Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I'm a customer" Yet again airline staff abused by passengers (Mod Note in #25)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

gctest50 wrote: »
    He seems to be on a serious mission in his head and forgets about anything else

Seems to me to be like one of those radicalized on his little trip to Europe

His you tube page apparently rants against Germans , so he should just go home to Donald if that's the case.

Seems to be be a right nutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Horrible person

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ryanair need to totally ban this guy. Other airlines should follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Jaysus.

He got that wrong Theresa May style!!!

He tried to jump on the whole "passenger wronged by evil airline on video" bandwagon and thought he'd garner lots of online support and kudos and "you give it to them" comments!!

Sure that's why he recorded it (on his own phone :o)

Unfortunately for him, he has now learned the online tide ebbs and flows just like real life.

Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

The world wide outcry dug up his name: Rudy Kendall - American now living in Berlin. Link below as an https//

scallywagandvagabond.com/2017/06/rudy-kendall-ryanair-brussels-airport-desk-agent-cry/

Once you google his name it's found that he is a beggar and has had run-ins with the police before pulling the race card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

The other passengers should've chipped in, paid for his boarding pass and sent him packing.

Fupping numpty!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

shar01 wrote: »
    The other passengers should've chipped in, paid for his boarding pass and sent him packing.

Fupping numpty!
    Why should the other pax give a cent of their money to this guy, if it was a genuine mistake by someone who had no money and need to get on the flights then fair enough, but that asshat, nope I wouldnt give him a cent, I'd be praying he's not on my flight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭buzzwell

Some12 wrote: »
    The world wide outcry dug up his name: Rudy Kendall - American now living in Berlin. Link below as an https//

scallywagandvagabond.com/2017/06/rudy-kendall-ryanair-brussels-airport-desk-agent-cry/

Once you google his name it's found that he is a beggar and has had run-ins with the police before pulling the race card.

So the guy obviously may have mental health issues.
    And people are advocating violence against him here without knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

buzzwell wrote: »
    So the guy obviously may have mental health issues.
    And people are advocating violence against him here without knowing.

Why is it obvious?

You know you can be a pr*ck without having mental health issues?

jahalpin wrote: »
    Her behaviour was quite bad as well, once a customer asks to speak to the supervisor or manager then it should become the supervisors or managers problem

The customer wasn't actually very offensive and if someone working for a company with a reputation for a distrain towards their customers such as Ryanair can't handle complaints without crying, then they are probably in the wrong job

Doesn't work for Ryanair apparently.

Bit of a pro airline/airport bias going on in this thread, in the forum that it's in it's understandable.

The lady or her company, supervisor, and airport security staff certainly won't be faulted here :)

Its strange, I mentioned Ryanair earlier and I was immediately accused of having it in for them by someone! But then I thought she handled it badly too.

Someone else thought it would be fun if Prince Michael O Leary himself had shown up to deal with the guy without comment.

Many others mentioned Ryanair but found no fault with the lady's actions and weren't accused of having a go at Ryanair.

There's an article linked to identifying the guy and it mentions Ryanair numerous times and littered with misprints.

I suppose it's having a go at Ryanair too.
    But no, it's being used to identify the guy.

• Advertisement

jahalpin wrote: »
    Her behaviour was quite bad as well, once a customer asks to speak to the supervisor or manager then it should become the supervisors or managers problem

The customer wasn't actually very offensive and if someone working for a company with a reputation for a distrain towards their customers such as Ryanair can't handle complaints without crying, then they are probably in the wrong job

Bit of a pro airline/airport bias going on in this thread, in the forum that it's in it's understandable.

The lady or her company, supervisor, and airport security staff certainly won't be faulted here :)

Its strange, I mentioned Ryanair earlier and I was immediately accused of having it in for them by someone!   But then I thought she handled it badly too.

Someone else thought it would be fun if Prince Michael O Leary himself had shown up to deal with the guy without comment.

Many others mentioned Ryanair but found no fault with the lady's actions and weren't accused of having a go at Ryanair.

There's an article linked to identifying the guy and it mentions Ryanair numerous times and littered with misprints.

Right so, the airline here is irrelevant, could have been any airline, thus pointing the finger at the airline/employee is not relevant, the conversation here is about the abusive passenger, his shocking and vile behaviour and why/how it shouldn't ever be accepted or facilitated. 
    It so happens he attacked, in almost every from but physically a girl who works at Brussels Airport, she obviously works for a handling agent and on this day was working a gate where a Ryanair flight was boarding. Thats pretty much all Ryanair have to do with this situation, this was personal abuse.  The same girl could also manage Aer Lingus flights in Brussels along with other airlines etc. Blaming her or her employer firstly appears as desperate attempt at victim blaming, as its totally and utterly unfounded. Who's to say what support she received from her employer, we don't know that, they might have given her a week off work, they might not have! We don't know. What we do know from clear evidence, is that the abusive passengers is clearly the lowest form of human, a truly vile person and chose to abuse an innocent employee just doing her job, nothing to do with Ryanair, this was personal abuse that happen to take place in an airport.

Its strange, I mentioned Ryanair earlier and I was immediately accused of having it in for them by someone! But then I thought she handled it badly too.

