Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

The Witcher - Netflix **Spoilers**

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭ Relikk

For some people it might get better, you never know unless you watch the whole thing. Especially after thoroughly enjoying an excellent first season, and considering there is an overarching story from multiple books that will be in future seasons there is a certain amount of investment involved. Same situation for me, the first half of season 2 was quite good and I enjoyed it, but the second half was a major dip in quality and I found it a bit of a slog to get through. I'll cetainly be watching season 3, though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭ FunLover18

I caught up with Season 2 over the weekend, I definitely enjoyed but after 2 seasons I still feel the show is still in prologue mode and hasn't actually got to the story yet. I am finding it difficult to keep track of the names too and if any show was in need a GoT style mappening credits, it's this one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 25,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Finally finished this up and I liked the season overall more than I did the first. Perhaps less "monster of the week" but the story gripped me enough to go with the more serialised format this time.

Yes agree with this, and it's definitely the show's biggest weakness. There are too many factions and too many names to keep track sometimes - especially when characters would reference others we barely met (basically most of the Rodenia[sic] cast). Made worse by that common habit with the sound mix to have mumbled, sometimes muffled dialogue. When names and places are mostly made up it was hard to keep track sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ Useless Lump

I love this series.

Watched the final season 2 episode yesterday. I really liked that it wasn’t magic spells or violence that saved Ciri but rather the people who cared about her calling her back and Yennifer being willing to give her own life.

very unexpected in a story where magic and violence solves everything.

I’m very surprised that I am remembering which faction is which and who is each side.

I was confused when the other Witcher appeared. I thought they all white hair and yellow eyes from the creation process.

Is Geralt hair just white because he allows had that colour hair? Why do only he a Vasemirnhave yellow eyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭ Cork_exile

Geralt was able to handle further mutations

01001110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01000111 01101111 01101110 01101110 01100001 00100000 01000111 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01010101 01110000

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 25,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

It was a neat finale; at first I was a bit underwhelmed it wasn't some big CGI showdown but as you said, focused instead on Geralt stepping up and showing Ciri she was loved and supported in the real world; even those Witchers who had made her life hell showed a little vulnerability.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ Useless Lump

Well they did give us a battle monsters during it all.

Do you think the Witcher’s put Ciri through hell? The bald black guy was more friendly although he did allow the hostility of big ginger one to go unchecked but they all welcomed her eventually. The teasing went too far but wasn’t done with malice - they just weren’t used to someone who wasn’t used to them.

I do sometimes feel during an episode that I need a course in Witcher 101 as there is a lot in the world that they don’t explain but at the same time I don’t want to be spoon-fed explanations.

Hopefully I will get to see the animated movie this week and I am looking forward to prequel mini series.

I’m sure there is a lot that can be done with the world of the Continent with other shows and films. I don’t mean a flood of it - but there is potential to expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 74,152 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Robbie Amell, Meng’er Zhang, Hugh Skinner and Christelle Elwin join

• Advertisement
Advertisement