Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chiefs v Lions match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Great team try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Happy for Nowell. The pick of our back 3.

A shame he started so poorly on this tour because this performance is good enough to have him in test team consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

How bout them Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bluedex

How come theres been practically no pens for NZ sides going in at the side of rucks or clearing out with neck rolls.

Lovely try BTW

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

More like a case of people deciding how good his performance is going to be before they watch it. Just one of those players that people dislike. (Based mostly I'd imagine on some really terrible form from him)

Maybe I just pick it up more, I've lived in Edinburgh for almost 10 years, I've seen a lot of games involving him. You really notice the difference with Murray, Webb and a Davies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Nowell's a lovely finisher in situations like that. Super flat pass from Henderson before it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Daly in the test 23 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Turning on the style now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Another cracker

Chiefs look knackered

Another nice try, all Williams there tbf.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Maybe I just pick it up more, I've lived in Edinburgh for almost 10 years, I've seen a lot of games involving him. You really notice the difference with Murray, Webb and a Davies.

Well he's been gone from Edinburgh quite a while at this stage...

That's an even better try. Liam Williams comes to life. Looks like Daly is in the 23 given he was taken off but that's a real impact moment.

Payne bags the try. Good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Payne scoring at home?

Buer wrote: »
    That's an even better try. Liam Williams comes to life. Looks like Daly is in the 23 given he was taken off but that's a real impact moment.

Payne bags the try. Good for him.

I'll be shocked if Daly is in the 23. Absolutely shocked, he's been one of the poorer back 3 players on tour which is saying a lot, and today has been probably his worst performance, albeit before that lovely break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Payne deserves that try, he's been class. I also like Williams, a bit of an eejit at times but he's a silky carrier. Lots of contenders in the backs.

Nice to see what a bit of awareness and distribution can do for the scoreline.

Payne showing that he can do everything he can do at 15 and a whole lot more from midfield.

Nice to see what a bit of awareness and distribution can do for the scoreline.

Payne showing that he can do everything he can do at 15 and a whole lot more from midfield.

He's been getting better and better each game. Looked very short of match fitness in his 1st match

I'll be shocked if Daly is in the 23. Absolutely shocked, he's been one of the poorer back 3 players on tour which is saying a lot, and today has been probably his worst performance, albeit before that lovely break.

I don't think he's deserving. I think LW is by far the best back 3 player out of the remaining players with Nowell up there (but he has had a poor tour before today). But Daly coming off with 20 minutes to go suggests he's the one who Gatland is sticking with.

I'd strongly consider Payne too though. He'd probably be my first choice for the 23 jersey.

A name like Aidan Ross. I assume, based on no other evidence or research, that he's another Northern Hemisphere lad poached. The kiwis have no shame. Have you no players of your own?!

• Advertisement

Watson is first choice winger on form, and halfpenny will play 15 because he's reliable and a great kicker. The other wing spot should be wide open, but North will take it. Personally I like Liam Williams.

Synode wrote: »
    He's been getting better and better each game. Looked very short of match fitness in his 1st match

Easily the best 13 performance of the tour. Having him at 13 gives that second distributor also, allowing Gatland to start T'eo alongside Sexton.

Payne has played us way into contention, great today. If we didn't want to play crash ball he'd be a good option in centre with Te'o. Davies will play though. Henshaw has been meh again.

I don't think he's deserving. I think LW is by far the best back 3 player out of the remaining players with Nowell up there (but he has had a poor tour before today). But Daly coming off with 20 minutes to go suggests he's the one who Gatland is sticking with.

I'd strongly consider Payne too though. He'd probably be my first choice for the 23 jersey.

Could also be Tommy Seymour I guess. Would be a strange choice either way.

69 minutes and no sign of AWJ reappearing. I guess that's him nailed on now (which we were 95% sure of already).

Watson is first choice winger on form, and halfpenny will play 15 because he's reliable and a great kicker. The other wing spot should be wide open, but North will take it. Personally I like Liam Williams.

I like Williams but he's liable to do stupid things and get carded which could cost us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The scrum is a formality

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Messam going to lose twice to the Lions in 4 days

Easily the best 13 performance of the tour. Having him at 13 gives that second distributor also, allowing Gatland to start T'eo alongside Sexton.

Context. Chiefs are poxy and, even if they were decent, Davies was excellent on Saturday against a good Maori team.

Well he's been gone from Edinburgh quite a while at this stage...

Still there for Scotland games, the Edinburgh fans were actually happy enough with Hidalgo-Clyne before he fell off a cliff.

Gloucester moved him on quite quickly too.

He's the type of scrum half who could go well in France though.

That was butchery.

Sideways sideways sideways sideways sideways sideways followed by the worst pass you'll see.

• Advertisement

That was awful.

Could also be Tommy Seymour I guess. Would be a strange choice either way.

Not now, it won't be!

Seymour.... struggles to get on then butchers that,

Synode wrote: »
    I like Williams but he's liable to do stupid things and get carded which could cost us

Yeah that's a fair point.

He set up another great break, only for Seymour to butcher it.

Context. Chiefs are poxy and, even if they were decent, Davies was excellent on Saturday against a good Maori team.

Maori were poor, were well beaten by an average Munster side mid season.

Ah Seymour. This is why Yanks shouldn't be on the tour!

75 minutes in and Best puts in a hit like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Seymour.... struggles to get on then butchers that,

Earls is sitting in a Hello Kitty themed cafe in Tokyo holding his head in his hands watching Seymour

razorblunt wrote: »
    Still there for Scotland games, the Edinburgh fans were actually happy enough with Hidalgo-Clyne before he fell off a cliff.

Gloucester moved him on quite quickly too.

He's the type of scrum half who could go well in France though.

Haha, Gloucester "moved him on" to Clermont.

I watch him for Scotland and Gloucester. I'm well aware of what he brings. Its not a coincidence the guys keeps getting good gigs.

Payne is a very underrated player, big fan. Hope he's not hurt going off there.

• Advertisement

Haha, Gloucester "moved him on" to Clermont.

I watch him for Scotland and Gloucester. I'm well aware of what he brings. Its not a coincidence the guys keeps getting good gigs.

Ah Clermont! You're right.
    Ok so now you know what he brings, right it down on the back of a postage stamp so the rest of the lads here can see! ;):D

Maori were poor, were well beaten by an average Munster side mid season.

Completely different line up and a very talented back line that Davies was excellent against.

Ref getting into the mix there, don't see that too often.

Win the ball back after some great defending......... then kick it away ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

They do not like it up em do they :D

Dan Cole finally wins a turnover, he's been trying all day :D

All things considered that's exactly what was needed before Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

Think Henderson really deserves that bench spot, can't see Gatland picking him though. Him and Lawes have been better than Jones.

The squad will take that. Nice scoreline leading into the real game.

3-0 win for the Lions is an absolute certainty at this stage after that win, obviously.

• Advertisement

Win the ball back after some great defending......... then kick it away ffs

It's not the Barbarians. They've a 3 test match series starting in 4 days in which some of these guys might have to play. Job done, get off the field.

Advertisement