Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry County Council Clerical Officer Campaign 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

starlit wrote: »
    I completed these tests recently and received results. It doesn't state if you are successful enough for interview unsure of what the cut off point is to get to interview stage. Will a letter be sent out whether you be invited for interview or not? Thanks

No-one knows, depends on what timetable the Council are operating on, but given at least fifty took the exam on my day alone, they'll definitely have to write out to any interviewees.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

starlit wrote: »
    I completed these tests recently and received results. It doesn't state if you are successful enough for interview unsure of what the cut off point is to get to interview stage. Will a letter be sent out whether you be invited for interview or not? Thanks

As per info given in specification they will be calling the 'highest placed' for interview. An application form will be sent to those who place highest and then you will have to demonstrate all the required elements in the application form, i.e. knowledge of county council, teamwork, ict skills, etc. It will be a long process I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi Everyone,

I recieved an email specifying I got through to the next stage of the process.
    The next stage is an application form and a series of questions regarding how you would do as a team player etc.
    It needs to be in for next Friday did any of ye not still receive clarification whether ye got onto a next stage or not?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mersie

Hi

Was the email directly from kcc?

mersie wrote: »
    Hi

Was the email directly from kcc?

No it was from HBS recruitment stating I had qualified for the next round.

2 friends did the exam also and received no email and nothing even saying they didn't get through I thought at least they would email saying people were unsuccessful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 cunla

HBS Recruitment are the business end of HSE dealing with the HSE clerical officer comp so if you have also applied for Kerry in that it is probably that rather than Kerry Co Co

cunla wrote: »
    HBS Recruitment are the business end of HSE dealing with the HSE clerical officer comp so if you have also applied for Kerry in that it is probably that rather than Kerry Co Co

Ur right sorry about that I got the email 2 days after the Kerry county council results so I was wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Hiya, I too sat the psychometric test in the Brandon hotel for Kerry county council clerical positions. I got the results by post last week. I am relatively happy with them.
    I got 31 out of 35 in verbal reasoning, 14 out of 20 in the numerical ability test and 22 out of 52 in the clerical checking test. Time was the main issue. Will we hear back either way if we are successful or not. Is the next round a typing exam or an interview. Any info is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

Got letter today saying they're only taking top 40 to interview. I was close but not close enough. Said they'd keep all info on file for 2 years.

For the library assistant they said they were evaluating next steps and would get back to me.

Dont think i done enough for it i was 5 short on the typical on the first one 2 over on the 2nd one and 10 over and the last test. Id say I defo did not get through you got a letter so today confirming you didnt get through looking forward to seeing mine when I get home dont have high hopes tho.

• Advertisement

Just got letter today - 2nd overall for both Clerical Officer and the Library (presumably No.1 was also doubling up). Will check e-mail now for the form, so fingers crossed for the interview.

well done to you - I hope I done enough for an interview (unlikely tho).

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Got the letter today, was placed 68 which I'm very disappointed with as they are only taking 40 to the next stage. Good luck to all those going further.

Do you mind me asking your results did you get very high over the typical that people got on each test? I was short 5 on one part of the test but over avergae on the rest so could be my downfall

Henwin- Hard look it was well worth doing the test tho. Was it only 40 people so that were called for interview

Any one heard anything about interview dates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ellduderino

Just got letter today - 2nd overall for both Clerical Officer and the Library (presumably No.1 was also doubling up). Will check e-mail now for the form, so fingers crossed for the interview.

Hi, how did you do in the interview?
    I've been placed high(ish)on the panel, just wondering have they started calling yet?

Hi, how did you do in the interview?
    I've been placed high(ish)on the panel, just wondering have they started calling yet?

Didn't get any reply yet, either by post or e-mail, so whether that's good or bad depends on whether anyone else got any feedback from their interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 barkinkatz13

Didn't get any reply yet, either by post or e-mail, so whether that's good or bad depends on whether anyone else got any feedback from their interviews!

I was notified on the 7th September that I was placed on the panel after the interviews. No further communication since then.

I was notified on the 7th September that I was placed on the panel after the interviews. No further communication since then.

I'm the same

• Advertisement

Has anyone taken up a position from this campaign ?

Yes, I start next week. No details yet as to where I am going.

Yes, I start next week. No details yet as to where I am going.

Best of luck ! Can I ask what number you were on the panel ?

Thanks! #5

I was given a start date of 24th. Still don't know where I'm going tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Any more interviews scheduled, does anyone know? Thanks.

Murph29 wrote: »
    Any more interviews scheduled, does anyone know? Thanks.

Just got an email today in regards interviews starting end of May must be from when i applied about 2 years back.

revoke12 wrote: »
    Just got an email today in regards interviews starting end of May must be from when i applied about 2 years back.

That's great news... had forgotten I applied. Do you mind me asking what number you were roughly, thanks

dorbrogra wrote: »
    That's great news... had forgotten I applied. Do you mind me asking what number you were roughly, thanks

To be honest couldn’t tell you but was not high I think I was like 2 hundred and something?? Defo not in the top ten anyway. I’m presuming it’s from the time in 2017.

• Advertisement

revoke12 wrote: »
    To be honest couldn’t tell you but was not high I think I was like 2 hundred and something?? Defo not in the top ten anyway. I’m presuming it’s from the time in 2017.

Thanks for that... I think I was a similar number. I've secured other employment in the meantime. Hope it goes well for you if you get it.

Advertisement