Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,957 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would have thought they'd surely at least equal if not undercut the PS4 Pro's price.

Vastly superior machine. Can't see them going €350 to match the Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If it's 600 then I'm out as far as day 1 is concerned. I'll hold off on upgrading my TV till the console drops below 500 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anything up to €550 is a green light for me on day 1.

Anything up to €550 is a green light for me on day 1.

I've the money saved for it already. Threw away about a €10 a week since it was announced last year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've the money saved for it already. Threw away about a €10 a week since it was announced last year.

Oh man, I don't think that's how saving works you need to put it somewhere you can get it again :D

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh man, I don't think that's how saving works you need to put it somewhere you can get it again :D

Nooooooo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If I can trade in my current Xbox console and pay €350 along with that, I'll get the Scorpio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I presume y'all have factored in the price of the 4K tv. I think most people will pay for theirs like super furry above.
    Will definitely be a good time to pick a One S that's for sure. Gamestop and CEX will be full of them. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I presume y'all have factored in the price of the 4K tv. I think most people will pay for theirs like super furry above.
    Will definitely be a good time to pick a One S that's for sure. Gamestop and CEX will be full of them. :D

Will pick up a Scorpio, and then wait until there's TVs with Freesync. The TV will last me for ten years (and the next console generation!) then. The One S will move to the "office" that I'm planning on building. Then I've just got to live in poverty afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

With the price I've seen for the One S in both you are probably still better off buying a new one

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Will pick up a Scorpio, and then wait until there's TVs with Freesync. The TV will last me for ten years (and the next console generation!) then. The One S will move to the "office" that I'm planning on building. Then I've just got to live in poverty afterwards.

Does your "office" need any staff?
    I can provide my own One S and TV, will even work for cheap!

I'm keeping my One S and moving it downstairs or the bedroom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Does your "office" need any staff?
    I can provide my own One S and TV, will even work for cheap!

Yeah, it's a home office, so I'm not having you slacking there!

My wife thinks it'll be an office, but it'll be a man-cave type place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I could be wrong but I think I remember Phil Spencer talking about doing all the Scorpio stuff as a side thing pre E3 so that they could focus on games. I really hope that is true and we see some decent games being showcased on the Scorpio. I'll even take non exclusives as "best on scorpio" so long as they are decent games. Rdr2 I'm sure will be there but there needs to be more. Wishful thinking but it'd be amazing if we were flooded with games that are going to be 4k 60fps ready. And I mean games other than Forza, Gears and Halo.

qrx wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think I remember Phil Spencer talking about doing all the Scorpio stuff as a side thing pre E3 so that they could focus on games. I really hope that is true and we see some decent games being showcased on the Scorpio. I'll even take non exclusives as "best on scorpio" so long as they are decent games. Rdr2 I'm sure will be there but there needs to be more. Wishful thinking but it'd be amazing if we were flooded with games that are going to be 4k 60fps ready. And I mean games other than Forza, Gears and Halo.

Games will be playable on Scorpio after the Xbox E3 show.

The first comment you mentioned was regarding doing some kind of pre-E3 Scorpio reveal so the Xbox show wouldn't be entirely Scorpio focused. This was the digital foundry spec reveal that took place weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Games will be playable on Scorpio after the Xbox E3 show.

The first comment you mentioned was regarding doing some kind of pre-E3 Scorpio reveal so the Xbox show wouldn't be entirely Scorpio focused. This was the digital foundry spec reveal that took place weeks ago.

but that's not enough of a reveal to take Scorpio off centre stage.

currently its what people are excited about

dunworth1 wrote: »
    but that's not enough of a reveal to take Scorpio off centre stage.

currently its what people are excited about

It would have taken a good bite out of the E3 show explaining specs and what makes the spec unique.

They have clawed back a good few minutes to focus on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

If it's around the €450-€500 mark it'll be a day one purchase for me. Otherwise I'll push it out to after xmas.

The 4K tv is already purchased although I could always do with an upgrade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am still on the wall about getting a Scorpio as whats stopping me spending that kind of money on a console is the fact there really isn't that much of a 1st party from Microsoft outside Halo, gears and forza.

I just dont know would it get any use. Unless Microsoft shows me about 6 new 1st party games for the console i really don't know how there going to sell it ?. There will be a new Forza and it will look great and play great as well.

As this summer alone for the PS4 i have Everybody's golf, Crash remastered, WipEout: Omega Collection, Uncharted Spin off and I forgot about this one to now final fantasy 12 remastered.

Thats 5 games before the end of the summer while i have noting to get for my xbox one.

I really wish Microsoft made more 1st party games and gave me more of a reason to play my xbox one again.

I am still on the wall about getting a Scorpio as whats stopping me spending that kind of money on a console is the fact there really isn't that much of a 1st party from Microsoft outside Halo, gears and forza.

I just dont know would it get any use. Unless Microsoft shows me about 6 new 1st party games for the console i really don't know how there going to sell it ?. There will be a new Forza and it will look great and play great as well.

As this summer alone for the PS4 i have Everybody's golf, Crash remastered, WipEout: Omega Collection, Uncharted Spin off and I forgot about this one to now final fantasy 12 remastered.

Thats 5 games before the end of the summer while i have noting to get for my xbox one.

I really wish Microsoft made more 1st party games and gave me more of a reason to play my xbox one again.

Well for years we've been hearing how the PS4 is the superior hardware (resolution, framerates blah blah) and that's all that matters. Now the Xbox will have the superior hardware but now all of a sudden it doesn't matter. I do agree PS4 is very very strong at the moment, it's where the games are at no doubt about it. But they got there by having the superior hardware. Scorpio has got to be considered a remake of the Xbox One. It fell well short and now they are righting the ship. I think it will take a couple of price drops and some stunning games, not necessarily exclusives. Read Dead delay is a killer for it as a must have at launch imo. I'm hoping there will be something to go oooh at in E3. Possibly fallout VR being demo'ed or Minecraft AR. But even at that the technology is in it's infancy so it will be something for the long game and not an instant launch success.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ITs all not about power on the consoles the switch proves that when you look at the crazy sales that console is making world wide in its 1st 3 months on the market. I have one and i think its the best thing ever and as there spacing out the games that are coming out from it I am nearly buying every single game for it as I just love the thing. Nintendo got it right with the switch a hybard console that you can play at home and play on the move a console for me someone who loves video games and has to travel for up to a hour each way to work.

I still view the Scorpio as a replacement for the Xbox one we will see multi plat games at 1st on the console eg ones that work on the normal one s. They give it a year there will be 1st party games just coming to the Scorpio.

But Red Dead is going to be a Sony marking deal so we don't know what kind of deal that might be but it could incude a better version of the game just for the PRO and barely any upgrades for the Scorpio.

I see the next Ass creed or Tomb raider could end up being Timed 3rd party games for the Scorpio as they will be games that will push the Scorpio to run 4K games at 60FPS or even 30FPS.

Its only a few more weeks to E3 and with 2 brand new consoles at it. The Switch and Scorpio its going to be very integrating. Then we have Sony who could pull a few games we have no clue about out of the bag ?. Them alone have quite a few big hitters in the next year with God of War, Spider man, Last of Us 2, Days Gone.

Using the switch isn't a good example here. It's really a hand held.

Out of 55 million PS4 owners only 7% buy PS exclusives.

Multiplatform games are the biggest draw on console so having a console where multiplats look and run the best is very enticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox E3 will be streamed in 4k on Mixer! (The new name for Beam)

"We're also committed to making Mixer the premier place to watch Xbox at E3 June 11-15. Today, we're excited to announce that Xbox will be broadcasting the E3 briefing in 4K Ultra HD, with a special edition Mixer 4K broadcast for those with a 4K A/V setup ready to go. And, there will be some special digital bonuses for those watching and signed in on Mixer. Be sure to create your account in advance so you don't miss out on any of the fun."

I wonder why the rename. Beam sounds better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

qrx wrote:
    I wonder why the rename. Beam sounds better imo.

Beam sounds way better but it's to do with not being able to use the name Beam globally supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Beam sounds way better but it's to do with not being able to use the name Beam globally supposedly.

but mixer.. really thats a terrible name

vpQnr03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Using the switch isn't a good example here. It's really a hand held.

Out of 55 million PS4 owners only 7% buy PS exclusives.

Multiplatform games are the biggest draw on console so having a console where multiplats look and run the best is very enticing.

That 7% is probably xboxone users who purchased purely for exclusives :pac:

I wouldn't imagine the average console user is bothered by power. Most of my mates have ps4s because the rest of my mates have ps4s and even here, on Boards, people have advised others to get what their, or their children's, friends have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

9pm GMT sucks! Wife won't be interested in that and I will be gone home from work well before then.

Will still probably stream of sneakily. Looking forward to seeing the new hardware and getting my hands on it.

• Advertisement

erkifino wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine the average console user is bothered by power. Most of my mates have ps4s because the rest of my mates have ps4s and even here, on Boards, people have advised others to get what their, or their children's, friends have.

Time for some new... More POWERFUL mates. This is a hardcore product. Its not for girl scouts lol.

Joking aside it's a niche product. Microsoft have already stated that they still expect the Xbox One S to be the bulk of their hardware sales.

It's a long term strategy. As the hardware comes down in price it will start to move in more significant quantities.

Advertisement