Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Orville

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm about ten minutes in. Have I missed an episode?

No, thought that too, makes sense very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

fritzelly wrote: »
    No, thought that too, makes sense very soon

Just did, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

This season started ridiculously and ended brilliantly. Great two parter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched it. Great episode. I thought some parts certainly felt a bit Star Wars like but it worked. Loved it. All well thought out and done and gives as an idea of how things could go when the right elements are not together. I knew straight away from the start on the snow planet which felt very Star Wars like that this had to be a what if episode. That the Orville coming up from under the water was done really good too. Anyone else think it looked longer than usual the ship that is? Also loved the fireworks. Not sure it would be like in space that but then just like a warp core a quantum core has a lot of power too so I guess it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Great finish to the season. Reminded me a lot of the ST Voyager episode 'Timeless'. Hope it is renewed for season 3.

• Advertisement

sunbeam wrote: »
    Hope it is renewed for season 3.

Hanging in the balance, as already mentioned the tax break may be the crux for it
    Hope it is renewed but bring on some scifi writers and it could be great

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

At an estimated €7m/episode, the tax credit in CA only really pays for 2 episodes, so I think there would need to be much more commercial aspects to keep it alive; that being said, McFarlane has a lot of power at Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭pah

I'm about ten minutes in. Have I missed an episode?

What did people do before the internet ??¿??????????????

pah wrote: »
    What did people do before the internet ??¿??????????????

Dunno, weird thing - people avoid googling stuff about series in case they read spoilers, weird huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The first half of the episode was a blatant love letter to Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Not sure it was the best finale, but a decent episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,276 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

They seriously need to renew this.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A weak start but some cracking episodes as it went on. Some if the effects are great (I love the Moclan ships) but the sets, especially the Engineering Dept, look like painted styrofoam. Beef up that and get the balance between funny and serious right (as happened in the best episodes) and it could be a series that gets remembered long into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Adrianne Palicki & Scott Grimes got married last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Well done, Scott!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Can't see Ed taking that well ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

MOH wrote: »

Can't see Ed taking that well ....

They'd definitely want to keep their curtains closed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Important thing to take away from the article - no new episodes until late 2020 :(

We'll have had 3 other Star Trek series aired by then probably!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just filed for divorce after 2 months. Yikes. :(

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/07/23/adrianne-palicki-scott-grimes-wedding-marriage-divorce-separation-the-orville/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ixoy wrote: »
    Important thing to take away from the article - no new episodes until late 2020 :(

We'll have had 3 other Star Trek series aired by then probably!
    I'm not sure how much weight you can put on the truth of statements like this, but MacFarlane seems to be the one who indicated he wouldn't be able to deliver episodes until late 2020 which meant it couldn't keep its slot on Fox. I wonder if he's just run out of ideas for the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

in fairness he was substantially punching above his weight there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll be honest I don't get it; they should have known each other well enough before marriage that it should last longer than 2 months short of something utter stupidity ala cheating while snorting cocaine or similar. Not that we'll know for a while yet but I'm simply surprised; 2 months for me is the LA wedding while high kind of duration esp. in US with marriage counseling, therapy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

He probably caught her doing the dirt on him.
    We all know what she's like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Honestly, it had to be something pretty major for it to go so publicly wrong after 2 months. Yikes.

Which one of them will leave the show first because they can't work with the other one.

My guess is Palicki won't be back for season 3 as she will get a lead in something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm not sure how much weight you can put on the truth of statements like this, but MacFarlane seems to be the one who indicated he wouldn't be able to deliver episodes until late 2020 which meant it couldn't keep its slot on Fox. I wonder if he's just run out of ideas for the show?

There is nearly 30 odd seasons of Star Trek that he could em "use for inspiration" it worked before for him.

Advertisement