Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Being careful about news reports about what Don has said seems necessary, I'm wondering what way "what the president meant" announcement from Sean Spicer will be worded.

The W/P has reported on an AP report...

The Associated Press reports:

President Donald Trump told Republican senators Tuesday that the House-passed health care bill he helped revive is “mean” and urged them to craft a version that is “more generous,” congressional sources said.

Trump’s remarks were a surprising slap at a Republican-written House measure that was shepherded by Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and whose passage the president lobbied for and praised. At a Rose Garden ceremony minutes after the bill’s narrow House passage on May 4, Trump called it “a great plan.”

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjPn-yAyr7UAhVLKsAKHfcaBlkQqUMIODAH&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fblogs%2Fright-turn%2Fwp%2F2017%2F06%2F14%2Ftrump-predictably-abandons-the-ahca-and-democrats-2018-gift-comes-early%2F&usg=AFQjCNFq7QF3NBkdsacFMI9CS3RxJw8AIA

Other stories the W/P is running is that Senate overwhelmingly vote to curtail Trumps power to ease Russian sanctions AND special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say.

The leak point for story 2 will annoy Don. The leak point for story 3 might have the 3AM tweeter calling Jeff or announcing via the media his displeasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

He's at the hospital now, two of the injured including Scalise critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The Washington Post is reporting tonight that Trump is indeed the subject of an investigation into criminal obstruction of justice. Its something everyone has assumed but this is confirmation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?utm_term=.2921efee701e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The Washington Post is reporting tonight that Trump is indeed the subject of an investigation into criminal obstruction of justice. Its something everyone has assumed but this is confirmation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?utm_term=.2921efee701e

Don't see how he can't be convicted of this, this will bring him down it's an open and shut case....

1. Asks the Dir FBI to drop an on going case.
    2. Then fires the Dir FBI with some b.s. excuse
    3. Then says to Russians in the oval office that it solved his Russian problem.

Case closed!

Trump really is one of the Stuipidest person I know.

Whats is to be decided is who he brings down with him, Sessions gave the reccomendation letter to fire him did he discuss this with Trump. He was supposed to be recused from anything Russian.?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Don't see how he can't be convicted of this, this will bring him down it's an open and shut case....

Case closed!

Whats is to be decided is who he brings down with him, Sessions gave the reccomendation letter to fire him did he discuss this with Trump. He was supposed to be recused from anything Russian.?

I imagine the issue is a he said this, other guy says this. While everyone knows Trump is a serial liar as long as he keeps denying it the law requires stronger proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Christy42 wrote: »
    I imagine the issue is a he said this, other guy says this. While everyone knows Trump is a serial liar as long as he keeps denying it the law requires stronger proof.

Along with trumpski being a serial liar you have an FBI investigator (not to mention being the director) taken detailed contemporaneous notes of the discussions straight after the meetings and shared these with his senior team....its not even close who a jury would believe. I think if you ask trump he would say he did because he is that stupid.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭circadian

How many people believe no matter what the evidence shows that Clinton is involved in child killing? Same coin just different side!

Off ye go then, show us the indisputable evidence of that. Oh and if you really want to solidify your position, evidence of the paedophile ring in the basement of a pizza place that has no basement would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

circadian wrote: »
    Off ye go then, show us the indisputable evidence of that. Oh and if you really want to solidify your position, evidence of the paedophile ring in the basement of a pizza place that has no basement would be great.

Bit confused are you saying you believe there is a paedophile ring in the basement of a pizza parlour.

As you can see Michael Flynn Jr. as recently as March of this year was promoting the concept. https://m.youtube.com/watch?a=&feature=youtu.be&v=MrfCx-udAKo

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/26/521545788/conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-apologizes-for-promoting-pizzagate

If Alex Jones now saying it is false.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Two problems: first, it's generally accepted that the President can't be indicted while in office, which means that the only remedy is impeachment. That has to be done by Congress, which means it ain't gonna happen. Hell, Congress probably wouldn't impeach him if he did shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

The other is that he was right: his core supporters wouldn't abandon him for doing that either. His approval rating is probably about down to his core support now. These are people who would still vote for him if tapes emerged of him taking orders directly from Putin and laughing about what idiots his core supporters are.

And then there are people who will vote for the candidate on the Republican ticket, because - even if he's the self-confessed second coming of Lucifer himself - at least he's not *shudder* a Democrat.

American politics are fundamentally broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

In his testimony Sessions said (when he wasn't stonewalling) that Trump asked him and Rosenstein (?) to draft the document about Comey. Sessions in fact claimed it was largely Rosenstein's thoughts and Sessions was almost deferring to Rosenstein.

