Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topaz nicked me money the bowsies.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Yeah, since all of this happened I've been looking into it, and reading all the explanations here. Ridiculous system tbh, but the power the banks have I'm not surprised. On this occasion though, I would have expected Topaz to take responsibility for their part in this, I.E. They pre aut my card for €65 but only gave me €20 worth of fuel. The Pre-Auth would have been fine if I had been given the petrol. TBH, my only hope now is that there are no more systemic failures, and that the €65 just unfreezes on Thursday and thats the end of it.

Topaz instantly refunded your 45 euro what can they do if your bank holds on to it for 3 to 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Talk to Joe man. You will get their attention for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Revolver Ireland

Topaz instantly refunded your 45 euro what can they do if your bank holds on to it for 3 to 5 days

They should have rectified the issue on the night, but the shop keeper was just flustered as they didn't know what happened with their equipment. Due to their equipment failing, they should have accepted that the problem was actually caused on THEIR side by them not dispensing the fuel. Then they had 3 options:
    1. Give me the fuel as a gesture of goodwill. (Something I never asked for btw)
    2. Give me the fuel and ask me to return the extra 45e when it unfreezes. I was a regular customer of the shop for more than just fuel.
    3. Do what my bank said they could and cancel the transaction completely (the 65 and the 20) and redo it as a 20e transaction.

There are usually solutions when people care enough to look for them. Obviously Topaz didn't/don't to the point that they've resorted to denying anything happened. Fair enough, they are big enough not to have to give a sh1te about small time customers like me.

Talk to Joe man. You will get their attention for sure!

Don't think it's big enough for Joe 😀

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Don't think it's big enough for Joe 😀

are you sure, it's stretched on for 5 pages so far? You might be able to convince Joe to make an entire show out of the scandal. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

RI - And they stole 45 euro from me.
    Joe - terrible thing to happen. just awful. Then what happened.
    RI - They took another 20!
    Joe - ah thats terrible. Tut, and how are you holding out?
    RI- Well Joe, im taking it day by day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The real shame is that the vast majority of petrol stations don't let you pay at pump. I remember being a little kid watching my folks fill the car when we lived on the continent and they always paid by fuel card at the pump. In the mid 1990s. I imagine the OP would know the story regarding pre-auth (or as one pump I saw lately described it, a lien) if it was more commonplace.

TLDR - you will get the money back so no need to go postal on the petrol station.

Graham wrote: »
    are you sure, it's stretched on for 5 pages so far? You might be able to convince Joe to make an entire show out of the scandal. ;)

Might need to embellish it a little. 'Local Hero Family of five who saved kittens from burning house miss much loved grandpa's last words as Evil Topaz don't give them the petrol they paid for so they could not afford trip to Cork'

Now what's Joes email.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Why it's legal tender.
    Even when they got rid of 1c and 2c I'm pretty sure you can still use them.

You can of course. More than 50 coins in one transaction is at the discretion of the receiver though. It has backfired on people in the past. An example would be this tulip....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tax-office-wont-let-driver-pay-fine-with-6000-coins-29053613.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Might need to embellish it a little. 'Local Hero Family of five who saved kittens from burning house miss much loved grandpa's last words as Evil Topaz don't give them the petrol they paid for so they could not afford trip to Cork'

Now what's Joes email.....:D
    One more thing if calling Joe; if your dealings were with the Topaz in Ballyfermot, keep that to yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement