Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large bags and rucksacks banned from Croke Park

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,568 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No idea. I bring a regular bottle of water in with me....and I keep a spare cap tucked discreetly in my back pocket, in case the steward make me take the cap off before I go in. I always buy the same brand, so I always have a few empties lying around the car or house. I stash a few spares away, a day or so before game.

#BePrepared :D
    Has anyone ever been killed or maimed by a bottle cap? Couldn't find anything on Google. Mad stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Has anyone ever been killed or maimed by a bottle cap? Couldn't find anything on Google. Mad stuff altogether.

I can imagine the logic is a bottle wouldnt lose its solidness with a lid on where as it would with it off

We can test it out if you want i'll throw two bottles at you one with the lid and one without

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

Well how did it all go? Was the hysteria worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The caps are not removed from the bottles because the caps are dangerous on their own. They are removed as its not uncommon for full bottles of water, beer or urine (yep, it's true) to be hurled about the place like missiles.

If you were sitting in the Lr Hogan and one of those landed on your head, thrown from the Upper Hogan, you'd know all about it. If the cap is removed from the bottle, the water will fall out as it falls and it will be less heavy and dangerous when it reaches its intended target. (Like the ref, if you are a pissed off Kerry man after last years AI semi final. :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

How did it all go yesterday with the new rules ? What exactly did they enforce ?

Havnt heard anyone kicking up stink as of yet,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Interesting that Go Pros have started appearing on those banned lists. Quite what somebody can do with a Go Pro (bar me being cynical and thinking it's so any "incidents" with staff don't go online) I do not know.

P_1 wrote: »
    Interesting that Go Pros have started appearing on those banned lists. Quite what somebody can do with a Go Pro (bar me being cynical and thinking it's so any "incidents" with staff don't go online) I do not know.

Suspect it's more for copyright protection than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

Myself and my young son go to Croker all the time and I've always brought a backpack for jackets, food etc. Yesterday I didn't take the backpack. We wore sweatshirts around our waists and bought some sweets and water etc and carried them in our hands and trouser pockets. Had we been part of the sandwich (Sangwidge) brigade, I reckon we could've carried one of those in our hands too!! We survived the ordeal. In truth, its a little more awkward, particularly if you've kids with you, but you just adapt and get on with it. You don't need to bring much. It's a match you're going to not a weeks camping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Quite what somebody can do with a Go Pro I do not know.

Look like a tit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

howiya wrote: »
    Suspect it's more for copyright protection than anything else

Would you not also ban camera phones for the same reason though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

andrew1977 wrote: »
    How did it all go yesterday with the new rules ? What exactly did they enforce ?

Havnt heard anyone kicking up stink as of yet,

The rectal examination was somewhat painful, but curiously enjoyable ....

Would you not also ban camera phones for the same reason though?

That'd be totally unenforceable. People have multiple uses for their smart phone. What else would they be using a Go Pro for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

Ah Jesus - I had to buy a bottle of water on the hill on sunday - was told that the cap would have to be removed - I politely inquired why - answer: so that if thrown, that with the cap off, it would give the contents the ability to leave the bottle before making impact.

I'm going to sell all my detonator caps and buy plastic ones for the black market instead!

Advertisement