Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Orville

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

She’s consistent anyway.
    In AoS she worked for Shield with her ex husband Hunter.
    In Orville she worked with her ex husband on the ship.
    And now she’ll be working with her ex husband on the set.
    She’s in serious danger of being typecast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,626 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Mr E wrote: »

Well that did not last long. Sad to see any marriage end but even sadder to see two people get married when they clearly were not comapatible or had any common interests and then not even make it to 6 months never mind a year.

As for the Orville. I can wait. We got lots of Star Trek coming and there is always season 1 and 2 to re-watch and enjoy again. I will enjoy season 3 when it comes out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,323 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His first marriage lasted 10 years.

His second 6 years.

His third 2 months.

Time to just do a Kurt and Goldie I think for Scott with his next relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I love myself

Why is Karius being discussed at all?

He doesn't not deserve to wear the jersey again.

I had sympathy for him after Kiev. I felt bad for him but when he released that narcissistic video of himself, where he was probably jealous of the ice cream he was licking, he just lost me.

He should have just kept his head down, reflected, and kept a low profile but instead he released a professionally made slick video about himself. Weird and says a lot about him. Then first pre season game back he makes a massive howler and Klopp had had enough.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I love myself

Why is Karius being discussed at all?

He doesn't not deserve to wear the jersey again.

I had sympathy for him after Kiev. I felt bad for him but when he released that narcissistic video of himself, where he was probably jealous of the ice cream he was licking, he just lost me.

He should have just kept his head down, reflected, and kept a low profile but instead he released a professionally made slick video about himself. Weird and says a lot about him. Then first pre season game back he makes a massive howler and Klopp had had enough.

I know its terrible. He was awful in that episode with the Krylons as well...
    ffs man how on earth do you go from soccer forum to the Tv forum into an Orville thread???? :D

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    I know its terrible. He was awful in that episode with the Krylons as well...
    ffs man how on earth do you go from soccer forum to the Tv forum into an Orville thread???? :D

Ha ha sorry, I had two boards tabs open. Wrong one. :D:D

Was reading about the Orville as I'm just starting watching it. Great show by the way.

Ha ha sorry, I had two boards tabs open. Wrong one. :D:D

Was reasding about the Orville as I'm just starting watching it. Great show by the way.

lol I'll let you off at that....only because I like Klopp mind you and Karius is a tool.

Blazer wrote: »
    lol I'll let you off at that....only because I like Klopp mind you and Karius is a tool.

Completely agree with you.

Anyhow as I'm here now I might as well contribute.

I avoid The Orville because of S1 critic ratings and Seth (I'm not a fan of his work).

Then saw S2 had better ratings.

Also, saw how audience score for S1 was very high.

Just finished S1 today and I'm amazed how wrong the critics were. I thnk it's very good and just think critics were blinkered because Seth McFarlane was involved and because it was not what they expected from him they panned it.

Looking forward to S2.

You'll like Season 2 even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

His first marriage lasted 10 years.

His second 6 years.

His third 2 months.

Time to just do a Kurt and Goldie I think for Scott with his next relationship.
    They actually patched things up after that and cancelled the divorce. Until the last few weeks when they filed again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,215 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

blade1 wrote: »
    He probably caught her doing the dirt on him.
    We all know what she's like! :D

Is she a cheater?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭blade1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is she a cheater?

It was a joke Liz about her character in the show going off with the alien,the cause of her split with Ed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Completely agree with you.

Anyhow as I'm here now I might as well contribute.

I avoid The Orville because of S1 critic ratings and Seth (I'm not a fan of his work).

Then saw S2 had better ratings.

Also, saw how audience score for S1 was very high.

Just finished S1 today and I'm amazed how wrong the critics were. I thnk it's very good and just think critics were blinkered because Seth McFarlane was involved and because it was not what they expected from him they panned it.

Looking forward to S2.

I actually do like McFarlane's stuff, but I was really surprised.
    I expected it be a spoof comedy like Space Force, then found it was actually a pretty good Trek-like show.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My favourite episode is still the social media governed planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,711 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MOH wrote: »
    I actually do like McFarlane's stuff, but I was really surprised.
    I expected it be a spoof comedy like Space Force, then found it was actually a pretty good Trek-like show.

It gets significantly better in season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Is there anywhere I can (legally) re-watch Season 1 and 2?

Ms

Juust buy it on DVD or Blu-Ray watch it then sell them on.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Presumably this will be one for Star on Disney+ when it launches, hopefully. Even allowing for Covid it must be one of the longest waits between seasons for an ongoing in production US drama, effectively skipping two entire TV years.

AMKC wrote: »
    Juust buy it on DVD or Blu-Ray watch it then sell them on.

I don't even own a DVD player anymore :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If you have Sky it's on demand. If you don't I'm afraid it's Amazon or NowTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Filming has wrapped on Season 3, no idea when it will air as also need to take into account post production and special FX

The Orville is, at long last, (almost) ready for its next mission — on Hulu.

The Orville is, at long last, (almost) ready for its next mission — on Hulu.

The streamer has announced that Season 3 of the space adventure series, which is now titled The Orville: New Horizons, will premiere on Thursday, March 10, in the year 2022 — nearly three years after its sophomore finale aired on Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

will be good to have some real Trek back

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Season 1 & 2 have been added to Disney+ if anyone is looking for a re-watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just reading up on season 3. Looking good. Decided to try it next after I got through my pandemic project of watching Star Trek through from The Old Scientists to end of Enterprise. I've just finished the Kaylon attack 2 parter. Never realised Grimes and Palacki lasted so short. Clearly still amicable though since they're both back. (Wonder if Wil Wheaton was ever considered for Malloy, not too dissimilar in looks and a direct opposite to Wesley Crusher despite doing the same job)

What was the story with Halston Sage's (Alara) departure only to be replaced by practically the same character? Something go amiss there? Still, she got a great story and a great send off. It'd be nice if she guest starred.

New sneak peek

Has also been pushed back from March 10th to June 2nd

Post edited by EoinMcLovin on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm not saying the titles remind me of Voyager

• Advertisement
    Ms

That's awesome. Can not wait. The would not look out of place in a cinema. I would honestly pay to see that on a cinema screen.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement