Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weak lower back and too tall to deadlift without pain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Did you spend years trying to fix the issues preventing you from deadlifting properly? or did you just spend the time trying to find some technique that would somehow allow you to do it. Don't even get me started on the damage running can do.

But with a post like that not sure if you are just trolling.

Anyways op as said above try from blocks or rack pulls and let us know how you get on. I am sure it will help those weight are super low you would need some decent mobility to lift from that deficit.
    bump on more mobility work especially on core work also, check if you can pass my two tests here as most cant and thats a huge aspect to work on as if the midline is not contributing then you're asking a stable joint (your lower back) to become a mobile joint - https://www.dominicmunnelly.ie/new-blog-1/2016/11/18/mid-line-stability-exercises

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

newwan wrote: »
    There is no essential exercise bar running. 😘 There's always another way

What's the other way to picking up anything?

Running around it three times so it picks itself up?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why deadlift at all??
    I spent years trying to find a form so I could deadlift without murdering my lower back so I couldn't run the next day...

But I couldnt find a way. So I stopped deadlifting forever...

There is no essential exercise bar running. 😘 There's always another way

Wash your mouth out with soap, learn to deadlift, return to the forum and apologise.

In my experience the deadlift is a simple exercise to learn and execute. What did you do to try to learn?

Transform et al, have a point about mobility. But even with fairly crap mobility you should be able to deadlift with reasonaable form. My back has been sore after heavy deadlifts, but never in pain. Soreness from DOMS.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

But I couldnt find a way.

Did you look into hamstring flexibility, pelvic tilt and Scottish hip?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lads cut him a break, his body is obviously crippled from all the running. Can barely tie his laces at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'm well over 6 foot with a lot of the length in the legs and at my peak could deadlift in excess of 600 lbls pain free. Really had to nail form and work on mobility though as I didn't just naturally or instinctively have good form. It was sore and awkward in the beginning. But a car crash and recent enough inguinal hernia surgery has scared me off deadlifts. Reset and work on form. But if you still get pain, whether it be from something else or just an inability to maintain form. Don't do them. I miss them but I've built back to my old physique and strength post surgery through other means . I now do rack pulls to get some of the benefits.

It's amazing how many people I see deadlift inguinal decent enough weight but with with horrible form. Probably no pain now. But I imagine it will arrive at some stage. Your back deserves so much respect.

Advertisement