When Sessions was asked if he regretted his part in it given Trumps public admission on the Holt show and to Russian officials that it related to the Russian investigation he replied that he 'doesn't deal in hypotheticals'.

Apart from Trump asking Comey to drop Flynn investigation, asking Coates/Rogers to pressure Comey to drop it, firing him, the Nunes **ology, giving inadequate responses and refusing to give documents to the congressional inquiries there is another appalling vista for Trump: Flynn and Manafort have been under criminal investigation for 6 months. Flynn and what he knows terrifies Trump, thats clear.

Sessions also revealed that he hadn't had ANY briefing about Russian interference (not ever). He hadn't even read the Intel report. Comey also stated that Trump never once asked about how the interference investigation went. Similar to all Trump admin cronies. This is stupid. Why would they not inquire about this? Either they don't believe it (Sessions testified under oath that he did), they dont care or they KNOW that Russian interference and their collusion are one and the same thing.
    Stupid of them to not show some pretence of caring to mask this huge subjective indictator of guilt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I expect if something is going to happen to Trump it will be like Clinton where the reaction to the first thing is what gets him. The man just isn't capable of forming the bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Case closed!

It's anything but an open and shut case. Even taking Comey's memos at face value, there is still not enough for an open and shut case.

1, according to Comey , Trump said he "hoped" Flynn wouldn't be investigated. He never asked for Comey to drop anything.

2, if Trump wanted to stop the investigation all he had to do was cancel it.

3, we have Trump in that NBC interview saying he wants to get anyone involved in any possible collusion with the Russians and we have Comey backing this up in his testimony.

4, I would seriously hope that Sessions was involved in the process of firing Comey.

5, the whole dynamic has now shifted from collusion to obstruction. If that fails it'll move onto fraud or bribery (insert claim here).

Trump is useless as President but I don't think he's stupid. I think it would be a mistake to characterise him in that way.

He'll have questions to answer on the obstruction but he ahould be able to see it through, providing no more damning evidence comes to light.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Two problems:

The other is that he was right: his core supporters wouldn't abandon him for doing that either. His approval rating is probably about down to his core support now. These are people who would still vote for him if tapes emerged of him taking orders directly from Putin and laughing about what idiots his core supporters are.

Don't agree 100% with you here: Right wing Christian bodies particularly the Council for National Policy were made a lot of promises by Trump through his then campaign manager Bannon and Kelly Anne Conway who is on the CNP executive board. The CNP is deep in the admin, in fact apart from the Russia connected appointments the admin is almost an admin of Christian Statist beliefs. E.G Betsy DeVos father in law was a founding member of the CNP, and her Mother was on the exec also. Cruz was their man before they had to settle on 'Blunt Instrument' Trump.

Trump delivered Gorsuch and delivers these peoples policies via Pence.
    They know what Trump is, but they are not prepared yet, to walk away from his policies. They are "Christian" though and presumably if Trumps guilt becomes incontrovertable they could let him go in favour of Pence presidency which makes no difference to their goals.

I also feel that the FBI/Special Counsel Investigation is working in tandem with Emoulments investigation and with RICO money laundering investigations atleast at NY attorney general level. There is a game plan to take him down taking the issues you raised into account. The evidence need to be and will be overwhelming.

Didn't see it mentioned here but reporters have now been banned from interviewing Senators in the Capitol. Wapo's guiding line now is 'democracy dies in darkness' (authoritarianiam is born). Another light just went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

JRant wrote: »
    Trump is useless as President but I don't think he's stupid. I think it would be a mistake to characterise him in that way.

I agree, he's not stupid but he is completely out of his depth here. Mueller is bringing on board some of the best, most respected legal minds in the country for this investigation and Trump plumps for... his old buddy, corporate lawyer and genial lick-spittle Marc Kasowitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

demfad wrote: »
    Didn't see it mentioned here but reporters have now been banned from interviewing Senators in the Capitol. Wapo's guiding line now is 'democracy dies in darkness' (authoritarianiam is born). Another light just went out.

This seems to have been reversed.
    Shelby told The Hill that his committee staff had acted without his knowledge after receiving complaints from other senators who sometimes feel hounded by reporters.
    He instructed them to “stand down” and drop efforts to limit reporters’ activities.
    “I know some of the staff talked to the people in the gallery and I think the Rules Committee talked to the Sergeant at Arms, not me,” Shelby said. “When I found out about it, I said stand down."
    “We’re not going to change any rules, not unless we hold committee hearings,” he added.
    Shelby said he hopes no additional restrictions will be placed on reporters, noting, “We all benefit from you, as long as you act civil.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I'm still wondering who gave Don the advice on how he was to word the "hint" he dropped to JC to drop the investigation into Gen Flynn without it being a blunt interference into an ongoing investigation. I doubt very much if he came up with the hint [as described by J Comey], I get the idea that the advisor/s was/were of a fully composed legal "you can go this close but no further" mindset.

