Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport and Executive Jets at rush hour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

737max wrote: »
    Think Dublin Port Tunnel; Just because you have somebody willing to pay for the service, doesn't mean they should be incentivised to use the service ...and all for the greater good of the people in the locality.

Firstly not sure how the last parts fits in with the rest.

Secondly what evidence do you have that the executive jets were incentivized to fly out of Dublin airport at rush hour..

Because otherwise your statement makes so sense.

Ah, the trickle down defence proffered up by every shameless capitalist.

Ahh yes comrade..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Could be

Medivac
    Parts for a aircraft gone tech down route
    Government VIP in transit

At most it cost 60 seconds... What really hurts is a few widebody jets due separation needs, so are we going to tell EI, AA, DL, EK etc to get lost with there A330/777.

If you think ground delays are bad in Dublin, try Heathrow or Chicago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I don't know how often I have been delayed on take off at Airports but I do know and I am sure you have heard a Pilot tell the passengers that he will make up the time in the air, the landing time is what you need to know not the take off time.

Every plane has an optimum cruise speed at which it is flying most economically. Making up the time in the air would mean what now?

Growler!!! wrote: »
    But were you late at your destination?
    I already responded to this. I nearly missed the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

737max wrote:
    Making up the time in the air would mean what now?

Nothing to you most likely.

Unless you're a shareholder in said airline.

In which case it will also mean nothing to you.

Could be

Medivac
    Parts for a aircraft gone tech down route
    Government VIP in transit

At most it cost 60 seconds... What really hurts is a few widebody jets due separation needs, so are we going to tell EI, AA, DL, EK etc to get lost with there A330/777.

If you think ground delays are bad in Dublin, try Heathrow or Chicago
    delaying a one man plane costs 60 seconds. delaying a number of passenger jets costs 60 seconds multiplied by how many people are on those planes and could be the difference between you landing on time or circling around for 20 minutes because your plane arrived at the destination airport just too late.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

A plane is a plane is a plane. What does it matter what or who or how many it carries?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Nothing to you most likely.

Unless you're a shareholder in said airline.

In which case it will also mean nothing to you.

I'm a shareholder in a airline but it wasn't the airline I was on at the time. I was surprised not to see them in the queue of waiting planes.

knipex wrote: »
    Ahh yes comrade..

See my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,083 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Isn't there another bizjet airport in Dublin where the sole objective is to earn money from paying wealthy punters. Those birds certainly weren't on the ground long as I patiently waited while they rose to the heavens.
    Nope, its too short for us to land on! Dublin airport is slot controlled airport with a specific number of slots per hour, if these takeoff slots were not available then the corporate aircraft wouldn't have gotten them. Allowing 2 minutes separation per aircraft, you cannot attribute your 15 minute delay to 2 aircraft.

knipex wrote: »
    Really ??

Because according to their website......

Which would imply you just made that statement up.
    I see no mention of a profit motive there. That is a very weak counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Nearly being the key word. You didn't miss it yet you are looking for something to complain about and point fingers at those in the private jets who you reckon could have caused you to miss your train. You paid your fare - got where you needed to be on time to catch your train - objective achieved. Tomorrows a new day, move on.
    Look on the plus side ... you got to admire a parade of 8/9 planes queueing before take off :D

OK. I've teased this out enough. It is clear to me that someone in the DAA who isn't a plane fan has to review the benefits of allowing executive jets use scarce resources during peak hours while normal passenger air traffic suffers.

I thought there might be an angle to it which I wasn't seeing but it is clear now that there isn't.

OK. I've teased this out enough. It is clear to me that someone in the DAA who isn't a plane fan has to review the benefits of allowing executive jets use scarce resources during peak hours while normal passenger air traffic suffers.

I thought there might be an angle to it which I wasn't seeing but it is clear now that there isn't.

You are generalising that normal passenger air traffic is suffering? What evidence do you have to support this other than "you nearly missing a train" ?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Nope, its too short for us to land on!
    Isn't that like the local squire complaining that the County Council has built roads which are too small for his Merc G-Wagen Landaulet to traverse.

Scarce resources, if they weren't available then they wouldn't have gotten them!
    Do you seriously expect corporate aircraft to land in Waterford and have their passengers driven to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

But were you late at your destination?

So were you late or not? If you were late landing then you can complain about the private jets. If you arrived on time as advertised and still nearly missed your train then that's your fault!

GBX wrote: »
    What evidence do you have to support this other than "you nearly missing a train" ?
    Do they need that 350million second runway in the middle of the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

delaying a one man plane costs 60 seconds. delaying a number of passenger jets costs 60 seconds multiplied by how many people are on those planes and could be the difference between you landing on time or circling around for 20 minutes because your plane arrived at the destination airport just too late.

Me thinks you really are a bit of a troll here to do noting more than sh1tstir.

2 planes couldn't have delayed you more than 2 minutes. Will you cop on with your multiplier and 20 minutes can crap. You live a sad life if those 2 minutes caused you so much grief that you had to dedicate hours to a subsequent thread on boards.

My recommendation to you is get a life and stop worrying about stuff that upsets you so much

• Advertisement

Find me a G-wagen equivalent that can fly across the Atlantic and land in Weston?

Find me a G-wagen equivalent that can fly across the Atlantic and land in Weston?
    I'm struggling to find sympathy for those who require such a service/product.

I'm glad that there is a need as otherwise I would be out of a job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Nope, its too short for us to land on!
    Isn't that like the local squire complaining that the County Council has built roads which are too small for his Merc G-Wagen Landaulet to traverse.

That road would be too small for the proletarian bus you'd be on as well :-)

I'm struggling to find sympathy for those who require such a service/product.

I have a small inkling that those in said G-Wagons or private jets are not overly bothered by your attempts to use their ability to travel in such modes of transport as a reason to nearly miss a train and use it as your agenda towards the DAA and the new runway.

I see no mention of a profit motive there. That is a very weak counter.

Weak how.

You made stuff up.

I quoted company information and refer to their strong commercial (IE profit driven) focus.

So makey upy = strong.

facts = weak ???

Clear to you ? Perhaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Nearly. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Are there additional fees or penalties if you take off late?

That road would be too small for the proletarian bus you'd be on as well :-)
    I could show you a Monty Python video clip for that.
    In my day I was traversing the dirt tracks with a bike bought with my confirmation money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Damn, all these private jets causing me the hassle and delay my holiday for hours... HOURS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement