Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Rather this weekend than next :P

Have we any timeline on Danny Rose? Straight swap from Trippier to Bavies would be nice

Rose still not in squad so good call. That's ages he's been out now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ScummyMan wrote:
    Have we any timeline on Danny Rose? Straight swap from Trippier to Bavies would be nice

Tripper to Danilo seems straight forward enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Surely Kyle Walker starts ahead of him no?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,918 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ScummyMan wrote: »

Surely Kyle Walker starts ahead of him no?
    People think he deputises for Mendy, but Sane might too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What's the latest on Ramsey lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ramsey [calf] is expected to miss Fridays game. Ozil [swollen ankle] "little chance" of facing Leicester. Mertesacker will be fine. #AFC

km79 wrote: »
    Ramsey [calf] is expected to miss Fridays game. Ozil [swollen ankle] "little chance" of facing Leicester. Mertesacker will be fine. #AFC

Had Ramsey in my team since my first draft on the back of my notes from last season. My notes had the following in brackets - (if fit and available) which says everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Had Ramsey in my team since my first draft on the back of my notes from last season. My notes had the following in brackets - (if fit and available) which says everything.

Don't sweat it.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/08/04/information-overload/

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kieran Trippier to miss start of Tottenham's season with ankle injury.
    Kieran Trippier fears he will miss the start of Tottenham Hotspur’s season as he waits to find out the full extent of the ankle injury he sustained in the club’s final pre-season friendly against Juventus.

Tottenham are waiting for swelling to go down before making a full diagnosis on Trippier’s injury, but the 26-year-old is not optimistic that he will be fit for the first Premier League game against Newcastle United on Sunday.

There remains concern that Trippier could be ruled out for a number of weeks, even though Tottenham were on Monday night hopeful that scans would not reveal a break once the swelling subsided.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/07/kieran-trippier-miss-start-tottenhams-season-ankle-injury/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone seen any up to date information on Lanzini? FPL has him at 75% but can't remember reading anything on him.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone seen any up to date information on Lanzini? FPL has him at 75% but can't remember reading anything on him.

I think he may have a similar back injury to coutinho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    I think he may have a similar back injury to coutinho ;)

Ah, transfer merry go round, best stay away then.

What's the latest on Mendy injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was reading a Southampton forum it seems yoshida picked up an injury at the weekend and didn't train yesterday.

Was reading a Southampton forum it seems yoshida picked up an injury at the weekend and didn't train yesterday.

Went off early too

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

If VVD and Yoshida are out, at what point do people begin to worry that the 'Southampton defence' isn't the 'Southampton defence'. And the same for WBA; if McAuley and Evans are out, what are we actually buying into? Fixtures and Tony Pulis respectively?

Markx wrote: »
    If VVD and Yoshida are out, at what point do people begin to worry that the 'Southampton defence' isn't the 'Southampton defence'. And the same for WBA; if McAuley and Evans are out, what are we actually buying into? Fixtures and Tony Pulis respectively?

Most people are picking Saints defenders with the expectation VVD will leave. Great fixtures and a defense minded coach. Yoshida probably only a minor injury. As for WBA, I think the days of Pulisball are over. Quality of attacking football in league has improved greatly, and Pulisball has stayed Pulisball. Better looking elsewhere for cheap to mid priced defense I think.

Good and valid points

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

what are we actually buying into? Fixtures and Tony Pulis respectively?

Look I know there's a lot of Trump, Brexit, North Korea, fake news and general sense that the end of the world is near but....

...if we can't trust in fixtures and Tony Pulis then things are even worse than I thought!

Rose not expected to feature before September. Lamela to be out for longer with Son & Trippier huge doubts for #NUFC. [ESPN Sources]

#THFC https://t.co/RY1D2UKwt8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That's enough for Ben Davies to make my team

It's Bavies. Let's stick to the protocol people.

Ben Dinnery
    Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery
    ·
    1h
    Alexis Sanchez has been ruled out for up-to two weeks after suffering an abdominal strain in training on Sunday

manual_man wrote: »
    Ben Dinnery
    Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery
    ·
    1h
    Alexis Sanchez has been ruled out for up-to two weeks after suffering an abdominal strain in training on Sunday

That's a coutinho injury
    He is leaving imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Ben Dinnery
    Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery
    ·
    1h

An abdominal strain? No stomach for Arsenal more like. He's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

An abdominal strain? No stomach for Arsenal more like. He's going.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

What's the latest on Mendy injury?

Interested in this too. He could be a great scorer this season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Hereby referred to as Sanchez-itus.

• Advertisement

Thankfully Salah is the same price.

Advertisement