Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Orville

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

balls :( , i dont think it was shown on fox its not available on catch up . last one available is blood of patriots . prob could download it but il just wait at this stage if its back next week

The next one is episode 11 on Fox (not shown yet), episode 12 will be shown in the US that same day

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I recommend the TV Time app if on Android. Can add your favourite shows and it reminds you when they air in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

blade1 wrote: »
    It was; liking the new "eff regulation and lets get this done" approach they are moving towards though I'm sure there will be plenty of complaints about "feminism" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Best space battle music ever. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a great episode. Awesome space battle music too. I was so wanting Toba to know the truth of what happened when she now he was born. I wonder will Bortus ever tell him/her. Kliden certainly will not. It was a nice ending to the episode maybe not perfect but open to further negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

im a bit behind, the 2 parter was cracking

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not so sure. In terms of people yes. In terms of story writing there are times he needs to hand it off to others. Definitely a story that could have benefited from a real writer and not his shallow comic book approach.

AMKC wrote: »
    That was a great episode. Awesome space battle music too. I was so wanting Toba to know the truth of what happened when she now he was born. I wonder will Bortus ever tell him/her. Kliden certainly will not. It was a nice ending to the episode maybe not perfect but open to further negotiations.
    Eh no, definitely not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I loved the Dolly music for the fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

With the greatest respect to all who are loving this season I’m baffled that people are enjoying this.

I think (apart from a few gems last season) it’s mostly lazy rubbish. I fast forwarded through most of the most recent episode as it was akin to some sort of really poor soap opera.

McFarliane has really missed the mark here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

With the greatest respect to all who are loving this season I’m baffled that people are enjoying this.

I think (apart from a few gems last season) it’s mostly lazy rubbish. I fast forwarded through most of the most recent episode as it was akin to some sort of really poor soap opera.

McFarliane has really missed the mark here.

It's great, it knows what it is, and leans into it, sometimes you have to accept that a show isn't targeting you as an audience :)

It's also nice to see cameo's that don't become the villain/goodie of the week.

astrofool wrote: »
    It's great, it knows what it is, and leans into it, sometimes you have to accept that a show isn't targeting you as an audience :)

It's also nice to see cameo's that don't become the villain/goodie of the week.
    It's the very strong homage to ST that pulls in many and it's really not a patch on it. Some story lines have been decent enough but there have been some really awful episodes. Ultimately it's light fluff but it needs better writers and he needs to move away from that juvenile humour he's so fond of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

balls :( , i dont think it was shown on fox its not available on catch up . last one available is blood of patriots . prob could download it but il just wait at this stage if its back next week

it's on catch up now

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

I loved the Dolly music for the fighting.

I didn't like that at all. I actually went back in the vid and played sh1tlist by L7 over that whole scene. Sounded much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

I find these breaks in US schedules fairly crazy. Are they teasing their audience.

I assumed they are spacing out the series over the whole year, before the next season kicks off. also my have something to do with filming later eps while earlier ones are on the air?

I really liked the episode but damn if every beat wasn't telegraphed. The writing has fu(k all subtlety

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

human 19 wrote: »
    I assumed they are spacing out the series over the whole year, before the next season kicks off. also my have something to do with filming later eps while earlier ones are on the air?

It’s the way US network TV has always worked, they want to particularly make sure new episodes air in the critically important “sweeps” ratings periods.

That was a great episode (only caught up with it now)

The entire thing could have been straight out of a TNG episode in terms of the tone, music, fly-bys of the ship etc. Not surprising considering the number of former Trek staffers working on it and this was directed by Jonathan Frakes sure.

It completely nails the spirit of Trek in every way that CBS's version fails.

And the number of familiar faces this week was cool.. Tony Todd (Kurn) as epic as always, Marina Sirtis (Troi), the Admirals, even F Murray Abraham was in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yep, another stellar episode to be honest.

• Advertisement

Another excellent episode!
    Please let there be a Season 3.

Loved that episode. Be interesting to see what consequences there are next week - hopefully there will be.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Loved that episode. Be interesting to see what consequences there are next week - hopefully there will be.
    Think that was the last one or are you a week behind?
    Ep.13 yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Think that was the last one or are you a week behind?
    Ep.13 yeah?

14 episodes in Season 2

Virtanen wrote: »
    14 episodes in Season 2

tenor.gif

Thought we were left on a cliffhanger for who knows how long.
    That's brilliant.
    I'm loving this show.
    It's easy watching but I thought that was a strong episode,dare I say up there with TNG. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Why is no one talking about CGI Kelly!

I'm more shocked by how skeletal thin she's gotten

Not a fan of that one at all. Yet another Seth McFarlane relationship episode and IMO it shows up just how limited The Orville is. It's got to the point where they might as well dispense with the ship for stories.

tenor.gif

Thought we were left on a cliffhanger for who knows how long.
    That's brilliant.
    I'm loving this show.
    It's easy watching but I thought that was a strong episode,dare I say up there with TNG. :eek:
    I think you are on drugs!:D

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think you are on drugs!:D

And I think you need some!! :p:pac:

Advertisement