Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport and Executive Jets at rush hour

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

737max wrote: »
    I could show you a Monty Python video clip for that.
    In my day I was traversing the dirt tracks with a bike bought with my confirmation money.

If you spend the rest of your confirmation money you could get one of them private jets, land on time and still catch that train :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

LirW wrote: »
    Damn, all these private jets causing me the hassle and delay my holiday for hours... HOURS.
    Actually, I was catching that train to get to work for a half day. On the far side everything worked fine. Airport to High speed train to connecting regional train to sneakered feet to walk the 1km from local train station to work.

GBX wrote: »
    If you spend the rest of your confirmation money you could get one of them private jets, land on time and still catch that train :rolleyes:
    Then I'll have no money left for my Oak Casket and burial plot up the good side of the graveyard.

OSI wrote: »
    The jets were using allocated slots in a slot controlled airport. If they weren't using those slots then a larger passenger jet could well possibly have which probably would have delayed you further.
    That would give me some succour; that would be an airport run towards the benefit of the community.

Actually, I was catching that train to get to work for a half day. On the far side everything worked fine. Airport to High speed train to connecting regional train to sneakered feet to walk the 1km from local train station to work.
    Were you late according to the scheduled time? Because even if we take your 20 minutes claim at face value any flight beyond England that I've been on had at least that much padding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

I flew out on Tuesday and there were two executive jets one after the other in the queue to take off before us. Our plane took off late so it can't be said that it didn't affect our full flight.

What flight was it?

I couldn't make out the numbers on the two executive jets. They were both white and livery free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

That would give me some succour; that would be an airport run towards the benefit of the community.

So 200 people going on a sun holiday is more important than a possible multi billion investment? People leaving the country aren't spending money in it so it doesn't matter if they are delayed as they aren't benefiting the community.

You still haven't said if you landed on time or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thread gone insane and soapbox-y

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement