operational difficulties

14/08 Signal fault Ballybrophy, 17.25 Heuston to Limerick 40 mins delay, 17.20 Cork to Heuston 30 mins delay, all services through Ballybrophy delayed

16/08 Points failure Pearse 8am. Numerous trains delays 10-15 mins mainly southbound. Lots of complaints about no information. Also morning Belfast to Dublin 20 mins delayed @ Newry. No electricity on train - i.e. no aircon/ hot food/power points
    17:03 Dun Laoghaire/Howth delayed 15mins through Kilbarrack due to medical, knock-on delays.
    5-6pm delays of 15mins to services through Connolly due to earlier points fault. But passengers claimed 45min delays?
    17:15hrs Connolly/Longford 30mins late went via Clontarf, back towards Connolly & on to Longford. Major issue with passenger communication.
    1900 Dublin-Belfast delayed at Drogheda 20 mins

17/08 07:50hrs Waterford/Heuston 30mins late due to a mechanical fault on the 07:20hrs Waterford/Lim Jct. service.
    Mechanical fault, reduced capacity on 16.44 Pearse to Drogheda. Lots of issues with no information 
    5-8.45pm entire IE website down. No one able to book for Friday etc. trains. Lots of annoyed customers....

18/08 17:20hrs Cork/Heuston delayed +25mins departing due to anti-social behaviour, Gardai called to assist. knock-on delays. 17:22hrs Dun Laoghaire/Howth cancelled due to mechanical fault. Inbound trains from Maynooth 30 mins delays.

19/08 09.20 Cork to Heuston 45min delay. Mechanical issurs. 11.20 Cork to Heuston cancelled, customers put on 12.20

20/08 18.50 Heuston to Tralee delayed 40 mins due to mechanical fault. Large number of complaints about lack of communication and crowd mgt issues in Heuston.

21/08 11:00hrs Heuston/Cork 50 mins late due to a mechanical issue, Mallow/Tralee connection delayed also. 12.20 Cork to Heuston 20 mins late.
    14:20 Cork/H'ston terminated in Charleville due to mechanical issue. It was already stuck there 40 mins. Customers put on 15:20 Cork/H'ston service which then ran 20 mins late. Delays through Killester 4-6pm due to a trespasser on the line, plus knock-on delays. 16.46 Pearse to Drogheda 10-15 mins delayed. Not sure why...

22/08 morning delays due to signalling issue through Bray. 
    9.20 Cork to Heuston 20min delayed
    13.20 Cork to Heuston 30-40min delayed plus 5 other trains around this delayed up to 20 mins 
    15.10 Heuston to Waterford 33 mins late Garda called. Issue with no information to passengers.
    Lightening strike at Malahide caused delays up to 15 mins to northbound and southbound Darts and suburban trains 5-6pm. Issues with no passenger announcements.
    7-8pm signal fault due to lightning, delays Dublin/Westport 60 mins, bus transfer btwn Athlone & Roscommon. Dublin/Galway delay 30 mins, Sligo/Dublin 35 mins and Maynooth to Dublin trains up to 20 min delays.

23/08 5.20am Westport to Dublin delayed 60 mins  due to signalling issue between Athlone /Roscommon, 13.10 Westport - Heuston  delay of 60 mins.  Lots of 5-10 min delays to Darts etc inbound around 8am due to congestion.
    16:15 hrs Howth/Bray terminating in Killiney due to mech issue, customers accommodated on alt. service, knock-on delays
    Maintenance issue on 15.00 Heuston to Cork service at Thurles. delay of 20 minutes.
    16.05 Belfast to Dublin 15-20 min delayed. No reason given. 

24/08 mechanical issue with 07:15 Howth to Bray cancelled. No replacement. Next service 30 mins later, significant over crowding. Lot of complaints about lack of info/ wrong App info to customers. 08.55 Bray - Connolly cancelled, again no information. 17:55 Pearse Drogheda departed Balbriggan 90mins late due to customer requiring medical assistance. 3 other northbound trains = 80, 60, 40 mins delays
    9-10pm lots of 10-15 min delays into Heuston reason unsure.

25/08
    9am operational issus at Grand Canal causing delays of -10 mins 
    10am-12pm Connolly delays 30mins due to points failure impacting numerous Darts and suburban trains
    12:35 Belfast to Dublin train 20 mins late  due to signalling Issues. And the return 15:20 Connolly to Belfast delayed 10-15 mins

28/08 A vehicle hit barberstown Level Crossing earlier so lots of delays on Maynooth line 4-6pm. Issue with no information to passengers stuck on trains. 
    Darts 5-7pm mechanical failure 30 min delays plus signal failure

29/08 numerous train delays towards Heuston 4-6pm 30 min delays technical issues and complaints about lack of information.

