Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Fiascos

Options
  • 22-05-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am currently enduring a nightmare with 3 Ireland mobile.  I am trying to find formal complaint information so I can continue my battle with this contemptuous company.  It is a pointless procedure going to the Three thread and asking a question, it is also a waste of your valuable time.  So I'm hoping Joe or Josephine Public will be able to throw me a bone..  as such.  ;)

PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT ME TO THE 3 WEBSITE.  It is cleaverly designed to make you go round in circles.  :(

The type of information I am looking for is
    • Three Ireland customer care email address
    • Three Ireland procedure for making a format complaint
    • Three Ireland Director/CEO/shareholders name and/or email address
    • Any other relevant information.

I don't believe I'm asking for anything that's not in the public domain, I'm just not too sure where that information is. 
    I hope someone can be of help. 
    Thanks in advance.  :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

I am currently enduring a nightmare with 3 Ireland mobile.  I am trying to find formal complaint information so I can continue my battle with this contemptuous company.  It is a pointless procedure going to the Three thread and asking a question, it is also a waste of your valuable time.  So I'm hoping Joe or Josephine Public will be able to throw me a bone..  as such.  ;)

PLEASE DO NOT DIRECT ME TO THE 3 WEBSITE.  It is cleaverly designed to make you go round in circles.  :(

I don't believe I'm asking for anything that's not in the public domain, I'm just not too sure where that information is. 

Go to comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shaunie Delyer

I've been to comreg.  I'm looking for additional information and confirmation on the information I already got.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Customerfirst@three.ie but the name is a lie. All my complaint by post I sent to the hq on John Rogersons Quay and they were replied to from Limerick. Had to take them to court as the 'care' staff will not move an inch.

Thanks L1011
    They certainly don't like to make things easy.  :'(

Freepeoplesearchtool.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I've been to comreg.  I'm looking for additional information and confirmation on the information I already got.

If comreg are not interested then you probably don't have a valid complaint.

I never understand how people get worked up over a phones service whether its three, vodafone, meteor ot whoever.

1 - READ the terms and conditions BEFORE you sign up.

2 - if not happy, just switch to a new provider.

You usually find that the issue is with the customer who couldn't be bothered reading the terms and conditions and them are surprised when they are quoted.

I'm a mobile phone customer (various networks) for 29 years now. Still to have one issue with any of them because I read and understand what I am signing up to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

CeilingFly wrote: »

Comreg will not take a complaint until you have exhausted the operators formal complaints procedure. They do not tell you how to do this

Their contact centre staff are disinterested in doing anything and it can take some pressure to get someone who will actually investigate a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

op hasn't said what the complaint is which would lead me to wonder they don't want to hear opinions on how valid it is.

Email accounts aren't in the public domain afaik but directors names are usually found in the financial information of a company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've never found comreg in anyway useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I hope a lesson has been learned.

Never, ever, sign up for a cellular contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

beauf wrote: »
    I've never found comreg in anyway useful.

Comreg can be useful if you have a valid complaint. I complained about Vodafone engaging in fraud, got my bill waived for 18 months as compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Have DMd some director info

optogirl wrote: »
    Have DMd some director info

Do you really think a director is interested in a rant from some customer who THINKS he has an issue.

Any reason why the op can't post the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Do you really think a director is interested in a rant from some customer who THINKS he has an issue.

OP asked for director info so I obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

And yet another thread randomly appears in here!!!!!!!

@ CeilingFly you make quite a lot of assumptions without having ANY information.

1 - What makes you think I did not read the T's & C's?
    2 - The length of time you are paying bills is irrevelent and useless information.
    3 - Attacking other posters because they tried to help is contemptuous at the very least.
    4 - The OP did not post the issue because it's irrevelant.
    5 - Your rant is NOT helpfull in ANY way and I would appreciate if you didn't make any more posts in this thread. Thank you.

Discussing the issue I have with Three Ireland will not help me in any way that I'm aware of. I don't believe discussing an on going issue in an open forum would be the correct thing to do.

As it happens comreg gave my the wrong email add. and I was getting mail bounces. The address I should have had is customer.care at three.ie.

I appreciate the help and am open to opinions, however I don't need validation.. as such. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just go through the process with Comreg. If your complaint is valid they will rule in your favour and you will get compensation.

And yet another thread randomly appears in here!!!!!!!

Moved to a more appropriate forum

@ CeilingFly you make quite a lot of assumptions without having ANY information.

1 - What makes you think I did not read the T's & C's?
    2 - The length of time you are paying bills is irrevelent and useless information.
    3 - Attacking other posters because they tried to help is contemptuous at the very least.
    4 - The OP did not post the issue because it's irrevelant.
    5 - Your rant is NOT helpfull in ANY way and I would appreciate if you didn't make any more posts in this thread. Thank you.

Discussing the issue I have with Three Ireland will not help me in any way that I'm aware of. I don't believe discussing an on going issue in an open forum would be the correct thing to do.

As it happens comreg gave my the wrong email add. and I was getting mail bounces. The address I should have had is customer.care at three.ie.

