Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K18 Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sounds positive so overall lads?

I'll hold off for 2K19 thought :D

2K have already indicated that they will be going down the Battlefront 2 route for pretty much all future games. There's even loot boxes in this.

I'll be boycotting them of that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What does that mean? minor iterations?

What's the loot box thing?

What does that mean? minor iterations?

What's the loot box thing?
    Loot boxes are basically locked items that you either pay extra to access or get via gameplay (and a lot of it)

What you usually get is random, and this is seen as a form of gambling by some.

Imagine CAW next year if all the good stuff is locked behind a pay wall for instance

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It annoys me that I have to pay virtual money to unlock half the roster. Used to enjoy completing challenges through gameplay, completing various challenges etc!

Working it out as an average though, a week of shows - RAW, Smackdown, NXT (5 star matches) and promos on Universe Mode would give you about enough for one character I think (the ones priced at 3000 obviously).

Still haven't decided who to spend the first 30 grand I got to start on. Have the 50000 bonus but not sure if I want to spend that on MyCareer yet or just get characters for my Universe Mode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Loot boxes are basically locked items that you either pay extra to access or get via gameplay (and a lot of it)

What you usually get is random, and this is seen as a form of gambling by some.

Imagine CAW next year if all the good stuff is locked behind a pay wall for instance

I get ya. That is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Got this in Smyths at weekend as it was reduced. Feels better than last years game so far in game play.

The my career is certainly a move in the right direction. Reminds me of other games like Fifa where it takes time to get you player to a higher level. Even basic things like low number of reversals for your my player until you increase their attributes makes each bout a bigger challenge.

It is a decent mix between the old open world they had years ago and the more structured road to wrestlemania storylines.

Have not tried Universe mode yet.

I quit myCareer mode, solely because of having to go to the parking lot and ask to get your car to end the show. Every. Single. Time. Such a painus in the anus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Loot box concept makes it trickier for you character to be a babyface since you have to change your attire or move set every now and again to earn more babyface points to unlock babyface levels in career mode.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I quit myCareer mode, solely because of having to go to the parking lot and ask to get your car to end the show. Every. Single. Time. Such a painus in the anus

Yeah, that was annoying, less annoying when I discovered the sprint button works to get that task done quicker.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2017/12/09/wwe-2k18-for-switch-review?read

Just in case anyone was thinking of getting it for the Switch. A 3.8/10 from IGN.

I was saying in a switch thread on here that I'd love the switch to get exclusive WWE games purposely built for the system like the way the N64 had WM 2000/No Mercy and PS had Smackdown.

• Advertisement

On sale at the moment on XBL for E24 (deluxe is E29) I'd probably only play it for career mode but it sounds a bit ****. Can anyone convince me to buy it? :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

On sale at the moment on XBL for E24 (deluxe is E29) I'd probably only play it for career mode but it sounds a bit ****. Can anyone convince me to buy it? :D

Nope. I can only convivnce you not to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah it’s pure ****. I bought it on WrestleMania weekend and almost instantly regretted it.

I think I'll pick up something else :D

Cheers lads.

Advertisement