Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem - UK/Ireland Tour 2017

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Boooourns

In fairness, if anyone were invited backstage they would probably go.

I don't really mind musicians having a go, but it kinda feels like he really didnt have much of a clue.

It does alright. Looks like he's admitted it as well which is a bit embarrassing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Boooourns wrote: »
    It does alright. Looks like he's admitted it as well which is a bit embarrassing for him.

Not really... he apologised for letting the Taoiseach back stage, but repeated that he's thinks he's a tosser... doesn't strike me as the brightest tool in the shed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Which two? Whats not cool?

Leo & Co. were invited back stage... seems a bit odd that a couple of musicians would want to attach him on a political issue they have no stake in, nor any actual knowledge of... TBH it sounds like they picked up some disgruntled comments from some fan/gobshlte and decided to be outraged without an iota of what was actually going on.

Lot of inference here. First hand accounts say that Nancy knew *precisely* what she was talking about to LV.

My issue isn't with the political comments or otherwise. My issue is with these pols backstage in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Wooderson wrote: »
    Lot of inference here. First hand accounts say that Nancy knew *precisely* what she was talking about to LV.

My issue isn't with the political comments or otherwise. My issue is with these pols backstage in the first place.

Ah give over lad, anyone would go backstage given the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Wooderson wrote: »

They seem to have been invited... You may not like it, but if the band or the promoters allowed them to be there, then they should put up and shut up...

If the leader of the country burst through the bouncers and demanded to be allowed in, then it's a different story... an unlikely one...

I've seen this before, where people think that a certain band is too cool, and certain other people shouldn't be allowed to like them... Makes the first group a bunch of whiny losers. I'm not a great fan of Leo's, but he was treated badly here & came out with a dignified response today. That dick Al Doyle came out today with more statements that confirm he's a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Bluefoam wrote: »
    They seem to have been invited... You may not like it, but if the band or the promoters allowed them to be there, then they should put up and shut up...

If the leader of the country burst through the bouncers and demanded to be allowed in, then it's a different story... an unlikely one...

I've seen this before, where people think that a certain band is too cool, and certain other people shouldn't be allowed to like them... Makes the first group a bunch of whiny losers. I'm not a great fan of Leo's, but he was treated badly here & came out with a dignified response today. That dick Al Doyle came out today with more statements that confirm he's a dick.

This.

Regardless of your opinion on Varadkar, Al Doyle came across as a massive bellend during this whole thing. That should be an irrefutable fact to even the LCD fanboys/girls and/or Varadkar detractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think most of the LCD fans on here have accepted that he acted like a twat. Why did they invite Leo backstage if all they wanted to do was give him stick over an issue they know nothing about? I don't think Leo would demand to be allowed backstage without an invite.

If anything they should have been congratulating him for being the first leader to have the guts to actually give the people a referendum on this issue, regardless of his own personal views.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably didn't even happen anyway, the impression that Doyle gives is that Nancy was castigating Varadkar and Al made some grand gesture of wearing a bag that annoyed him and he stormed off.
    Al and Nancy probably just mentioned it after overhearing someone talking about it earlier and Leo left a while later. given that someone at MCD has directly contradicted Al's version and posted a photo of them together makes me think the later is more likely.

still, the usual twitter echo-chamber bellends lapped it up so that's all that matters to him I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

caroline downey is the ex-wife of denis desmond if anyone cares, think she owns half of the company now. not just some random MCD employee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

probably didn't even happen anyway, the impression that Doyle gives is that Nancy was castigating Varadkar and Al made some grand gesture of wearing a bag that annoyed him and he stormed off.
    Al and Nancy probably just mentioned it after overhearing someone talking about it earlier and Leo left a while later. given that someone at MCD has directly contradicted Al's version and posted a photo of them together makes me think the later is more likely.

still, the usual twitter echo-chamber bellends lapped it up so that's all that matters to him I suppose..

Were that the case. Particularly nasty and ill informed tweet from Ms. Whang.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nancywhang/status/914450749035294720

One would be forgiven for thinking a brown envelope had passed, in the finest Irish tradition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why is she retweeting nonsense for the Daily Mail? Herself and Al must be fairly thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He's just a guitarist in a band, there's been too much notice given to this story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Guitarist comes across as a tool and the whingers who were at this, getting their pre repeal march dance party on, probably got in a huff because Leo showed up and ruined their night so they scweamed and they scweamed and thwew a little fit on twitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Who cares... This situation is been completely blown up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Screw what happened back stage. All the fun was front and centre and it was fecking epic. Hopefully they do the Picnic again next year

Advertisement