The identity of those who "left the room on presidential request" immediately before the one-on-one meeting is well known. Maybe that would be an ideal list for the senate committees to ask the following questions [did you give the president any legal advice on the advisability of mentioning the Gen Flynn investigation to J Comey at the private meeting, or legal advice on how to go about introducing it in a "hint-fashion" to the private meeting]. It wouldn't be asking for the wording of any such advice, just if it was given to the president.

Od course they would have to have the courage to put the question first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Could he? I understood that he could do no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's anything but an open and shut case. Even taking Comey's memos at face value, there is still not enough for an open and shut case.

1, according to Comey , Trump said he "hoped" Flynn wouldn't be investigated. He never asked for Comey to drop anything.

In a closed meeting, after asking everyone else to leave. Also, we are now supposed to take the use of words by Trump as sacrosanct. But we are told when he uses Tapes he doesn't mean tapes etc.

As the senator said, if someone holds a gun to your head and says they hope you give them your wallet does it lessen the demand.

Well he tried to by asking Comey, when that didn't work he fired him to cancel it.
    3, we have Trump in that NBC interview saying he wants to get anyone involved in any possible collusion with the Russians and we have Comey backing this up in his testimony.

He doesn't believe, and has stated many times that he doesn't believe, that there was any collusion so it an empty statement to say he wants to get anyone.

The one person we know had inappropriate links, Flynn, Trump has continued to stand with.
    4, I would seriously hope that Sessions was involved in the process of firing Comey.

If the reason that they fired him was incompetence or just a change in direction then fine. But Trump knew before he asked for the recommendation that he was going to fire him, and going to fire him due to the Russian investigation. So whilst Sessions did nothing wrong per se, Trump effectively made him party to the Russian investigation and as such Sessions now finds himself overstepping his own recusal.
    5, the whole dynamic has now shifted from collusion to obstruction. If that fails it'll move onto fraud or bribery (insert claim here).

Well, the obstruction wasn't in place until he fired Comey so they couldn't start with that. Also, not sure the investigation has moved, although is certainly has spread. The Senate is continuing to investigate Russian collusion. Kushner is still to give evidence, Flynn is still being investigated. It hasn't gone away just because at different time they focus on different aspects of the affair

He'll have questions to answer on the obstruction but he ahould be able to see it through, providing no more damning evidence comes to light.

I don't know if he is stupid, but I have seen little evidence that he is intelligent. Regardless of his intelligence, he has shown that he is easily sidetracked and open to making wild claims which seem to suit his agenda but end up creating more questions.

Take his firing of Comey. The intelligent thing to do was to stay with the "Recommended by Sessions" narrative. But instead he decided to blow that out of the water and stated he fired him because of Russia which as lead directly to this situation. You call that intelligent?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

jooksavage wrote: »

He can't. Only Comey can, and I don't think it can be cancelled until there's a new FBI director in place to do so. The new nominee, Christopher Wray, hasn't been confirmed yet, so the FBI's investigation will keep going for awhile.
    Sessions *might* be able to cancel it but he went on and on about independence between DOJ and the FBI, so there's probably some regulations preventing it. Which they can change of course as the FBI does report to the DOJ it's not a cabinet level position.

Trump *can* fire the special prosecutor, though that rumor from last week appears to have been nixed by the WH.

• Advertisement

It's anything but an open and shut case. Even taking Comey's memos at face value, there is still not enough for an open and shut case......

Comey said he felt the US president (the most powerful person in the world) deliberately meeting alone with Comey for no other reason than to communicate his "hope" that Comey would let the investigation go to be "DIRECTION". Ergo Comey believe the president directed him drop the case.

He cant 'cancel' an ongoing FBI investigation. He is not a dictator yet. He could try and force Comey to drop it although that would be obstruction of justice.

We also have sevaral examples of Trump calling the investigation a "hoax" and a "witch hunt" etc.
    When asked if he believed there was collusion between Trump and Russia Comey only replied that he could not answer that because it would reveal details of an ongoing investigation (That means yes)

Why? If he was fired for Russian interference Sessions should be fired and indicted for obstruction of Justice as he was recused from it.

No. Media reports that the investigation has "EXPANDED" to include obstruction of Justice. The criminal investigations, the collusion/treason investigations, the money laundering investigations, the emoulments investigations etc are still there. Comey testified that he did not previously reveal under oath or publicly that Trump wasnt under investigation for collusion (treason) because that status could change.

