Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'd say of the 3% of people who have Hegazi, about 2.5% are probably cursing themselves for having him on the bench!! :pac:
    I'm happy with my team, but my one "if only" moment was switching Hegazi to TAA about 5pm last night after people on here were doubting Pulisball :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm happy with my team, but my one "if only" moment was switching Hegazi to TAA about 5pm last night after people on here were doubting Pulisball :(

I had an eye on him but had heard others say that McAuley was back training full time which would have put Hegazi's starting position in doubt.

Ah well, I can't complain really. I have both Firmino and Salah, and have both Lukaku and Kane playing tomorrow. This has been a pretty solid game week for me so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A few selected xG charts (expected goals) from today, from Michael Caley of Caley Graphics.

These type of statistics are what FPL players should be all over. While they are starting to become more mainstream, they are still pretty niche and will give users an advantage, IMO.

This gameweek people will see that Huddersfield hammered Palace away from home and that Southampton failed to score at home to Swansea. Both true, and based on that Gabbiadini to Mounie will be a very popular transfer I bet, but it's worth having a deeper look.

Palace 0-3 Huddersfield

DHCq2laXUAIiEe_.jpg

Southampton 0-0 Swansea

DHCo3zkXoAAA-4Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Paully D wrote: »
    A few selected xG charts (expected goals) from today, from Michael Caley of Caley Graphics.

These type of statistics are what FPL players should be all over. While they are starting to become more mainstream, they are still pretty niche and will give users an advantage, IMO.

This gameweek people will see that Huddersfield hammered Palace away from home and that Southampton failed to score at home to Swansea. Both true, and based on that Gabbiadini to Mounie will be a very popular transfer I bet, but it's worth having a deeper look.

Looks interesting, is there anywhere I could look up so I could fully understand the graphs or did they come with explanations in plain English? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

shineon23 wrote: »
    Looks interesting, is there anywhere I could look up so I could fully understand the graphs or did they come with explanations in plain English? :confused:

Try this mate:

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2015/4/10/8381071/football-statistics-expected-goals-michael-caley-deadspin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah Paully I'm struggling to wrap my head around those graphs a tad. The bigger the box the bigger the chance? Do colours mean anything?

Edit: never mind, you answered while I was typing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paully D wrote: »

Palace 0-3 Huddersfield

DHCq2laXUAIiEe_.jpg

Southampton 0-0 Swansea

DHCo3zkXoAAA-4Z.jpg

Yeah, but the fact is southampton struggle to finish thier chances.

There was more hope of someone getting shot in the A-team then Southampton had of getting goals

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Having watched a LOT of football today I'd still be very happy with Jesus in my team. Should have had a few today, got way more chances than Aguero.

I went Firmino/DeBruyne, which was better for GW1, but I'd still prefer Mane/Jesus after seeing them all in action today.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear in the last post.
    I know he did well but after how city struggled to break Brighton down today (I know they were unlucky not to score more)

Does this mean that pep could go back to 4-3-3 with sterling/sane giving better width.
    Danilo was playing on his wrong side today and all the threat came from walker on the wing.
    More chance of Jesus being dropped in a 4-3-3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I know he did well but after how city struggled to break Brighton down today (I know they were unlucky not to score more)

Does this mean that pep could go back to 4-3-3 with sterling/sane giving better width.
    Danilo was playing on his wrong side today and all the threat came from walker on the wing.

Sane, on the other hand, was terrible. Falling over more often than playing.

I wouldn't worry about Jesus yet, apart from the goal, Aguero wasn't better than him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

We're all trying to figure Pep out.
    From today Silva and KDB in the same starting line-up (with wing-backs) didn't work with Kun/Jesus up top but it looked more balanced when Sane came on.
    3 of them 4 (not incliuding Sane) is better imo. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gents/Ladies, I'm currently doing a bit of a write up for GW2. It's a rough draft at the minute but just wondering if anyone would like to glance over it and give a bit of constructed critism if you have a bit of time? I'll just PM you're up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

El festino wrote: »
    I don't really want to pick Lukaka. Gut tells me not to but ownership is scary. United didn't score freely last year. Im not sure much has changed but I guess feeling is when they score it will be Lukaka involvement.
    I was wrong :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

After watching short highlights of Crystal Palace game, I don't want any of their defenders near my team.

They couldn't make it any easier to score tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Agreed. Not in any rush to get zaha just yet either. New manager, bad result. Defense all at sea. DeBoer sacked after only 80 days in charge of Inter in his previous job.

El festino wrote: »
    I was wrong :mad:

Who did you captain instead of Lukaku?

wonski wrote: »
    After watching short highlights of Crystal Palace game, I don't want any of their defenders near my team.

They couldn't make it any easier to score tbh.

Yeah De Boer is like 'Pep Light' not the same amount of cash to back up the 'philosophy'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Anyone else make it into the Elite 64 league?
    Some serious operators in there. Particularly impressed with the following records:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/2489/history

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/38273/history

:eek:

Some serious operators in there. Particularly impressed with the following records:

Is this some kind of Green Beret commando fantasy football platoon?

After all thier high level training one is on the same points as me and the other is only 4 points ahead of me.

Also I am safe in the knowledge that they will probably NEVER improve on thier best OR.

Whereas the only way is up for me!

Is this some kind of Green Beret commando fantasy football platoon?

After all thier high level training one is on the same points as me and the other is only 4 points ahead of me.

Also I am safe in the knowledge that they will probably NEVER improve on thier best OR.

Whereas the only way is up for me!

Invitational league run by a boardsie. He seems to really have rounded up some top quality players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye I made the cut. There are a few familiar names in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Even with those insane records neither are in the top 40 in the FFS hall of fame! The records of some people on FFS is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why is Asmir Begovic in that league? :confused::confused::confused:

CSF wrote: »

You can see the Bournemouth players league could be useful. I posted last week that McArthur off palace had Hennessey as his gk which is why I was reluctant to go for speroni.

Ha! is it really him? Doesn't seem to have the entry requirements- has to be a wildcard 'celebrity' entry?

You can see the Bournemouth players league could be useful. I posted last week that McArthur off palace had Hennessey as his gk which is why I was reluctant to go for speroni.
    How did you even see that? That is insanely good research :D

Ha! is it really him? Doesn't seem to have the entry requirements- has to be a wildcard 'celebrity' entry?
    Which is about the most FPL Twitter thing I've ever seen :D Will definitely be following that Bournemouth league with interest though.

How did you even see that? That is insanely good research :D

I saw a video clip of mcarthur going through his team for the year and responded to Donal who was going with speroni that it looked like Hennessey would start. Mcarthurs team was decent he seemed to know what he was doing with his selection so obviously knew Hennessey would start.

Which is about the most FPL Twitter thing I've ever seen :D Will definitely be following that Bournemouth league with interest though.
    Daniels ake and Fraser all have themselves in their team. Actually maybe Fraser doesn't now that I think about it.

I saw a video clip of mcarthur going through his team for the year and responded to Donal who was going with speroni that it looked like Hennessey would start. Mcarthurs team was decent he seemed to know what he was doing with his selection so obviously knew Hennessey would start.
    That is insanely impressive detective work, you need your own Dinnery style Twitter page. FPL Private Detective.

• Advertisement

That is insanely impressive detective work, you need your own Dinnery style Twitter page. FPL Private Detective.

Ha ha I saw it on FFS so not all my own work. Spotting that firmino was missing from training pics on a Friday last year was all my own work.

Advertisement