Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten obscure radio presenters thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

BHG wrote: »
    Turned up on Near FM today
    http://nearfm.ie/podcast/?p=25481

Check out siobhanwalls.com I think that may be her. Complete career change, a Humanist Celebrant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What ever happened to Lisa Brady from iRadio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Anyone remember the female dj on Radio Dublin in the early to mid 80s? She did the Top 40 early on a Saturday iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

tampopo wrote: »
    Anyone remember the female dj on Radio Dublin in the early to mid 80s? She did the Top 40 early on a Saturday iirc

I remember a DJ Marion who did a Top 40 on Saturday afternoons. She was supposed to finish at 3 pm but always ran late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Would anyone happen to know who this female presenter on 2FM is? Autumn of 1998? She talks about 42 minutes into it, at the end of "God is a DJ" by Faithless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwYJCFEGJrk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Would anyone happen to know who this female presenter on 2FM is? Autumn of 1998? She talks about 42 minutes into it, at the end of "God is a DJ" by Faithless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwYJCFEGJrk

I am having difficulty with this one. No matter how many times I play it, I am not sure what she says her name is. Sounds like Carmel or Karma, but doing a quick google gives me nothing of note. I did a check on 2FM's World Web Radio for 1998 and there was no regular female presenter. I certainly don't recognoise the voice - sounds American or Canadian.

So I think she could well be forgotten and obscure, but it would be nice to know what her name is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Remember Eamon Keane who used to do lunchtime on newstalk ? He had a pretty high media profile at the time. Now he is on local radio down in Waterford.
    Just listening to him, God he really is unbearable. Exactly the same as on Newstalk. Melodramatic bull****.

He gets no better, it was a dark day when WLR decided to hand him the reigns to the stations most high profile slot and the one that requires the greatest dexterity in presentation skills. He is awful, can't read a screen, doesn't have paper information properly to hand (you can hear him looking for stuff as he asks us to wait!). He is also just a poor facilitator anyway - far too fond of his own often semi coherent voice/opinions at the expense of clarity and the other voice, whoever that may be. When he is off and Liz Reddy sits in it's so much better.

I think Conor G (Glennon) would be a good example of what the op is talking about. He was doing a Saturday teatime dance show on 2fm long before Jenny Greene joined the station and he was also Rick O'Shea's fill-in. This early to mid 00s era of 2fm was a time when the station didn't commit to young talent for long and often reverted to senior jocks like Liam Quigley and Marty Whelan rather then developing the young talent on the books who mostly vanished completely from the schedules after a couple of reshuffles.

Advertisement