The guy himself filmed the worker and uploaded it to You Tube. So he brought all this on himself. He should be identified. he only backpedalled when it was not going the way he planned and he got zero in the way of sympathy.

he should be named and shamed - he brought this on himself, it costs nothing to be civil. He films Sabrina and calls her name numerous times and he does not give a monkeys uncle about her personal privacy, uploading her in her place of work and her name onto You Tube (I would think without her consent) but the dirty sleeven is behind the camera and would not show himself.

As someone else said, not every "Richard" has mental issues, maybe he is just a dick.

Deserves evertything thats coming to him.

Im not pro-Ryanair, I'm just anti-Bullying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

How did he get to the boarding gate with no boarding pass? Seems to be a serious security lapse.

Connecting flight.

How did he get to the boarding gate with no boarding pass? Seems to be a serious security lapse.
    Yeah as mentioned, it appears he arrived on a connecting flight (with another airline presumably) and went straight to his next flight without a boarding pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭trellheim

if it was schengen to schengen on the continent possibly not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

pilly wrote: »
    Connecting flight.

Considering that Ryanair don't do any formal connecting flights, I am not sure how that would work. You're basically buying two separate tickets.

If you were going without bags though you could probably check in online, appear at the boarding gate with the pre-checked flight. If you had bags however, you'd probably have to go through the whole security process with them i.e. exit to landslide, in to arrivals, collect your bags and then have them re-processed as a new passenger as they have no thru-ticketing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Considering that Ryanair don't do any formal connecting flights, I am not sure how that would work. You're basically buying two separate tickets.

Considering this asswipe caused uproar over 50 euro I doubt he paid for a bag.

• Advertisement

Ryanair do now do formal connecting flights, however it is a new thing and is not widespread and is not the case in this scenario.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Another successful ad campaign from the mind of Michael O'Leary

While yer man is clearly in the wrong in that video, the fact that ryanair will charge someone €50 if they forget to print their boarding pass is why I dont fly with them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The reality is that Ryanair uses heavy fees to ensure hundreds of people don't turn up waving tickets and do all that bureaucracy themselves. That's why the ticket is so cheap!

Ive never found Ryanair to be that cheap. Ive often got cityjet for cheaper to LCY over LGW, with checked bag free tea nicer seats and friendly staff. Id only fly ryanair if i got one of their 1p tickets, which are quite rare.
    It's not 1975 and you're not flying PanAm on $7000 ticket with the jet set. You're on a utilitarian, short, highly efficient fight. You will have to pay for extras and you have to accept you're shopping in the supermarket not at a high end bespoke hipster grocery store.

To continue your analogy, it would be like if Fallon & Byrne put your groceries in a free paper bag but Aldi required you to bring your own plastic bags and if you forgot to bring it they would charge you €50. Seems fair to me!

To continue your analogy, it would be like if Fallon & Byrne put your groceries in a free paper bag but Aldi required you to bring your own plastic bags and if you forgot to bring it they would charge you €50. Seems fair to me!

It's not like that at all, not even close, what a ridiculous anology!

Maybe if you'd have said something more sensible like forgetting your ticket when turning up to a concert, and instead of denying you entry straight out, they allow you to pay €50 to print your ticket.

Also, I'd like to delightfully point out that a boarding pass is €15 to print, and airport check in is €50, so it's pretty obvious that he didn't check in whatsoever.

Locker10a wrote: »
    Right so, the airline here is irrelevant, could have been any airline, thus pointing the finger at the airline/employee is not relevant, the conversation here is about the abusive passenger, his shocking and vile behaviour and why/how it shouldn't ever be accepted or facilitated. 
    It so happens he attacked, in almost every from but physically a girl who works at Brussels Airport, she obviously works for a handling agent and on this day was working a gate where a Ryanair flight was boarding. Thats pretty much all Ryanair have to do with this situation, this was personal abuse.  The same girl could also manage Aer Lingus flights in Brussels along with other airlines etc. Blaming her or her employer firstly appears as desperate attempt at victim blaming, as its totally and utterly unfounded. Who's to say what support she received from her employer, we don't know that, they might have given her a week off work, they might not have! We don't know. What we do know from clear evidence, is that the abusive passengers is clearly the lowest form of human, a truly vile person and chose to abuse an innocent employee just doing her job, nothing to do with Ryanair, this was personal abuse that happen to take place in an airport.

It took a while, but I am now being accused of "victim blaming".

I can only go on what I saw in the video, people saying she did well, she didn't.

I sympathise with her for having to deal with the pricķ, but IMO she was not handling the guy well, she didn't receive any support from anyone she worked with in it and she started crying.

If you want to compare someone handling it well listen to the guy, randomer at the end of the video.

And yes, you and I can only discuss what's in the video, the rest we make up, what happened before it and after it.

I saw 7 minutes of her doing basically nothing.

How can she be blamed for the lack of support from her place of work?

No supervisor was in the video no security.

Pointing these things out does not mean they are her fault. So maybe it would be best if you understood what victim blaming actually means before accusing me of it.

You say maybe her employer gave her a week off?
    Why???

How about couple of grand to ease the pain thrown in for good measure too? Go with what you saw in the video and stop making things up.

Advertisement