Remember Nixon and his cronies were adamant that he wasn't under investigation.....until he was.
    He'll have questions to answer on the obstruction but he should be able to see it through, providing no more damning evidence comes to light.

He is stupid. He told Lester Holt that he fired Comey due to Russia.
    Remember, Trump was so spooked by the FBI investigation he fired Comey. Now he is under criminal investigation himself on top of this.

Just on this, it's not necessary for Trump to say "Please drop this investigation into Flynn" or anything that direct to prove obstruction. The words he used will be taken in the context in which they were used.

Saying "I hope you can let this go" in some situations could look harmless enough. Saying it when you're the President to the FBI directory when the subject is your friend after you ask everyone else to leave the room is far less innocent. Because of the implication.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I agree, he's not stupid but he is completely out of his depth here. Mueller is bringing on board some of the best, most respected legal minds in the country for this investigation and Trump plumps for... his old buddy, corporate lawyer and genial lick-spittle Marc Kasowitz.

Trump is stupid.

He can barely read, he can barely string a coherent sentence together, he can't grasp complex topics, He has a really short attention span and can't finish a sentence without going off on a tangent, he sees everything in narrow black or white terms...

He's bombastic, vindictive, short tempered and deeply narcissistic, and due to his inherited wealth he has always been in a position where his bullying and dishonesty have allowed him steamroll his way over obstacles.

He won the presidency not because he's a genius, but because of external factors that meant that the worst possible candidate emerged at the top of a pile of other terrible candidates. His only real talent is the ability to get people talking about him, and that's not an indicator of intelligence

aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm still wondering who gave Don the advice on how he was to word the "hint" he dropped to JC to drop the investigation into Gen Flynn without it being a blunt interference into an ongoing investigation. I doubt very much if he came up with the hint [as described by J Comey], I get the idea that the advisor/s was/were of a fully composed legal "you can go this close but no further" mindset.

The identity of those who "left the room on presidential request" immediately before the one-on-one meeting is well known. Maybe that would be an ideal list for the senate committees to ask the following questions [did you give the president any legal advice on the advisability of mentioning the Gen Flynn investigation to J Comey at the private meeting, or legal advice on how to go about introducing it in a "hint-fashion" to the private meeting]. It wouldn't be asking for the wording of any such advice, just if it was given to the president.

Od course they would have to have the courage to put the question first.

They would give the Sessions stonewall: I can't say anything about a conversation with the president because it might jeopardise his right to invoke executive privelege because he cant review the question to decide if he should invoke it or not.
    i.e everything is under blanket executive privilege until until the president says otherwise. Ofcourse Sessions could not quote a law that says this because its baloney. Didn't stop Yates or Comey etc.
    The point is they can (for now) dodge that question.

He sure could http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/could-president-trump-shut-down-investigation-if-he-wanted-n710051

"Former intelligence officials told NBC News that President Trump would technically have the authority to order an end to the investigation, given that the intelligence agencies report directly to him. But it would be politically disastrous for him to do so, they said."

He sure could http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/could-president-trump-shut-down-investigation-if-he-wanted-n710051

"Former intelligence officials told NBC News that President Trump would technically have the authority to order an end to the investigation, given that the intelligence agencies report directly to him. But it would be politically disastrous for him to do so, they said."

I guess he wasn't aware of that option then. "Politically disastrous" is generally his preferred MO.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    In a closed meeting, after asking everyone else to leave. Also, we are now supposed to take the use of words by Trump as sacrosanct. But we are told when he uses Tapes he doesn't mean tapes etc.

I'm taking Comey at his word.
    As the senator said, if someone holds a gun to your head and says they hope you give them your wallet does it lessen the demand.
    And as another senator said nobody has ever been convicted of hoping anything either

Well he tried to by asking Comey, when that didn't work he fired him to cancel it.

Supposition. It is reported that one of the reasons he was fired was "The Russian thing" (according to Trump), this could just as well imply Comey's refusal to publicly announce that Trump was not under investigation.
    He doesn't believe, and has stated many times that he doesn't believe, that there was any collusion so it an empty statement to say he wants to get anyone.

He said he doesn't believe there was collusion but has backed the investigation on a number of occasion's that we now know of. These are not 2 contradictory statements at all.
    The one person we know had inappropriate links, Flynn, Trump has continued to stand with.

Yes, and Flynn is being investigated.
    If the reason that they fired him was incompetence or just a change in direction then fine. But Trump knew before he asked for the recommendation that he was going to fire him, and going to fire him due to the Russian investigation. So whilst Sessions did nothing wrong per se, Trump effectively made him party to the Russian investigation and as such Sessions now finds himself overstepping his own recusal.

