Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Big changes to Bus Network

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Anyone know when the H spine is supposed to start? Also when the H Spine is due to commence what routes are planned to replace the 31a and 31b. I've only seen the H3 which is due to terminate at Howth Summit but what's there planned to replace the service to Shielmartin Road or the few departure on the 31b.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    It doesn't relate to general stops, rather interchanges and termini specifically. From the tender notice;

So it seems interchanges at key locations (like at UCD Belfield and Liffey Valley SC as you mention) seem to be termed “Bus Stations”, presumably to differentiate them from normal bus stops.

Interchanges will be key to BC so it is good they are looking at them separately. Similarly well designed termini will be very important.

Yeah but Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley, Tallaght and UCD Belfield will be done separately through the owners without CPO. Liffey Valley already has planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

GT89 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the H spine is supposed to start? Also when the H Spine is due to commence what routes are planned to replace the 31a and 31b. I've only seen the H3 which is due to terminate at Howth Summit but what's there planned to replace the service to Shielmartin Road or the few departure on the 31b.

The FOI request, that was linked by LXFlyer, did say that it was meant to start operation in mid/late June or possibly early July. I am not if there is a lot of new bus poles still yet to be installed in places like Malahide Village, Clongriffin, all around Howth and Baldoyle with some others meant to be installed for the new radial routes that begin their routes from Abbey St like the no. 6, 8, 10, 20, 21 & the L91. I think the bus poles installed along East Wall are probably earmarked for those new radial/local routes.

The radial & local routes that are associated with the H Spine are.....

6 - Abbey St to Howth Dart Station
    8 - Abbey St to Beaumont Hospital
    10 - Abbey St to Castle Avenue (Clontarf)
    20 - Abbey St to Malahide
    21 - Abbey St to Seatown
    L91 - Abbey St to Sheriff St.

What I would like to know about this launch is that will the new radial routes, that are meant to link up with the new H spine, meant to begin operation on the same day as each other. The NTA need the brand ambassadors to inform members of the public about the new routes that are being launched in their area. There is work needed to be done with building new junctions on some sections of the Malahide Road. I wonder if there was any progress made on those projects so far or is still more work to be done on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Happened to have a look at Google Maps and noticed the bus connects route numbers are already showing for most of the respective stops.

Edit: After looking at google maps and the Realtime Ireland App, the only routes that seem to appear are the H spine plus route 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Peregrine wrote: »
    Yeah but Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley, Tallaght and UCD Belfield will be done separately through the owners without CPO. Liffey Valley already has planning permission.

I only mentioned those locations because another poster had already done so. I'm sure that there are lots of other termini and interchanges at key locations to be designed.

• Advertisement

The FOI request, that was linked by LXFlyer, did say that it was meant to start operation in mid/late June or possibly early July. I am not if there is a lot of new bus poles still yet to be installed in places like Malahide Village, Clongriffin, all around Howth and Baldoyle with some others meant to be installed for the new radial routes that begin their routes from Abbey St like the no. 6, 8, 10, 20, 21 & the L91. I think the bus poles installed along East Wall are probably earmarked for those new radial/local routes.

I knew it supposed to start around June but I haven't seen anything further so was wondering as I haven't seen any annoucement from the NTA.

The radial & local routes that are associated with the H Spine are.....

6 - Abbey St to Howth Dart Station
    8 - Abbey St to Beaumont Hospital
    10 - Abbey St to Castle Avenue (Clontarf)
    20 - Abbey St to Malahide
    21 - Abbey St to Seatown
    L91 - Abbey St to Sheriff St.

What I would like to know about this launch is that will the new radial routes, that are meant to link up with the new H spine, meant to begin operation on the same day as each other. The NTA need the brand ambassadors to inform members of the public about the new routes that are being launched in their area. There is work needed to be done with building new junctions on some sections of the Malahide Road. I wonder if there was any progress made on those projects so far or is still more work to be done on them?

The radial and local buses will begin alongside their corresponding spine routes but only the 6 is considered to be related to the H spine. So it'll be 6, H1, H2, H3 and H9.
    I knew it supposed to start around June but I haven't seen anything further so was wondering as I haven't seen any annoucement from the NTA.

No formal announcement yet. It'll be the end of June.

Peregrine wrote: »
    The radial and local buses will begin alongside their corresponding spine routes but only the 6 is considered to be related to the H spine. So it'll be 6, H1, H2, H3 and H9.

What's the H9?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Supposedly the duties on these are absolutely shocking, up to 10 hour days then commute for the driver to actually get in or out, that's not bogies either.

Work life balance out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

What's the H9?

Peak time service that runs into town in the morning on the main spine. In the case of the H9, it goes from All Saints Road into Abbey Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is the H spine going to be 24 hours also?

AngryLips wrote: »
    Is the H spine going to be 24 hours also?

Semi 24hr from what I seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

IMG_20210608_111324.jpg

Got this in the door yesterday. No name to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Qrt

IMG_20210608_111324.jpg

Do the planned bus gates not include signs saying “except buses, cycles, and for access” ? Sounds like sh¡te to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

IMG_20210608_111324.jpg

This seems wrong there's lots of bus gates proposed under bc all of which allow for access and the NTA are presently faced with the conundrum of how to enforce it the politicians don't want to give the nta power to fine with cameras because they think they'll loose votes

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

IMG_20210608_111324.jpg

I got that too. Second anonymous leaflet in about a fortnight.

I'd love a chance to ask the distributors a few questions.

27th June rumoured for start of H spine routes

Saw this online spotted at a bus stop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That would be a Sunday launch to test the waters.

That would be a Sunday launch to test the waters.

Sunday is the start of the working week for DB I believe. This would mean all new bills for routes will always start on a Sunday as seen when routes transferred to GAI and during Network Direct changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭AngryLips

You'd think they'd have an information campaign a couple weeks in advance of the start date to inform the public - they'd need to launch it any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Saw this online spotted at a bus stop on Abbey Street

Wherever that is it isn't abbey st. The pole appears to be under a bridge & the spire of what looks like a church on the right hand side.

It's North Strand Road. Stop 518.

Wherever that is it isn't abbey st. The pole appears to be under a bridge & the spire of what looks like a church on the right hand side.

Corrected now had Abbey Street in my head as I probably place associate the most with those routes with Abbey Street

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

I've read over as much as bus connects as i can, can anyone tell me, route 130, i can't see mention of it. Has the route been scrapped? Just started a new job & its about the only route that can get me to work (unable to drive due to car accident). Thanks in advance.

I've read over as much as bus connects as i can, can anyone tell me, route 130, i can't see mention of it. Has the route been scrapped? Just started a new job & its about the only route that can get me to work (unable to drive due to car accident). Thanks in advance.

It is being kept just renumbered to route 10

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

The 130 becomes the 10, with the exact same route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oneanddone

Busconnect info on lockdown but its starting to leak.
    Clontarf routes first up
    Horrendous to say the least
    early cars start 04:00
    late cars finish at 02:00
    1st late starts at 14:30 and finished at 01:30
    marking in as we know gone
    super blocks of all duties including bogeys, simple terms 100 duties in depot on all routes all shift patterns will be put into 20 weeks of 5 duties shifts which will include bogeys.
    working week increased to max under working time act, this increase in hours is a "pay rise" that was supposed to come in jan 2019.
    no one happy
    chance of all out strike high.

all this will be confirmed by one of the regular users here.

oneanddone wrote: »
    Busconnect info on lockdown but its starting to leak.
    Clontarf routes first up
    Horrendous to say the least
    early cars start 04:00
    late cars finish at 02:00
    1st late starts at 14:30 and finished at 01:30
    marking in as we know gone
    super blocks of all duties including bogeys, simple terms 100 duties in depot on all routes all shift patterns will be put into 20 weeks of 5 duties shifts which will include bogeys.
    working week increased to max under working time act, this increase in hours is a "pay rise" that was supposed to come in jan 2019.
    no one happy
    chance of all out strike high.

all this will be confirmed by one of the regular users here.

Basically in a nut shell, it's not good at all, work life balance a load of my hoop, extra hours, lean management allowed them to get all this in, that was sold to the drivers that it wouldn't affect them ...

• Advertisement

Have the new bills been voted on by the union yet?

Advertisement