Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K18 Thread

Options
  • 20-06-2017 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

DCsNbBeWAAMo2LZ.jpg

Seth Rollins was confirmed as cover star this past Monday for the upcoming WWE 2K18. Little is known about the game yet, other than it's release date. It has been confirmed that it will not be released for PS3 / Xbox 360 this time around.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/876904384709316608

The game launches October 17th. But if you preorder certain versions, you get 4 days early access.

WWE-2k18-pre-order.jpg

The tagline this year is "Be Like No One". Here's the hype video

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Moving away from 360 and PS3 is a big step. Having more than 6 wrestlers in the ring at once is the next big improvement needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The rumour mill has been working away anyhow.

Universe Mode (apparently) will be like the GM Mode of old. It'll be called "Universe Mode: Brand Split", you choose Raw or Smackdown, choose your commissioners & GMs, sign talent, budget for PPVs etc.

Wouldn't it be cool if you had a mode where you create your own unique shows, and the top shows online broadcast their weekly shows / PPVs for other gamers to watch? It could re-create the Monday Night Wars digitally, with the top rated shows battling for viewers. Hell, it could even give the top brass WWE execs ideas to use in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

For me they need to change the gameplay, its just not fun, all the good moves or holy **** moments are cut scenes. I adored day of reckoning gameplay.

Loading times are ridiculous to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

2k17 was shyte.. So I wouldn't expect much from this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It could be worth it since they aren't releasing this on past gen this year.

I skipped last year to hopefully enjoy this years game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Kurt Angle confirmed as pre order bonus by himself and then 2k on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

As noted, Kurt Angle will be the pre-order bonus character in WWE 2K18, and 2K Sports has issued the following:

2K today announced that decorated Olympian, WWE Hall of Famer and current Raw General Manager, Kurt Angle, will return to WWE in-ring action for the first time in more than a decade – virtually – through WWE 2K18, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise.

Best known for his remarkable in-ring accomplishments spanning nearly two decades, as well as his gold medal win in freestyle wrestling at the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, Angle will appear in WWE 2K18 through two playable characters representing key milestones in his career: his WWE “American Hero” persona, as well as his ECW® “Wrestling Machine” persona. The playable characters will be available as bonus content for those who pre-order the game at participating retailers. For more information on all pre-order options, please visit wwe.2k.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Would really love if they made a great game but its been so long since they have

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Still playing 2K17, just got the season pass when it was on sale. I will get 2k18 but prob next year due to time and money. I hope this thread can't stay off the boring "It's crap, same game every year blah blah" we get every time. With people banging on about No Mercy being the best etc. If you don't like don't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

WWE 2k17 is class in multiplayer thats where it shines , they could do a little more with Single player alright that's all i want

• Advertisement

If gm mode comes in I be glad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Still playing 2K17, just got the season pass when it was on sale. I will get 2k18 but prob next year due to time and money. I hope this thread can't stay off the boring "It's crap, same game every year blah blah" we get every time. With people banging on about No Mercy being the best etc. If you don't like don't play it.

Its an opinion and a valid one at that, as someone who grew up anticipating the game every year, went and bought all the different consoles so I could buy the gamecube releases, xbox releases and ps2 releases , it has been completely underwhelming each and every year for a long time.

And its frustrating as it clearly has potential, with the sheer amount of history in wrestling and customization options. Ive stopped buying and playing it after 2k16, for the first time since warzone, I was as loyal as a fan could be. I genuinely hope they pull it out of the bag some year but I dont see them changing anytime soon.

Of course, it's valid. It's just annoying that this thread gets hijacked by No Mercy Forever lot. I would argue how many people really played that game? or is just one of these I saw what culture say it was great so it must be lot.

It's cool you been playing forever and fell out of love with it. It's fun on multiplayer and online. For me an Old ROH/Indie head it's kinda great doing ROH 2008 matches. But understand it's not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Here Comes The Pain was the best wrestling game and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Here Comes The Pain was the best wrestling game and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise

Smell of bengi off that game compaired to No mecry on the N64.

Sorry im just argueing with you all over the place today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Smell of bengi off that game compaired to No mecry on the N64.

Sorry im just argueing with you all over the place today :)

Never had a N64 so wouldn't know much about it, but as I said I'll fight any man who disagrees so my gaff after school :pac:

Never had a N64 so wouldn't know much about it, but as I said I'll fight any man who disagrees so my gaff after school :pac:

Ill kick your ass......at nintendo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Of course, it's valid. It's just annoying that this thread gets hijacked by No Mercy Forever lot. I would argue how many people really played that game? or is just one of these I saw what culture say it was great so it must be lot.

It's cool you been playing forever and fell out of love with it. It's fun on multiplayer and online. For me an Old ROH/Indie head it's kinda great doing ROH 2008 matches. But understand it's not for everyone.

2K16 and 17 will be remembered by me as the ones with the HORRIFFIC submission controls. If they are still in they can keep their garbage game.

I always preffered WCW/NWO Revenge if I'm honest , then again its probably because I only ever had a loan of No Mercy for a couple of weeks I played the WCW one to death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

No Mercy had one flaw.