Agree with first part but not the second. Session's had every right to be involved in that discussion.
    Well, the obstruction wasn't in place until he fired Comey so they couldn't start with that. Also, not sure the investigation has moved, although is certainly has spread. The Senate is continuing to investigate Russian collusion. Kushner is still to give evidence, Flynn is still being investigated. It hasn't gone away just because at different time they focus on different aspects of the affair

This is a counter intelligence investigation. It is spreading because Comey leaked memo's to the press and Trump couldn't help himself on Twitter. The special investigator will now be looking at obstruction. The Senate hearings are just a dog and pony show at this stage. The FBI should be left to carry out their investigation of any possible collusion.
    I don't know if he is stupid, but I have seen little evidence that he is intelligent. Regardless of his intelligence, he has shown that he is easily sidetracked and open to making wild claims which seem to suit his agenda but end up creating more questions.

Agree
    Take his firing of Comey. The intelligent thing to do was to stay with the "Recommended by Sessions" narrative. But instead he decided to blow that out of the water and stated he fired him because of Russia which as lead directly to this situation. You call that intelligent?

I call that not knowing when to shut the hell up.

Igotadose wrote: »
    He can't. Only Comey can, and I don't think it can be cancelled until there's a new FBI director in place to do so. The new nominee, Christopher Wray, hasn't been confirmed yet, so the FBI's investigation will keep going for awhile.
    Sessions *might* be able to cancel it but he went on and on about independence between DOJ and the FBI, so there's probably some regulations preventing it. Which they can change of course as the FBI does report to the DOJ it's not a cabinet level position.

Trump *can* fire the special prosecutor, though that rumor from last week appears to have been nixed by the WH.

Trump most certainly can but it would be political suicide now if he did.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Trump is stupid.

He can barely read, he can barely string a coherent sentence together, he can't grasp complex topics, He has a really short attention span and can't finish a sentence without going off on a tangent, he sees everything in narrow black or white terms...

He's bombastic, vindictive, short tempered and deeply narcissistic, and due to his inherited wealth he has always been in a position where his bullying and dishonesty have allowed him steamroll his way over obstacles.

He won the presidency not because he's a genius, but because of external factors that meant that the worst possible candidate emerged at the top of a pile of other terrible candidates. His only real talent is the ability to get people talking about him, and that's not an indicator of intelligence

I agree with all bar the bolded bit: That was the Trump/Russia line. Trump constantly said how bad she was, how lucky he was to be up against such a bad candidate. When the external factors are eliminated ( eg media focusing 5 times more on Clinton email dumps than Trump crininality) she was actually a very progressive and good candidate. Thats my opinion, but if youre not basing you're opinion on Clinton on verifyable facts then youre most likely basing it on the propaganda of Trump, Robert Mercer and his backers.

• Advertisement

Comey said he felt the US president (the most powerful person in the world) deliberately meeting alone with Comey for no other reason than to communicate his "hope" that Comey would let the investigation go to be "DIRECTION". Ergo Comey believe the president directed him drop the case.

So no direct order to drop the case, only a belief, gotcha.
    He cant 'cancel' an ongoing FBI investigation. He is not a dictator yet. He could try and force Comey to drop it although that would be obstruction of justice.

He can
    We also have sevaral examples of Trump calling the investigation a "hoax" and a "witch hunt" etc.
    When asked if he believed there was collusion between Trump and Russia Comey only replied that he could not answer that because it would reveal details of an ongoing investigation (That means yes)

I am open to correction on this but he was referring to the collusion investigation in to him as a hoax and a witch hunt, which was correct.
    Why? If he was fired for Russian interference Sessions should be fired and indicted for obstruction of Justice as he was recused from it.

"If" being the appropriate word.
    No. Media reports that the investigation has "EXPANDED" to include obstruction of Justice. The criminal investigations, the collusion/treason investigations, the money laundering investigations, the emoulments investigations etc are still there. Comey testified that he did not previously reveal under oath or publicly that Trump wasnt under investigation for collusion (treason) because that status could change.

Yes we know there are numerous investigations ongoing with very little information available in the public domain to show us this mythical smoking gun yet.
    Remember Nixon and his cronies were adamant that he wasn't under investigation.....until he was.

:cool:
    He is stupid. He told Lester Holt that he fired Comey due to Russia.
    Remember, Trump was so spooked by the FBI investigation he fired Comey. Now he is under criminal investigation himself on top of this.

Here's the exact quote from Trump to Holt "And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.". I hate admitting this but Trump was right about this. I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement