Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiefs v Lions match thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That's harsh on Stander, he stole that in the tackle I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

When did Payne play himself out of the test team? Have not been able to watch a massive amount of the tour but any time he has been playing the comments have been positive and yet at some point he was suddenly dirt tracker supreme. I feel like I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

That was a peach of a try. Super stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Lovely try

That was a nice try. Thought they'd blown their chance after messing up the break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's more like it.

Fabulous try. All from Tipuric opting not to take it into contact and release the ball...

crisco10 wrote: »
    Not sure that's fair. To be honest, I've always quite liked Laidlaw but now that he's on "my" team I find him very ponderous, which is fine a lot of the time but off multi-phase in their 22 it leads to easy defense.

He's been very slow on this tour, but today when we've had good ball he's been good, as well as giving some great passes to players attacking the line at first receiver. He has no chance of making the test team but this has been good from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's a tidy try. Very nice from Daly and Willams before Nowell finishes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Really good try there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Great team try

Happy for Nowell. The pick of our back 3.

A shame he started so poorly on this tour because this performance is good enough to have him in test team consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

How bout them Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bluedex

How come theres been practically no pens for NZ sides going in at the side of rucks or clearing out with neck rolls.

Lovely try BTW

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

More like a case of people deciding how good his performance is going to be before they watch it. Just one of those players that people dislike. (Based mostly I'd imagine on some really terrible form from him)

Maybe I just pick it up more, I've lived in Edinburgh for almost 10 years, I've seen a lot of games involving him. You really notice the difference with Murray, Webb and a Davies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Nowell's a lovely finisher in situations like that. Super flat pass from Henderson before it though.

Daly in the test 23 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Turning on the style now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Another cracker

Chiefs look knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Another nice try, all Williams there tbf.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Maybe I just pick it up more, I've lived in Edinburgh for almost 10 years, I've seen a lot of games involving him. You really notice the difference with Murray, Webb and a Davies.

Well he's been gone from Edinburgh quite a while at this stage...

That's an even better try. Liam Williams comes to life. Looks like Daly is in the 23 given he was taken off but that's a real impact moment.

Payne bags the try. Good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Payne scoring at home?

Buer wrote: »
    That's an even better try. Liam Williams comes to life. Looks like Daly is in the 23 given he was taken off but that's a real impact moment.

Payne bags the try. Good for him.

I'll be shocked if Daly is in the 23. Absolutely shocked, he's been one of the poorer back 3 players on tour which is saying a lot, and today has been probably his worst performance, albeit before that lovely break.

Payne deserves that try, he's been class. I also like Williams, a bit of an eejit at times but he's a silky carrier. Lots of contenders in the backs.

Nice to see what a bit of awareness and distribution can do for the scoreline.

Payne showing that he can do everything he can do at 15 and a whole lot more from midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Nice to see what a bit of awareness and distribution can do for the scoreline.

Payne showing that he can do everything he can do at 15 and a whole lot more from midfield.

He's been getting better and better each game. Looked very short of match fitness in his 1st match

I'll be shocked if Daly is in the 23. Absolutely shocked, he's been one of the poorer back 3 players on tour which is saying a lot, and today has been probably his worst performance, albeit before that lovely break.

I don't think he's deserving. I think LW is by far the best back 3 player out of the remaining players with Nowell up there (but he has had a poor tour before today). But Daly coming off with 20 minutes to go suggests he's the one who Gatland is sticking with.

I'd strongly consider Payne too though. He'd probably be my first choice for the 23 jersey.

A name like Aidan Ross. I assume, based on no other evidence or research, that he's another Northern Hemisphere lad poached. The kiwis have no shame. Have you no players of your own?!

• Advertisement

Watson is first choice winger on form, and halfpenny will play 15 because he's reliable and a great kicker. The other wing spot should be wide open, but North will take it. Personally I like Liam Williams.

Advertisement