Your saves magically disappeared and you had to start from scratch again and again!

• Advertisement

No Mercy had one flaw.

Your saves magically disappeared and you had to start from scratch again and again!

Never happened to me thank god..

I loved Wrestlemania 2000 and WCW/NWO revenge (the reason I picked up an N64)

I picked up a gamecube, solely to play the Day of Reckoning games. I love HCTP, have it installed on my PC at the minute. There's a PS2 emulator that upscales the graphics, and it looks amazing.

Have to say, I am really enjoying WWE 2k17. I always bout these games launch day (or pre-ordered even), but for 2K17, I decided I wasn't gonna buy it at all. But I read a lot of great reports online about it from people playing it, and when i seen it in Smyths for €25, decided to bite. Glad I did, it's a huge improvement over 2k16

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I picked up a gamecube, solely to play the Day of Reckoning games. I love HCTP, have it installed on my PC at the minute. There's a PS2 emulator that upscales the graphics, and it looks amazing.

Have to say, I am really enjoying WWE 2k17. I always bout these games launch day (or pre-ordered even), but for 2K17, I decided I wasn't gonna buy it at all. But I read a lot of great reports online about it from people playing it, and when i seen it in Smyths for €25, decided to bite. Glad I did, it's a huge improvement over 2k16

What do you enjoy about it in particular, is there any mode in particular that's much better this year? I did the same thing as yourself and vowed not to buy it this time (first game I've missed since Shut Your Mouth) but I'm having slight withdrawal symptoms now.

martyos121 wrote: »
    What do you enjoy about it in particular, is there any mode in particular that's much better this year? I did the same thing as yourself and vowed not to buy it this time (first game I've missed since Shut Your Mouth) but I'm having slight withdrawal symptoms now.

The in ring action itself has improved a good bit. There are loads of small touches that make it good too, like being able to break out after matches now, having the star rating for all matches etc. I haven't even fought in the crowd yet, but i know its possible. That being said, submissions are still crap, and reversals are hit and miss. But i have had some truly epic matches against the likes of Joey Samoay and Finn Balor. Rivalries are done much better this time around, and when you can throw in the option of having promos and run ins, into the mix, it makes for a much better experience

Oh, and multi man matches have a roll out feature now, where if you take enough damage, you roll out of the ring to recover (or the cpu character does). More realistic, and not as frustrating trying to win a ladder match, for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sounds like they made a fair bit of progress, not sure if it's enough to make me buy it at this stage but if it comes down to around €20 at some stage (and it probably will) then I'll give it a shot.

If they announce GM Mode for 2K18 in the meantime, I'll definitely just hold out for that. Went back to it on SVR 2008 a few months ago and it actually was as good as I remembered it, not just nostalgia. They should be able to do loads with this on current gen consoles.

So apparently, 8 man matches will be possible in the new game.

Survivor series matches should be fun!

So, a ton of news has broken today. From devs no less!
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wwe-2k18-devs-detail-revamped-story-upgraded-visua/1100-6451358/

**Release Date: October 17, 2017**

##**Gameplay**

**In-Game**

* The max number of wrestlers in a ring has been increased to 8

* There is a new system called "fighting styles"

* *"Each wrestler in the roster is set up with a particular archetype, like high-flyer or giant, which reflects their physique, moveset, and physical prowess in the ring."*

* The core grappling and submission systems have been reworked. A new carrying system has been introduced, alongside an overhauled dragging system. There is also something called "Position Feeding", which allows players to launch a move from a groggy or ground position"

* Michael Cole, Byron Saxton, and Corey Graves are the game's lead commentators

* JoJo is the new announcer

**Features**

* Create A Match has returned! Interactive items and win conditions can be set with it.

**Match Types**

* Mixed-gender match types have returned

* The Backstage Brawl will be triple the size of the original, with more interactive objects, and new locations such as a parking garage.

* The Elimination Chamber has been revamped, with new interactions and animations

##**Game Modes**

**MyCareer**

* This year, MyCareer "will feature a more serious story," and "will be more concise and narrative-driven than its predecessor."

* *"The main reason for this different approach to the story is the inclusion of the brand new Road To Glory mode, one of the new forms of online content for the My Career campaign. While the developers were tight-lipped on mentioning just what this offers, they stated that My Career's story is the lead up to Glory mode, which is the end-game of sorts for My Career."*

* You can roam freely backstage as some form of "hub"

**Universe Mode**

* An expanded story system has been introduced.

**Online**

* Backstage Brawls have been added to the online match type list

##**Creation Hub**

* Introduction of Create-A-Match

* Improved Create-A-Video system

##**Misc.**

* The graphics engine has been updated, with improved lighting and rendering. This is due to the game not being ported to last-gen systems, which frees up their man-hours.

**Pre-Order Info**

* Kurt Angle will be the pre-order bonus wrestler for the game

Sad no GM mode. I agree submissions were awful. Glad there fixing it. Have to assume maybe Austin Aries is out now? Hope he slips through. One of my fav.

• Advertisement

First screenshots have been released. Not hugely impressive

08e24fe9dbcf0aa2ab32058034c1de79.jpg

GBfHgMA.jpeg

Advertisement