30 & 31st  7pm ish Dart to Greystones -mechanical fault on both of these services terminated at Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Whats your source for all this, Twitter? I was effected by a couple of these delays and heard the announcements. Just because 2 or 3 people make a complaint doesn't mean its proven to be fact. They most likely had earphones in or are not paying attention to announcements. Again some people have unrealistic expectations or just love nothing more than complaining and pulling out faults in others and to me it seems your blown most of this out of proportion.

Unless you were effected or travel on any of these services you shouldn't be adding your own view or comments requarding the outcome or service provided. Im sure given live updates about someone needing medical attention while still onboard could be a bit sensitive and possibly a breach of their privacy.

Unless you were effected or travel on any of these services you shouldn't be adding your own view or comments requarding the outcome or service provided
    OMG are you serious? None of these are my views. They are genuine customer experiences, happening most days. IE give a good average service 90% of the time. But when things go wrong, it's the basics that gets missed. Not my opinion, look at Twitter where people turn to. I genuinely believe there is a serious lack of announcements on trains during delays. Nothing to do with passenger headphones or broken pa systems. But just my thoughts....

• Advertisement

Rashers72 wrote: »
    OMG are you serious? None of these are my views. They are genuine customer experiences, happening most days. IE give a good average service 90% of the time. But when things go wrong, it's the basics that gets missed. Not my opinion, look at Twitter where people turn to. I genuinely believe there is a serious lack of announcements on trains during delays. Nothing to do with passenger headphones or broken pa systems. But just my thoughts....

Im not saying they are your views in the sense of the problem ect. but you do add comment or opinion on some of the issues you posted such as "very poor reaction". The way you word some of them makes it sound like 1000s were on twitter complaining.

Im not saying IE are world class in providing information but some of the issues posted effected me and I heard annoucements been made at the time so to say none were made without factual proof and not been there yourself is misleading.

Im not saying IE are world class in providing information but some of the issues posted effected me and I heard annoucements been made at the time so to say none were made without factual proof and not been there yourself is misleading.
    I get what you are saying, but on an 8 carriage service it is easy for a % of the IE speakers to be broken, so you might hear, but the others in other carriages are not hearing anything. I am not looking for world class announcements as I don't pay world class fares, but the basics.
    Note: I did try to include all delays, including bridge strikes, medical emergencies etc.which are not the fault of IE, to be completely impartial.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I get what you are saying, but on an 8 carriage service it is easy for a % of the IE speakers to be broken, so you might hear, but the others in other carriages are not hearing anything. I am not looking for world class announcements as I don't pay world class fares, but the basics.
    Note: I did try to include all delays, including bridge strikes, medical emergencies etc.which are not the fault of IE, to be completely impartial.

The thing is that if you have for example an 8 car DART train made up of 2 units of 4 cars each, one train can have perfect sound and PIS and the other it may not work at all and it will be oblivious to the staff or driver if it works fine on his unit.

This issue seems to be far more previlant on the Tokyu sets, especially when one of the 850x class is mixed with the 852x class. The 8100s tend to play far better with each other apart from one of them which appears to be on a different software version to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Is this not getting a bit obsessive?

Transport companies the world over will experience delays - preparing databases of them is going a bit OTT if you ask me?

And yes of course people should get explanations, but some people nowadays, particularly on twitter, want instant explanations of every delay or instant estimates of how long a repair is going to take, when frankly many times that's simply asking the impossible.

I've even seen someone with a twitter handle something like "my train is late" regularly tweeting Irish Rail, which frankly is really obsessively OTT about this. There are better ways of spending one's time.

Certainly on the Connolly side it will take a full timetable recast to deal with DART punctuality issues (which impact on everything else) and that won't happen until the current IR negotiations are concluded unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭cgcsb

This is a bit OTT I have to say. That being said, I do often wonder why IÉ can't stick exactly to it's timetable. I sometime have cause to get the 07:35 from Dublin to Tullamore. The timetable has it arriving at Tullamore at 08:29, however it arrives between 08:31 and 08:35 depending on the day, but NEVER on time at 08:29. If it is not possible to make this time why not be honest about that with the timetable?

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Is this not getting a bit obsessive? Transport companies the world over will experience delays - preparing databases of them is going a bit OTT if you ask me?
    Twice this year I listed a months worth of delays in one go. I don't call that obsessive. It also helps understand the genuine reasons for delays - is it all one line, is it capacity, is lack of maintenance on Europe's youngest rail fleet now causing issues?
    And yes of course people should get explanations, but some people nowadays, particularly on twitter, want instant explanations of every delay or instant estimates of how long a repair is going to take, when frankly many times that's simply asking the impossible.
    I would disagree. IMO people put up with delays everyday on IE in the 10-15 mins bracket without complaining. But when it goes above that, I think it's only fair the driver lets them know. The odd time a driver will actually say they actually don't know, which is perfectly fine in my opinion. At least they remember their passengers. I would agree that sometimes passengers look for estimates of repairs, some of which are impossible to know. But equally I think once it's explained they are generally ok.
    I've even seen someone with a twitter handle something like "my train is late" regularly tweeting Irish Rail, which frankly is really obsessively OTT about this. There are better ways of spending one's time.
    There are a lot of tweets @ peak time alright, but most seem genuine. If the customer was getting information they would not be needed. In my experience IE are way behind most European countries with on board information. The government invested in all the technology but it is unused. I think that CTC can make announcements directly onto trains when drivers won't, and can update onboard displays with information on trains. Not sure why they don't? But maybe I am wrong?
    Certainly on the Connolly side it will take a full timetable recast to deal with DART punctuality issues (which impact on everything else) and that won't happen until the current IR negotiations are concluded unfortunately.
    Agreed - there is another thread all about the issues around Connolly since PPT was introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Twice this year I listed a months worth of delays in one go. I don't call that obsessive. It also helps understand the genuine reasons for delays - is it all one line, is it capacity, is lack of maintenance on Europe's youngest rail fleet now causing issues?

I would disagree. IMO people put up with delays everyday on IE in the 10-15 mins bracket without complaining. But when it goes above that, I think it's only fair the driver lets them know. The odd time a driver will actually say they actually don't know, which is perfectly fine in my opinion. At least they remember their passengers. I would agree that sometimes passengers look for estimates of repairs, some of which are impossible to know. But equally I think once it's explained they are generally ok.

There are a lot of tweets @ peak time alright, but most seem genuine. If the customer was getting information they would not be needed. In my experience IE are way behind most European countries with on board information. The government invested in all the technology but it is unused. I think that CTC can make announcements directly onto trains when drivers won't, and can update onboard displays with information on trains. Not sure why they don't? But maybe I am wrong?

Agreed - there is another thread all about the issues around Connolly since PPT was introduced.

Well I think that I might just beg to differ - I'd cast my eye over the transport companies' twitter and facebook regularly enough, but going through every tweet and documenting every single delay on the entire railway is to my mind going a bit OTT. It's an occupational hazard of running a transport operation that delays will occur.

I didn't say that the driver shouldn't make an announcement, of course they should, but looking at twitter, in many cases people do expect instant answers when frankly that's asking how long is a piece of string.

The onboard displays cannot be updated remotely.

There are still upgrades to even start in the signalling systems, at Connolly and along the Maynooth line which don't help matters either.

And on a 8 carriage many would be using earphones, making phone calls, sleeping, talking, not paying attention or have bad hearing.

Well its hard to see it been partial when mixed in such negative feedback. Adding things like lightening strikes is just feeding more into the negative comparison.

Also delayed trains can make up time and arrive on time which you haven't provided any information on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'd say the OP did it as a matter of interest and not to slate IR, so calling it OTT and basically attacking what he did is very unfair imo.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'd say the OP did it as a matter of interest and not to slate IR, so calling it OTT and basically attacking what he did is very unfair imo.

Well IMO he is not providing a fair view and only provides details of complaints made on twitter without investigating the outcomes. Ive no issue with posting such details but the way its presented comes across as extremely harsh slating IE on every little detail providing its second hand information he is using.

Below is a sample of the Sept delays. This is not a full list of every delay, only the ones I experienced (I use Northern suburban line and DARTS), or reported publicly on Twitter. All are confirmed though.
    The common trend appears to be that when things go wrong, it seems to take a long time to react and resolve. To be fair some are understandable. Also communication to passengers remains the most complained about topic on the IE twitter (IMO).
    Finally, I try to cover all reasons for delays, including those not within the control of IE (in the interest of fairness)

30/09 – Merrion gates failed 2pm. Got stuck in down position. Significant impact to road traffic, but only 5-10 min delays to DARTS

29/09 17.30 Greystones to Howth DART delayed due to Garda operation, 16.30 Malahide to Greystones started from Clongriffin, 15.00 Greystones to Malahide delayed 20 mins

28/09/17 - 20 mins delays inbound to DARTS and Suburban trains 8-11am due to congestion

27/09 06.40am Belfast to Connolly 1 hour delayed mechanical failure. Delays 9-10am to Drogheda and DARTS southbound.
    Pre 9am up to 15 min delays to all DARTS, Drogheda and Maynooth trains due to weather
    09.30 Dublin to Belfast over 40 mins late departing Connolly
    12.35 Belfast to Connolly 2 hours late, mechanical issues on train, and change of train at Drogheda
    14.05 Belfast to Connolly 20 mins late level crossing issues
    16.05 Belfast to Connolly 25 mins late level crossing issues
    1pm Sligo to Connolly 20 mins late. Inbound Maynooth train also 15 mins late behind it
    Signal failures Donabate area – occurred during the afternoon, not reported, but caused 20 min delays from 4.30-8pm to all Northbound and southbound DARTS and suburban trains.

