Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

jay0109 wrote: »
    But what would you cook in them other than chips/sausages/nuggets? I'm just thinking back to my youth and thats all we used the deep fat fryer for.

What size/particular model would you recommend for a family (2+4)?

You've all gotten me hooked now :p

Steak, Chops, chicken fillets/breasts ..... actually anything you can cook in oven or deep fat fryer. Got ours last xmas and it's easily the most used device in the kitchen now ( ok - maybe the kettle wins ). Only consideration is the size required - so watch your model choice.
    Steak = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xh7L8Wn6K0

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, the smaller model is the only one in my area. Am hoping it's probably enough for now for 2 people.. if I really start using it more and more, I'll sell it on and get a larger model.

That's what I was thinking too Basq. Spend a few bob on a small one to see what all the fuss is about. If I love it I'll upgrade to one of the pricey Philips jobs. If not then it's only €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Fire Tabs for €36.99 seem to be selling like wildfire in my local Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Basq wrote: »

glad i checked in with you. just held one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just picked up the smaller air fryer. Went to the collection thought the box was a bit big. Opened it up and there was two fryers in it. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Basq wrote: »

Its the same this time every year. They sell them off in the north for £30 handy little tablets for the kids but the OS is all kinds of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

CFC007 wrote: »
    Just picked up the smaller air fryer. Went to the collection thought the box was a bit big. Opened it up and there was two fryers in it. Happy days!

They obviously gave you the outer box which was meant to be opened in Argos and then sold individually.

Could you return the item to the store at your next convenience. This is theft and will be reported to the CIA & the FBI for a full investigation. Your IP address has been noted and is being monitored.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Air fryers all gone in my local ones, long shot but dont suppose anyone has a reserve code their not using for Portlaoise or Naas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 m1989

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Capacity on the Phillips is 0.8 versus 2.2 on the tower, Phillips version must be tiny.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Philips do the compact ones alright!
    Here's a link to the one that I got yesterday! :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7594265.htm

Think these are £59 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

m1989 wrote: »
    Think these are £59 on Amazon.

It was £79 on Tuesday, when I went to Argos :(
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Capacity on the Phillips is 0.8 versus 2.2 on the tower, Phillips version must be tiny.

One is weight, the other is volume!
    I'm not clever enough to know the comparison :)
    Philips one is 800 grams, vs 2.2 litres in the Tower one.

I think it's comparable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7345823.htm

Opinions on this laptop? Would only be used for web browsing and word/excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do Philips do a compact one like the Tower version? I'd like a smaller one as we have a small kitchen but I'd prefer the Philips brand over Tower.

tower Size H26.5, W24, D18.5cm

philips 31.5 x 28.7 x 38.4 cm

so the tower is quite small. The philips standard capacity is already too small for my liking. This is the tower model for 30 in argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1257606

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

Funny how these tower air fryers are out of stock everywhere in Ireland now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

dougee19 wrote: »
    Funny how these tower air fryers are out of stock everywhere in Ireland now

I've just purchased the smaller unit from Amazon..it's 98 in Argos... About 72 all in from Amazon if that's any use to you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

davo2001 wrote: »

Honestly- its crap.
    It overheats, its slow, the processor is appalling- but it does have a shedload of space.

If you're literally only using it for web browsing- and a small amount of office work- it might be ok- if you deviate from this at all- its crap.

Personally- I'd suggest pay a little extra- get an entry level i3 such as this: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7368006/Trail/searchtext%3EI3+LAPTOP.htm

Its about 130 quid extra- but its far superior (and with an SSD will boot a lot faster and be far more responsive). It costs more- but honestly- its worth spending a little extra on a laptop- than it is buying that AMD E4 machine.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Honestly- its crap.
    It overheats, its slow, the processor is appalling- but it does have a shedload of space.

If you're literally only using it for web browsing- and a small amount of office work- it might be ok- if you deviate from this at all- its crap.

Personally- I'd suggest pay a little extra- get an entry level i3 such as this: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7368006/Trail/searchtext%3EI3+LAPTOP.htm

Its about 130 quid extra- but its far superior (and with an SSD will boot a lot faster and be far more responsive). It costs more- but honestly- its worth spending a little extra on a laptop- than it is buying that AMD E4 machine.........

Thanks, I got the same speced machine as above for €300 in Argos so hoping for something similar to that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

davo2001 wrote: »

I'd say you are better off getting something with an SSD. Would never go back to a spinning drive. If you are handy with a screwdriver you could upgrade yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Deals supposed to go live at 12:01am site has been down since then

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Crystalbeam

I wonder if that's them updating the site, or people crashing it. Still down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Think a year or 2 ago it wasn't live till 3ish but not 100%

The UK site is up and running and they now have their IT guys looking into why the Irish site isn't working
    https://twitter.com/ArgosHelpers/status/933855933289123840

I have a question though I ordered FIFA 18 to be collected from store just before midnight at the price of €64.99, if I go to collect it tomorrow am I right in thinking I will get it for the reduced price by going to a normal till yes ?

Edit to add just not waiting until 3am to reserve a reduced price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They have a black Friday price promise of some sort that if you buy before midnight just gone and the price is reduced you'll get the black Friday price.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They have a black Friday price promise of some sort that if you buy before midnight just gone and the price is reduced you'll get the black Friday price.

Grand job I'll pop in on my break in work to get it thanks now I can go asleep and not constantly refresh the page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

kopite386 wrote: »
    The UK site is up and running and they now have their IT guys looking into why the Irish site isn't working
    https://twitter.com/ArgosHelpers/status/933855933289123840

I have a question though I ordered FIFA 18 to be collected from store just before midnight at the price of €64.99, if I go to collect it tomorrow am I right in thinking I will get it for the reduced price by going to a normal till yes ?

Edit to add just not waiting until 3am to reserve a reduced price

Only £36 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

dacogawa wrote: »
    Argos does this every year... About 1:05 is my guess for the .ie site to come live

They did do 12:45 about two years ago, but we are past that point now ;)

It's a joke the UK website has been up and running for ages. Too busy putting up the prices

Epic my hoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Crystalbeam

Its live

Advertisement