Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Will there be a presale ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

These tickets will be like hen's teeth. Crossing fingers for Spotify presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Saw them in the TriPod back in late 2010 (after the postponement of an earlier date due to the Icelandic ashcloud), it was an excellent gig! Will definitely try and work something out in terms of tickets for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Wondering why three Olympia nights instead of one 3Arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Nailz wrote: »
    Saw them in the TriPod back in late 2010 (after the postponement of an earlier date due to the Icelandic ashcloud), it was an excellent gig! Will definitely try and work something out in terms of tickets for this.

Those shows were something very special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I don't know why people are assuming something will be announced. They've announced the European tour, they're not playing here. Why would they hold back on announcing just the Irish gig?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Arcade Fire and these gigs are going on sale at the same time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

3 in the Olympia is 1620 tickets x 3, which is 4,860, that's a long way off a night in the 3, which is 14,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They wouldn't sell out a full 3arena and tbh the atmosphere would be crap. A few nights in the Olympia is ideal.

I picked up my tickets to see them in Copenhagen last week. Typical eh?

Their EP performance in 2016 was something special and will live long with me.

The aim is to get tix to the Friday night here.

Im gonna im for thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fantastic news to wake up to on a Monday morning.

As many posted above me, wonder if there will be a presale, how would a Spotify presale work?

Olympia atmosphere will be class, top venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Miaow, are you always this passive aggressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

on a plane to spain from 7am on friday morning... disaster. Looking for one/two tickets for the Wednesday. Any presale possibilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I posted on the Olympia theatre's facebook page and they said they haven't heard anything about a presale :(

Those looking to buy LCD Soundsystem tickets this Friday, please check out ticket conditions below....

Ticket limit: Maximum 4 per person / transaction. Please note the name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket.
    If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. The lead attendee will be asked to present the credit card used for booking to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Can gift cards (or e-gift cards) be used to purchase one of these tickets ?
    The standing tickets are 54.50Euro , any word on other ticket prices ?
    Thinking of gifting my son a ticket as he is a fan.

(obviously with intention that he queues to use the gift card on Friday along with other credit card purchasers..
    so, in short - are gift cards allowed as method of payment. I've never used them before....)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Wooderson wrote: »
    Those shows were something very special.

Incredible gig. Trying to explain it to people what it was like never works, had to be there.

Presale? Heh. I remember buying my tickets a few days before the gig. And even then it was easy to walk right up to the stage with your pint in hand. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Those looking to buy LCD Soundsystem tickets this Friday, please check out ticket conditions below....

Ticket limit: Maximum 4 per person / transaction. Please note the name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket.
    If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. The lead attendee will be asked to present the credit card used for booking to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Ok, so I am generally one to follow the rules... and I was very vigilant at the Radiohead concert, but not one person was asked to show their credit card in the queue that I was in. I had friends using other entrances and none of them were asked either. Tickets were still selling on Seatwave and on other sites for 3 times the price... My point is, this rule is not really a solution to the whole ticket touting and Seatwave controversy!

Having said that, I really hope I manage to get tickets! Can't wait to see LCD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Sheog wrote: »
    Ok, so I am generally one to follow the rules... and I was very vigilant at the Radiohead concert, but not one person was asked to show their credit card in the queue that I was in. I had friends using other entrances and none of them were asked either. Tickets were still selling on Seatwave and on other sites for 3 times the price... My point is, this rule is not really a solution to the whole ticket touting and Seatwave controversy!

Having said that, I really hope I manage to get tickets! Can't wait to see LCD :)

It's a lot more likely that they'll enforce it in a smaller venue though.

Isn't it a bit odd that this isn't up on ticketmaster yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

Sheog wrote: »

The guy behind me was checked walking in to Radiohead, he just said his brother-in-law bought a ticket & couldn't make it. That may well be true. It has to be enforced though. I'd be delighted if they went zero tolerance on these big gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

OhHiMark wrote: »
    It's a lot more likely that they'll enforce it in a smaller venue though.

Isn't it a bit odd that this isn't up on ticketmaster yet?
    Olympia didn't enforce it for Paramore, despite warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Are they ever going to turn someone away at a gig? In most cases the tout will already have their money so you would be just punishing a paying fan. Also there are genuine cases were people can't make it to a gig and sell for face value

bobbyg wrote: »
    Are they ever going to turn someone away at a gig? In most cases the tout will already have their money so you would be just punishing a paying fan. Also there are genuine cases were people can't make it to a gig and sell for face value

It's the only way to get rid of touts, actually turn people away. They won't buy 2nd hand tickets next time. If you can't make a gig, you resell tickets through ticketmaster at face value. It's very possible to do, just no will to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

bobbyg wrote: »
    ederkeh wrote: »
    It's the only way to get rid of touts, actually turn people away. They won't buy 2nd hand tickets next time. If you can't make a gig, you resell tickets through ticketmaster at face value. It's very possible to do, just no will to do it.

It's still money down the swanny for a genuine fan who just wants to see their favourite band.

I don't have the best answer but that's certainly not the way to deal with it.

It's still money down the swanny for a genuine fan who just wants to see their favourite band.

I don't have the best answer but that's certainly not the way to deal with it.

I guess I mean in general for gigs here, not just this one! You have to make it pointless for people to buy tickets 2nd hand. Fewer touts means every fan has a better chance of getting a ticket

At Kasabian they only asked me for my confirmation email and my debit card to scan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The lead attendee will be asked to present the credit card used for booking to gain entry into the venue.

What happens if you buy the tickets in a Ticketmaster agent and pay cash ??

Why don't they just make it solely credit card entry ,seems alot simpler .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Feck tickets, pay on the door, first come first served, ladies go free:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Best of luck this morning folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

No luck at 09.01 anyway....

Advertisement