I appreciate the help and am open to opinions, however I don't need validation.. as such. ;)

Your post shows anger

When you get to my age you'll realise that getting worked up about small issues in life is not worth it.

State your issue and people may advise.

Looking for directors names shows your task will be fruitless

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Your post shows anger

When you get to my age you'll realise that getting worked up about small issues in life is not worth it.

State your issue and people may advise.

Looking for directors names shows your task will be fruitless

Nonsense, i can personally vouch for the fact that contacting Robert Finnegan, Threes CEO, gets results. It was the only way i got an issue resolved with them, short of suing them, which papers had been prepared for.

Once i spoke to his office it was directed to the Head of Customer care who dealt with the matter personally. All resolved within 2 days, after several months getting nowhere prior to that.

O/P i'm sure that i can't post Robert Finnegan email here, but i can tell you that the contact details three use are Firstname.Surname@three.ie. I'm sure that will help you figure it out.

• Advertisement

Time wrote: »
    Nonsense, i can personally vouch for the fact that contacting Robert Finnegan, Threes CEO, gets results. It was the only way i got an issue resolved with them, short of suing them, which papers had been prepared for.

Once i spoke to his office it was directed to the Head of Customer care who dealt with the matter personally. All resolved within 2 days, after several months getting nowhere prior to that.

O/P i'm sure that i can't post Robert Finnegan email here, but i can tell you that the contact details three use are Firstname.Surname@three.ie. I'm sure that will help you figure it out.

Only if the person has a valid issue to begin with.

Only if the person has a valid issue to begin with.

Well we can only take OP at face value, and i'm going to assume that they aren't going to Director level first, and have made a reasonable attempt to resolve the matter.

Time wrote: »
    short of suing them, which papers had been prepared for.

Yeah right, you went to the expense of having legal papers prepared for suing them.

I really really believe you.

For the op, if you post details people can advise you, but ranting and raving and thinking sending an email to a director will suddenly cure everything, is ridiculous.

Yeah right, you went to the expense of having legal papers prepared for suing them.

For the op, if you post details people can advise you, but ranting and raving and thinking sending an email to a director will suddenly cure everything, is ridiculous.

Small Claims procedure is suing a company. Costs 20 quid.

Your posting style is incredibly inflammatory - tone it down.

Well actually yes I did, I was going to sue them in the small Small claims court, as I'm sure you know that's inexpensive. The paperwork had been lodged with the registrar, and I withdrew the case once they resolved it.

Any further hostile toned comments or questions on that?

EDIT (10 hours later): Thought not @CeilingFly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I never understand how people get worked up over a phones service whether its three, vodafone, meteor ot whoever.

1 - READ the terms and conditions BEFORE you sign up.

2 - if not happy, just switch to a new provider.

You usually find that the issue is with the customer who couldn't be bothered reading the terms and conditions and them are surprised when they are quoted.

I'm a mobile phone customer (various networks) for 29 years now. Still to have one issue with any of them because I read and understand what I am signing up to.

Reading the terms and conditions doesn't really help you when a provider unilaterally changes them, insists that they're right to do so despite being provided with a copy of the original conditions, claims that they no longer have a copy of your original contract, continues to collect a direct debit after being repeatedly told in writing it's been cancelled (resulting in double payments), sets up a new direct debit without your permission, and ignores repeated data protection requests.

yes actually it used to happen loads when i worked in virgin media

yes actually it used to happen loads when i worked in virgin media

Once upon a lifetime ago, I actually worked on the team (about 40 people!) who handled technical complaints made via the Chair, directors and CEO of BT. Only customer care team that wasn't in India - still not in the UK, but BT were in outsource everything mode there and looked for the cheapest "not India" option as really over half the complaints had "I won't speak to someone in India" or equivalent in them.

Complaints to senior management are generally handled differently to complaints made otherwise. In 3's case, they simply don't handle complaints made otherwise, or via the courts for that matter, so directors might get something done.

L1011 wrote: »
    Once upon a lifetime ago, I actually worked on the team (about 40 people!) who handled technical complaints made via the Chair, directors and CEO of BT. Only customer care team that wasn't in India - still not in the UK, but BT were in outsource everything mode there and looked for the cheapest "not India" option as really over half the complaints had "I won't speak to someone in India" or equivalent in them.

Complaints to senior management are generally handled differently to complaints made otherwise. In 3's case, they simply don't handle complaints made otherwise, or via the courts for that matter, so directors might get something done.

Generally its the ones that come in via linkedin, especially if you know one of their golf buddies or something. Its not what you know its who you know

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    Reading the terms and conditions doesn't really help you when a provider unilaterally changes them, insists that they're right to do so despite being provided with a copy of the original conditions, claims that they no longer have a copy of your original contract, continues to collect a direct debit after being repeatedly told in writing it's been cancelled (resulting in double payments), sets up a new direct debit without your permission, and ignores repeated data protection requests.

What company was this?
    Were you using the service or within terms of a previously agreed contract time?

Advertisement