Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to fill a diswasher

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Woodhenge

An interesting fact about dishwashers is that they almost never blocked up during the Upper Palaeolithic and the average Palaeolithic family could have the same dishwasher for many generations without ever having to log a service request. Many believe this is entirely due to the lack of gluten in the diet. A rack of deer ribs would always have been placed pointy bits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Jeysis lads,did any of ye knife pointer uppers ever see that movie with the clown in the kitchen that falls onto the open dishwasher and gets a knife in the eye???

I wasn't bothered before,but after seeing that it's cutlery down all the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Dezekota

Same types of cutlery in the cutlery dividers pointing up
    Cooking knives never go in a dishwasher always hand washed
    No plastic in it as that causes everything to be damp or residuey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

magentis wrote: »
    Jeysis lads,did any of ye knife pointer uppers ever see that movie with the clown in the kitchen that falls onto the open dishwasher and gets a knife in the eye???

how are ye gonna dispatch the clown home invader now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Any way you like. When it breaks, buy another. Works for us anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

magentis wrote: »

Point down would be even worse. At least if it's point up it's a nice clean cut rather than the massive punched wound if you fall on the heel of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

I'm not much of a fan of doing pot washing in the dishwasher. I find for eggy things, it doesn't work. Only elbow grease will get a scrambled egg pan clean.

But sometimes if I have enough non-eggy pots and pans, I'll run one. For those cycles, I also bung in the kitchen bin lid. Is this gross of me? I figure it's still food stuck to it and the pot wash is 70 degrees so I figure the bacteria is killed by that heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

All was going well in Corners house until Corner junior decided to wash his coin collection in the dishwasher.
    I'm glad I was in work when that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Zaph wrote: »
    There is also dishwasher Tetris, where it's vitally important to fit every single item that needs to be washed into the dishwasher. I get annoyed if I fail.

This is me too. Tooting my own horn here but I am really good at it. I'll happily spend 15 minutes getting it right so that everything fits but is in a position that it won't come out dirty. Most satisfying it is, too. Very rarely do I have to admit defeat and remove items.

Also in this series: freezer tetris. I go to the butcher twice a month and basically put the butcher's kids through college with the amount I buy each time I go. Fitting it all is a challenge but I always manage.

Clothes horse tetris is another one. I think I honed my skills working in a shoe shop in college and having to find space for all the boxes in the finite space we had so that they all fitted but didn't get smushed. The boxes still had to look presentable for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I never have a problem with anyone filling my dishwasher wrong in y house, that's because it is the great secret machine. No matter how often I ask, every thing gets put in the sink BESIDE the dishwasher..
    Cutlery pointing up, except lethal knives, they point down, I'm not a fan of putting my very sharp knives in anyway it messes with the handles and they don't last as long.
    Small cups/glasses on the outside of the top rack, bigger cups and pint glasses in the middle with cereal bowls on top.
    I don't have any big dinner plates..(weirdo) so all the plates on the bottom at the back and the bigger dishes or dinner bowls in the front in the wider spaced row.
    Pots do not wash properly in the dishwasher, nor does Pyrex, wire wool, wash up liquid and 14 year old elbow grease (child, not actual old grease) sponge for non stick pans.
    Dishwasher Tetris is great (i think this is why all but my 2 year old stay away from it.. ) I think many a relationship will flounder on dishwasher tactics. I think it's best left to one person. (that's what I have been repeatedly told anyway ! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Barbie! wrote: »
    I feed her a good meal.

I send mine to the pub for a few pints every day.

It works for me, and him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Just never put in anything with pasta, rice or potato residue still on it. Starch that takes another three cycles to clean off and flush all the residue from the dishwasher. People have been murdered for less!

Advertisement