Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Fiascos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

What company was this?
    Were you using the service or within terms of a previously agreed contract time?

Meteor. Absolute clowns for the sake of €30. Sorry, rest of this is off topic for 3, but I'd never trust any mobile phone company.

I signed up on an 18 month contract, they increased the price after 12 months and when I queried it said that had been the real price all along, but with a €5 discount for the first 12 months. Nothing in the T+C of my plan mentioned this, nothing online, nor did the confirmation email I got when I signed up. And taking a fiver off the higher price didn't give the original price anyway, regardless of whether you included VAT or not. They also kept referring to my plan by a slightly different name to the one I signed up for.

I gave them copies of everything I had received from them, plus links to cached pages from archive.org listing their plans and T+Cs at the time I signed up, they still kept overcharging me. They regularly ignored emails. When I asked them for a copy of my contract they said they didn't have one!

Eventually I notified them and my bank I was cancelling my DD and manually continued to pay them the correct original amount every month. After 3 months they initiated a new DD for the original amount so I ended up paying twice, I had to blacklist them with my bank to prevent any future DDs.

They ignored emails requesting escalation, a data protection request and repeated email follow-ups on it. Eventually escalated the whole thing in writing to their director of customer services who said I'd sent the DP request to the wrong department, and didn't address most of my other issues. She never responded to my follow up letter asking about the other issues, especially the unauthorised DD. They also ignored the second data protection request I submitted which included the fee.

Unfortunately by that stage it had been going on for 5 months, I'd some fairly stressful personal stuff to deal with and I didn't have the energy to take it any further. And by the time I got a chance to follow up on it I figured too long had passed to refer it to ComReg, and I didn't even know where to start with the DD thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

The op comes across as a crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Needs must - please try to post some helpful advice to the OP

dudara

Advertisement