26/09
    Bridge strike 10am GCD truck hit bridge. All services suspended. 20 min delay, all cleared later in the morning. Customer tweeted photo of it 9.15am. IE advised actual issue 9.42am.
    Bridge strike 2.30pm-3pm Strand st bridge between Malahide and Donabate 20 min delays

25/09 – 07.10 Dundalk to Bray mech failure at Drogheda, then a 2nd time outside Clongriffin. Ran 35 mins late. Abandoned at Connolly. Also delayed train straight behind it, and DARTS. Backlog so significant, delays continued to 11am. In the middle of all this, customer required medical assistance on the delayed train due to overcrowding (2 train loads on passengers on 1 train). Customers claimed on Twitter 3 fainting’s! (not confirmed by IE). Lots of other trains also terminated early (i.e. Maynooth trains). Issues with announcements to passengers.
    1.20 Connolly to Belfast mech failure of loco 50 mins delay
    3pm issues on Cork – Dublin line due to signalling fault
    16.05 Belfast to Connolly 45 mins late, not sure of reason

21/09/17 Website and Call centre both out of order 11.45am – 12.15pm ish

20/09 8.18am Maynooth to Pearse 15 mins delayed passenger requiring medical attention. Issue with station announcements along route
    8.30am Howth to Greystones reduced capacity due to mechanical failure
    7am Greystones to Howth terminated at Booterstown due to mechanical failure
    17.25 Bray to Howth failed at Shankhill due to brake failure. Passengers offloaded to 17.40 DART, which ran approx. 25 mins late. Numerous other delays south of Pearse due to this issue. Lots of complaints about lack of platform announcements south of Pearse.
    17.35 Bray to Maynooth operated with 30 min delay due to previous DART failure. Driver PA system broken, automated announcements fine. (I was on it)
    All the passengers south of Pearse looking to connect with Drogheda trains from 17.25 to 18.30 missed the connections to 18.18 Pearse to Drogheda, and they missed the 18.40 Connolly to Drogheda by 2 mins- it pulled out of Connolly as the 17.35 arrived in on the DART platform. I was there. Literally a 100 passengers missed the connection, and then had to wait another 40mins till 19.20. In summary: If you wanted to get the 17.25 Bray, to Drogheda (with a connection) you should have arrived @ 19.20. Instead you arrived 20.16, just under 60 mins late.

19/09 Issues on Cork line with delays due to loadings going to and from Ploughing championships
    7pm Connolly to Belfast delayed at Portadown. Replacement train was sourced. Not sure of delay

18/09 8.30am mechanical failure of 8am Greystones to Malahide @ Shankhill. Delayed all northbound DARTs 10-15 mins
    7.38 Hazelhatch to GCD – reduced capacity, issues with overcrowding
    5.45am Sligo to Connolly 15 mins delay. Passenger stuck in toilet!

17/09 - 09.05am Waterford to Heuston 60 mins late & 09.10 Heuston to Waterford 30 mins late. Vehicle hit level crossing.

15/09 5pm 30 delays on Northern suburban line towards Dublin, due to bridge strike

14/09
    Issues with 9am Heuston to Cork 30 mins late, due to issue with earlier incoming Galway train @ Portarlington
    Issues with Maynooth trains running 30 mins late 8-10am. 8.04am Connolly to Maynooth 40 mins late due to technical issues. No announcements in Maynooth
    8.25am Tech issue near Limerick Junction Galway train 40 mins late
    5.55am Gorey to Connolly 15 mins late technical issue
    17.35 Heuston to Waterford failed at Kilkenny due to mechanical issue. Passengers got later train, which itself was 75 mins late.
    5pm ‘Congestion’ through Connolly delaying Darts and suburban trains

13/09
    6pm – minor low speed train derailment. All services through Dun Laoghaire suspended south of Lansdowne. Slowly returned over the evening as sections of the line made available. Lots of media coverage, and other posts on this forum. Issue with App not showing any delays.
    5.30pm Points failure @ Dun Laoghaire – 30 mins delays to all DARTs and suburban trains
    8.30am delays with Newbridge to GCD services – all under 10 mins late

12/09 15 mins delays to Bray to Drogheda 5pm train
    16.15 Howth to Bray failed @ Sutton. Passengers asked to get next train.
    11am Sligo to Connolly delayed 35 mins truck hit bridge. But was previously advised as 60 mins late?

