Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options
  • 17-05-2017 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yes folks, it's that exciting time of year again! :D

Xbox will be on 10PM Sunday 11th June this year. Bethesda late enough at 3am.

GybEg3Q.png?1

What's everyone hoping for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I'm hoping for a good few exclusives but i'm somehow doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Personally, I'm hoping to be surprised. Everyone was so desperate to spread news leaks and rumours last year that when it came to the actual press conferences, we knew a lot of it already. I know in this day and age that everyone wants everything and they want it now, but personally I've always loved the spectacle of the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I just want more powa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Would love to see Shadow of War running on the Scorpio.

Worth adding that EA will be hosting EA Play on Saturday the 10th at 8pm. Not officially in E3, more e3-adjacent. Battlefront 2 and other Star Wars stuff to look forward to there.

Should we take bets on what Project Scorpio will be named?
    Xbox One X (or XBOX for short)?
    Xbox Ten/ Xbox 10 (Windows 10 related and sounds better than Playstation 5 to anyone without )
    Super Xbox
    Super Hyper Turbo Xbox Deluxe Alpha Remix

• Advertisement

pcadhain wrote: »
    Worth adding that EA will be hosting EA Play on Saturday the 10th at 8pm. Not officially in E3, more e3-adjacent. Battlefront 2 and other Star Wars stuff to look forward to there.

Should we take bets on what Project Scorpio will be named?
    Xbox One X (or XBOX for short)?
    Xbox Ten/ Xbox 10 (Windows 10 related and sounds better than Playstation 5 to anyone without )
    Super Xbox
    Super Hyper Turbo Xbox Deluxe Alpha Remix

I think to show its part of the same gen it will be called Xbox One _______.

Your first suggestion might be correct. Xbox One X.

Just call it Xbox Scorpio. Deadly name imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

New Assassins Creed, Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 to be announced by Ubisoft I bet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

In terms of Scorpio, just show me the thing and give me a price please.

Games I don't know, I'd like to think they've something up their sleeve but not too sure. Hoping it's not just Sea of Thieves and Crackdown, with some teasers for Halo / Forza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

New Assassins Creed, Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 to be announced by Ubisoft I bet
    They already announced them. They will probably be revealed at E3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

2 Xbox Scorpio models. Entry level one and a super duper one. That's what my money is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,955 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

2 Xbox Scorpio models. Entry level one and a super duper one. That's what my money is on.

Nope I don't think so.

Scorpio is going to be the premium Xbox. One S will be your entry console.

Yes, the Scorpio has already had its spec reveal so its definitely just one console and it will be the premium console in the Xbox One gen/family.

I hope they price it competitively or it could be a major flop.

I hope they price it competitively or it could be a major flop.

It's going to be around €450 - €500. It's not going to be for everyone and is being marketed as a premium product.

Compare it to the Elite Controller. Nearly triple the price of a normal controller but still sold extremely well to those who look for a premium product.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's going to be around €450 - €500. It's not going to be for everyone and is being marketed as a premium product.

Compare it to the Elite Controller. Nearly triple the price of a normal controller but still sold extremely well to those who look for a premium product.

Yeah, I think it's going to be around this price range as well. I wonder if they'll include an Elite Controller in the box.

I could see two different models, but only like a 500GB versus 2TB.

The big question for me is how they are going to "sell it", as in, how are they going to show how/why it's better than Xbox One/PS4/Pro. That's the difficult question, one that even missed with their Pro attempt.

I can see it being between the €500-€600 mark myself.

It's gonna be an expensive Christmas with a Scorpio and new tellybox. Anyone else notice Bart Simpson out of the corner of their eye when looking at the E3 schedule? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It's gonna be an expensive Christmas with a Scorpio and new tellybox. Anyone else notice Bart Simpson out of the corner of their eye when looking at the E3 schedule? :)

Holy C**p you're right..............Half Life 3 confirmed!!

The Scorpio will be expensive for about 2 years. Then has its components become cheaper to manufacturer we should see a reduction in price and retailers creating keenly priced bundles.

When this happens the Scorpio should take off in a big way. I think the Scorpio is more a long term strategy for Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Scorpio will be expensive for about 2 years. Then has its components become cheaper to manufacturer we should see a reduction in price and retailers creating keenly priced bundles.

When this happens the Scorpio should take off in a big way. I think the Scorpio is more a long term strategy for Xbox.
    They'll have one model of Scorpio to launch (probably 2TB for all those true 4K assets :)), they won't risk having multiple models because it will only serve to confuse the market.

An Xbox One Scorpio will be the premium product (no cut down versions at launch).
    • If it's priced between €450 and €500, it should sell respectably.
    • If they manage to ship it for less than €400, it will sell ridiculously well

Xbox One S will probably see a small price decrease and remain as the entry-level model, probably moving to sub-€200 price. At this price point it becomes an easier 'impulse' buy and you're more likely to get users into the ecosystem and eventually they may become Scorpio customers at some stage in the future.

Better business sense to do that rather than have them go 'bugger that' and stick with the console whose name cannot be mentioned in this forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

€400 is the dream for scorpio, to directly challenge the PS4 pro. Microsoft has the bankroll to take a loss on hardware to a certain extent. I'm just hoping that besides the price, that there's some megaton announcement, which funnily enough I cant see being an exclusive. Definitely no gears or halo at e3, Forza 7 is a given.

I'm just looking forward to it, as no matter how things shake out, Its going to be interesting to see how they hammer home the message, or how they fumble it once again like the xb1 launch.

€400 is the dream for scorpio, to directly challenge the PS4 pro. Microsoft has the bankroll to take a loss on hardware to a certain extent. I'm just hoping that besides the price, that there's some megaton announcement, which funnily enough I cant see being an exclusive. Definitely no gears or halo at e3, Forza 7 is a given.

I'm just looking forward to it, as no matter how things shake out, Its going to be interesting to see how they hammer home the message, or how they fumble it once again like the xb1 launch.

I'm fairly optomistic they won't fumble it. 'In Phil we trust' and all that. He's certainly turned things around after the clusterfu*k xb1 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'd say it'll be 600

I think it will be $550.

They have mentioned it will be priced as a premium console so I think it will definitely be more expensive than the PS4 Pro.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i'd say it'll be 600

I don't think so. It's very hard to see them pricing it above €500. Maybe €550 tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MS had the bankroll to take a loss on the ONE but they didn't, they sold at a profit same as Sony and Nintendo (close to even) this generation.

Varik wrote: »
    MS had the bankroll to take a loss on the ONE but they didn't, they sold at a profit same as Sony and Nintendo (close to even) this generation.

The profit on both the Xbox One and PS4 was $50 per unit when they launched in 2013.

I wonder if we'll see a remastered Halo 3 now that it's coming up to 10 years since it came out? They did 10 year anniversaries of Halo: CE and 2 but then again, would the MCC and it's reception have stopped any chances of that happening?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would have thought they'd surely at least equal if not undercut the PS4 Pro's price.

Advertisement