Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry County Council Clerical Officer Campaign 2017

Options
  • 08-06-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

The expression of interest for this closed today, the next step is the Psychometric online tests.
    Does anyone have any idea what type of tests will be given and any examples that we could be practicing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭trafficlight

Has anyone got any information on when the online tests will be issued?

Is anyone doing the psychometric tests for this, this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Yeah, got called for tests next Tuesday in the Brandon. Hopefully something will transpire out of it :)

Me too... I heard that some people were also called to do tests this week... if anyone has already done them this week, have ye any advice, was there many questions to answer in the hour and were they very similar to the practice ones we got in the letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If it's anything like Dublin city council you will need a decent calculator...not a scientific one ( too messy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mersie

If it's anything like Dublin city council you will need a decent calculator...not a scientific one ( too messy)

Were the Dublin tests run by Enact ? Wasn't really much information provided on the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mersie wrote: »
    Were the Dublin tests run by Enact ? Wasn't really much information provided on the letter.

Grafton recruitment did it.

How have people been finding the psychometric tests??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pad77

Did it this morning time was an issue 😯verbal was a bit tricky I taut. Maths part could do with a calculator. And the last part 52 questions in 5 minutes to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Pad77 wrote: »
    Did it this morning time was an issue ��verbal was a bit tricky I taut. Maths part could do with a calculator. And the last part 52 questions in 5 minutes to do.

Yeah, with the clerical checking, thought it was better to finish as many as I could and be reasonably sure they were all right, rather than blindly rushing through all of them - fingers crossed, anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pad77

I was the same try and do what I did right. I don't think anyone could possibly do the 52 in 5 minutes. Fingers crossed now.

The numerical was tough too I found in the time we had to do it....
    Error checking, no way could you do 52 questions in 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

Lads I'm taking this tomorrow and have been looking at the sample questions on this link: https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/advice/test/junior/numeric_01.htm

Are they as bad as this? They're a lot more complex than the sample questions they gave us on the hand-out. I'm sunk if they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Kerryman79

Just did it today , verbal was easy finished with 2 mins to spare , Maths ok but be quick got 15 done out of the 20 and im sure they are all correct and the checking omfg !!! only managed 28 of the 52 in time but positive they are right , people were in shock outside at 52 in 5 bloody mins -impossible 5.7 secs per question , takes 1 sec to shade the box and another to read the question !!

Any news yet? I wonder how many attended the tests last week? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Kerryman79

No news as of yet but they did say at least two weeks , from what i know there was 3 separate test days, the adviser from Turas Nua said hundreds had applied , best of luck !

Thanks same to you.

Hopefully we get the results this week.. good luck everyone

Anyone hear back yet? Will be 2 weeks tomorrow for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

Pad77 wrote: »
    Did it this morning time was an issue ��verbal was a bit tricky I taut. Maths part could do with a calculator. And the last part 52 questions in 5 minutes to do.

What??? No calculator alliowed????

• Advertisement

Anyone hear back yet? Will be 2 weeks tomorrow for me

Two weeks today for me, so presumably allow an extra 2-3 days for processing, dispatch from Dublin etc - would certainly expect a reply by Friday at the latest, though.

Anyone get any results back yet?

Got mine today. Happy enough. Thought I got them all right on verbal but didn't :D

let myself down a wee bit on Clerical as instead of just ticking the correct answer when I found it, I double-checked against all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Got mine today. Happy enough. Thought I got them all right on verbal but didn't :D

let myself down a wee bit on Clerical as instead of just ticking the correct answer when I found it, I double-checked against all of them

Well done....did results come by email or post. Was there a minimum requirement for each section or did they just average out the totals? Thanks for any info

came by post today.

You're given the following per section:

1) No of Qs
    2) You Attempted
    3) Correct
    4) Typical

Typical = How many questions the majority of people who take the test typically get correct, for your own comparison

"Please note that all results have already been checked and verified. I cannot give any information regarding the next stage of the recruitment process or if you have been successful or not - that is at the discretion of Kerry County Council, and requests to Enact for same will not receive a reply"

came by post today.

You're given the following per section:

1) No of Qs
    2) You Attempted
    3) Correct
    4) Typical

Typical = How many questions the majority of people who take the test typically get correct, for your own comparison

"Please note that all results have already been checked and verified. I cannot give any information regarding the next stage of the recruitment process or if you have been successful or not - that is at the discretion of Kerry County Council, and requests to Enact for same will not receive a reply"

Thanks for update ... post not delivered here yet. It's interesting the way they say they cannot give any information regarding next stage.... when the Limerick one was received, there was a minimum you had to reach for each section in order to be considered for next stage and I was three short on error checking.

would LOVE to have been given that information! Was it Enact who did the ones in limerick?

would LOVE to have been given that information! Was it Enact who did the ones in limerick?

Yea results were clear and you knew if you were moving on to next stage or not. But again there were thousands who applied and only 90 were being sent to interview stage.... so the stakes were high. The company conducting that test was graftonrecruitment.com

Got my results back today also - going by the average, should have done enough to get called for an interview, but given the nature of these things, that could be a few months down the line yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I completed these tests recently and received results. It doesn't state if you are successful enough for interview unsure of what the cut off point is to get to interview stage. Will a letter be sent out whether you be invited for interview or not? Thanks

Advertisement