11/09 Limerick to Galway 6pm 45 mins late, level crossing damage
    7pm Connolly to Belfast 40 mins late door failure
    8-10am 15 min delays to Darts due to signal fault @ Connolly
    05.50am Cork to Heuston 30 mins late Portlaoise due to ill passenger

10/09 - 6pm Heuston to Cork 50 mins late mechanical failure Hazelhatch

08/09 5.30pm 25 min delays to all DARTs and suburban trains due to bridge strike Amiens st
    7.30am Greystones to Malahide DART 25 mins late @ Blackrock due to ill passenger
    12.30 – Serpentine level crossing issue – 10-15 delays to all DARTs. Normal services resumed 1.40pm
    12.45 Heuston to Waterford 45 mins later, issue ‘onboard’?
    17.15 Connolly to Longford delayed due to mechanical failure

07/09 – 15.05 Galway to Heuston delayed @ Athlone due to anti-social behaviour. Awaiting gardai. 35 mins late departing
    5.20pm – 5.50pm GCD – train fault, completely blocked all northbound DARTS, Drogheda and Maynooth trains. 40 min delays. Lots of tweets about no information to delayed passengers stuck on other trains.

06/09 3pm Sligo to Connolly stopped at Kilcock due to ill passenger. Awaiting ambulance

05/09 4pm & 2-2.30pm IE website down, no timetables/bookings available
    16.25 Waterford to Limerick junction and 18.40 Limerick junction to Waterford bus transfers due to ‘operational issues’

04/09 7.20am Waterford to Limerick and 9.45am Limerick to Waterford bus transfers due to ‘operational issues’
    Bridge strike 7.40am GCD truck hit bridge. All services suspended. 15 min delay, all cleared later in the morning.
    15.30 Greystones to Malahide started at Bray due to mechanical failure. 30 delay for Greystones passengers

02/09 11.20 Cork to Heuston failed @ Mallow. Passengers put onto train 1 hour later

01/09 Vehicle hit bridge GCD 12.30 10-15 delay, small delays after
    5pm GCD – Hazelhatch service failed @ GCD, completely blocked all northbound DARTS, Drogheda and Maynooth trains. 15 mins. PPT passengers for 5pm had to go to Connolly to get 5.30pm service. PPT passengers for the 17.28 also had to go to Connolly, as did the 17.57 PPT service from GCD

Bad day yesterday on the Cork line....14.25 Cork to Heuston 30 mins late, and 16.25 Cork to Heuston 45 mins late, connecting Tralee to Mallow 1 hour late at Farrenfore.
    30 min delays after the Leinster match also. Zero announcements (I was stuck in Pearse). Impacted DARTS to Howth and Malahide, and suburban trains to Drogheda and Maynooth.
    10am Heuston to Cork Sunday (today), failed loco.

Another bad day today, but most of the reasons not IE's fault, and to be fair twitter replies greatly informed customers stuck on trains (without information). Here's as best as I can figure it out:
    1. 11.30am approx. tragic incident at Sallins. All services towards and from Heuston suspended. No replacement buses available so after 2 hours, at which point it started to receive a some negative feedback. But everyone understood the issue, but questioned the delayed/no response re alternative services.
    Services resumed 2pm. At 3pm all services delayed 60-120 mins en route. Example: 12.45 Heuston to Castlebar & 13.15 Heuston to Waterford both 2 hours behind schedule
    2. 13.00 Heuston to Cork (delayed due to the above) experienced mechanical issues at Hazelhatch, and was declared a failure at at 15.10. Passengers put onto the 2pm service
    15.25 Cork to Heuston 30 mins delayed
    3. 16.25 Cork to Heuston cancelled due to earlier mechanical issue (on the 1pm from Dublin I assume). Passengers put on the train 1 hour later.
    16.30 Update - all services in and out of Heuston >60 mins delayed.
    4. 16.35 Now trespass on the line at Kildare. All services via Kildare suspended.
    Due to a combination of the 11.30am incident at Sallins, the 15.10 train failure at Hazelhatch and the 4.30 trespass incident at Kildare, delays now @ up to 2 hours.
    5. 5.05pm Trespassers now cleared from Kildare.
    Open to correction on any of the above. Purely best efforts basis!

Advertisement