Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K18 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DLC for 2k18 announced yesterday.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/09/26/wwe-2k18-news-all-dlc-characters-revealed/

Is anyone planning on getting this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Loughc wrote: »
    DLC for 2k18 announced yesterday.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/09/26/wwe-2k18-news-all-dlc-characters-revealed/

Is anyone planning on getting this game?

Definately gona get the game but aside from an obvious few that's the worst DLC lineup ever

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you get it can you check one thing for me. It annoys me continuously about the WWE Games. In universe mode do they make you do the same matches every week in a rivalry.

Why they can’t switch it up it makes no sense. Universe mode is my favourite part of those poxy game and they never improve on the bloody mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

If you get it can you check one thing for me. It annoys me continuously about the WWE Games. In universe mode do they make you do the same matches every week in a rivalry.

Why they can’t switch it up it makes no sense. Universe mode is my favourite part of those poxy game and they never improve on the bloody mode.

They've yet to release any info on Universe mode... which either means they've changed feck all... or there's gona be another big reveal of upgrades. I reckon they've given it an overhaul if the Create a Wrestler mode is anything to go by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

A major overhaul of universe/career mode is the only thing that will make me buy this.

With 2k17 I basically gave up on all modes after about 2 weeks and just had fun with the roster and making tournaments on the fly.

If 2k18 has nothing new to offer I'll stick with 2k17 if I get the itch again.

• Advertisement

From the 2k site itself
    Active Rivalries are the results of all the build-up, making the rivalry official and starting off many weeks of heated competition between the rivals. Superstars will fight to build momentum and have the advantage leading up to their big matches at the next PPV.

That answers my question ffs. I don’t want to fight the same guy in the same match for 4 weeks. Sure do run ins, tag matches and promos. But I’m sick to death of the same old same old.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That answers my question ffs. I don’t want to fight the same guy in the same match for 4 weeks. Sure do run ins, tag matches and promos. But I’m sick to death of the same old same old.

:mad::mad::mad: I have it pre ordered. Didn't buy 2k17 last year, first time in about 10 years not buying the newest release and this was why. Feuds are so tiresome when you have to schedule the guys involved against each other every flipping week to have a feud.

Might cancel it now as South Park out the same day so was planning to pick that up as well. It'll save me a few quid I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Necrominus wrote: »
    Feuds are so tiresome when you have to schedule the guys involved against each other every flipping week to have a feud.
    It's realistic, at least...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Virtanen wrote:
    It's realistic, at least...

True story unfortunately

Necrominus wrote: »
    True story unfortunately

Yea my advice avoid 2k18. There’s a video of universe mode on YouTube showing 30mins of gameplay and its aside from fancier menus exactly the same as last years. It’s so annoying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

They've fairly bumped up the price too. €99.99 for the Digital Deluxe version on the PSN - **** that!

It's $79.99 on the US store.

I bit the bullet and bought it. It's downloading off the US Psn as we speak. 52gb file.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and bought it. It's downloading off the US Psn as we speak. 52gb file.

Let us know what you think. Especially universe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Honestly tempted myself to get it too given the fact I skipped last year (hadn't missed one since I started gaming in '99) but I just don't see enough improvements made in the two years since 2K16, which I didn't particularly enjoy.

The withdrawal is the only thing tempting me at this stage but I'd say there's a 90% chance of buyer's remorse not long after. Standard version is out next Tuesday right? As Loughc said, a little review would be great gerry when you've had some time to get stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have played it for the past hour or so, I am trying to get hang of reversal system in the game.

I have played it for the past hour or so, I am trying to get hang of reversal system in the game.

Ya same here! It's got different types timing or something. Same with jumping out of the ring on top of an opponent. I'm not sure how the carry system works. I did get a silver trophy by accident for performing all 4 carry positions in 1 match though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I skipped last years game, but I really see vast improvement in gameplay mechanics especialy in a MITB match. A MITB match really does flow like a real one compared to years ago when it was impossible to grab the briefcase and how everyone got up after a few secs.

I really love the attention to detail when it comes to creation suite for CAWs. It is where this series shines the most ever since 2K taked over fron THQ.

I have only played a couple of weeks of MyPlayer, I think it is alright so far since it has a few more options to progress your character rather than just having matches every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah I cancelled this on Sunday. Just as well as I had an unexpected expense and really wanted South Park. Will probably pick this up around Christmas time if it's going cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cheapest brick and mortar lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

First time I have pre-ordered. Will probably get it when it goes down in price. The dlc offering is atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

max life wrote: »
    First time I have pre-ordered. Will probably get it when it goes down in price. The dlc offering is atrocious

Deluxe edition is 75 euro in Argos until the 28th. Might be with it so you don’t have to buy the hardyz or midnight express

I like this game, universe is much better. Needs a proper story mode though like no mercy or HCTP but visually is excellent and the creation options are brilliant.

max life wrote: »

Deluxe edition is 75 euro in Argos until the 28th. Might be with it so you don’t have to buy the hardyz or midnight express

Finally bit the bullet and picked this up in the sale today for 42 quid. Currently downloading and I can play with about 8 guys.

First match I pick Lesnar going up against the Big Dog, hit 3 F5s and have his health to nothing, he kicks out. Counters a move, hits me with the Superman punch, then the spear.

1-2-3

Even in game terms Roman is overpowered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

You just laid out their Wrestlemania match.

I do like the 'break out' feature post match (haven't seen entrances yet). Beat Neville in quick fashion with AJ then broke out and hit another Styles Clash on the floor just because.

That'll teach him to have his own opinion!

I'm quite liking the game. My carrier is shyte but universe mode is pretty good.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm quite liking the game. My carrier is shyte but universe mode is pretty good.

Yeah, played a bit of universe mode last night. It feels like a proper production although there are way too many slots for promos, and the options are limited enough. Hopefully they'll expand on that in later versions and I dunno... include voice acting? Three rivalry slots again isn't enough, should be at least 5. But it's a huge improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Sounds positive so overall lads?

I'll hold off for 2K19 though :D

Advertisement