Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw Smyths is selling this for 60 but giving a fiver off if you preorder for instore collection. 55 is handy if you are near a Smyths.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/ufc-3-ps4/p/163615

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Thats a brilliant deal. I ordered 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ordered smyths. Is the beta closed, need to learn moves, haven't played since first version.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Ordered smyths. Is the beta closed, need to learn moves, haven't played since first version.

Beta is finished but it is completely different standup from 2 which had a completely different ground game from 1 so it is nothing like the first game. Best way to learn the moves, I find, is sparring people on here, test out different positions and moves that you might find hard to do against so.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I found the stand up very difficult this time. Saying that I probably only had 8 fights online. I found it very hard to dome of the more technical strikes, I suppose I'll just gotta learn em all again!

• Advertisement

EA Access will have this playable on the 25th January so if you're on Xbox, you can sign up for EA Access for a fiver for 1 month, download the trial (10 hours of the full game) and then get 10% off if you decide to buy the full game.

https://www.ea.com/ea-access/landing-page/ufc3

Other than that, the game launches on Tuesday 30th Jan if you have the Champ Champ edition or Friday 2nd Feb if you have the standard edition.

Anyone here with XBOX and ea access? Would be good to get some feedback on here from the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That looks pretty solid, but who the hell has Thunder for a surname?! Typical EA cringe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

martyos121 wrote: »
    That looks pretty solid, but who the hell has Thunder for a surname?! Typical EA cringe. :pac:

And why isn't his nickname Rumble :D. (I know exactly why but still, missed opportunity EA)

IGN have a brilliant video 5 things you should know about career mode. Looking absolutely savage! Took some screens showing interesting info as well.

For GOAT status, you have to complete 6 Performance records and 2 Promotion Records.
    438238.PNG

438240.PNG

:pac:
    438241.PNG

Looks like Jay from Kingdom mma tv show!
    438242.PNG

438244.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Beating the performance records and getting promotion records really gives career mode a final goal, career mode looks damn decent so long as you're not fighting the same guys over and over again like in other years

I dunno if the consecutive wins will be as hard as it should be though, I think I won 9/10 fights before facing an actual top ufc guy and title shot around 15/16 so 17 doesn't sound too hard unless that's changed too

Some info from the Career mode Producer
    Hey guys, as the producer for G.O.A.T. Career mode, I can start answering some questions.

Longevity got a re-haul this year in regards to how it is calculated. It is based on a number of variables but most of all is damage in a fight. Other areas to consider for longevity is duration of fights, losses in a row, and damage to specific areas of your body (the more you are KO'd in your career, the easier it becomes to be KO'd in the future). Every knockdown and stun health event also reduce longevity. So if you do get rocked 8 times in a single fight and win, you will still lose more longevity. Every action matters during a fight.

But there is also another side to it. Being safe will not reward you with a FOTN. FOTN are based on the amount of damage and health events sustained or given and once it hits a certain threshold, you can be awarded a FOTN. FOTN needs both fighters to come out blazing with a high paced, high damage, back and forth fight. So you really have to balance out the type of fighter you want to be to be the G.O.A.T. since the most POTN bonuses is one of the G.O.A.T. records you can try to beat.

The entire premise of G.O.A.T. Career mode is a balance of two options. As promotion and performance are the two major balances, there are a bunch of smaller ones, like Longevity vs. POTN that you need to balance as well.
    You can have an Overeem type record this year, but as you start getting to 60-70 fights, you do slow down. We really tried to improve the number of fights this year to make it as long as we possibly can without running into memory issues. With the new additions with Promote and Gyms, an average playthrough for our QA team was well over 13-16 hours.
    You can become a Champion or Superstar, but you will be held back from becoming the G.O.A.T. The concept of Career mode was based around two stories. Demetrious Johnson and Conor McGregor. One who is arguably the G.O.A.T. with his performances and another who is the arguably the G.O.A.T. at promotion within the UFC.

Your goal is to balance those two types of careers. Too much focus in one area will cost you in the other. But the timing and cost is dependant on where you are in your career. At the start of your career, you do not need to Promote since nobody really knows who you are.

So to answer your question, can you become the G.O.A.T. without doing any promotion? No. You will fail to get 2/4 Promotional G.O.A.T. records. But it does not have to be your focus at all times in your career.
    There were many concepts and phases we went through on how to handle aging fighters. We saw the feedback from UFC 2 where when a user got to the UFC top 15, it was full of generated fighters and fighters they did not really care about. But this was realistic. 3/4 of the UFC roster, by the time you get into the title picture, would be retired in real life.

This year we decided to break the "universe" to curate an experience in Career that was catered to fans who want to fight known fighters. Yes, some fighters will retire or drop out of the top 15-20, and some will be over the age of 40. But most UFC fighters will stick around to see a fight or two against you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

When is this released? Played the beta with my son and was good fun,

The little bollox owned me on the ground though.

When is this released? Played the beta with my son and was good fun,

The little bollox owned me on the ground though.

It's out Friday 2nd February. You can get the Champion Edition to play it 3 days earlier or if you have EA access on Xbox, you can play a 10 hour trial on the 25th Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's out Friday 2nd February. You can get the Champion Edition to play it 3 days earlier or if you have EA access on Xbox, you can play a 10 hour trial on the 25th Jan.
    it would be on PS4

EA showing more career this week. You can vote for the created fighter they are gonna make it about, hopefully some more quick votes to determine how the car plays out. Saying that, I'd prefer to go into it blind.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/950846815997370368

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Someone needs to tell them it’s not a pro-wrestling game, those CAF names are shocking. :eek:

Some info I've found from various interviews, media posts, etc.

Director Brian Hayes said that becuase of Joe Rogan's hatred for voice over work, they didn't even approach him for UFC 3. Every Joe clip you hear is a live soundbyte from a PPV card. Dev said they went through countless hours to record clean lines for use in the game. I thought he was class in UFC 1 but remember playing 2 and though he did an absolutely **** job and sounded like he didn't want to be there/say the lines. For EA to say they didn't even ask him for this one tells you how much of a dick he must have been to work with. No way should they include him in UFC 4 (if he is still even commentating by then), UFC have plenty of commentating talent to fill the space now. So, one of the biggest things missing will be interaction between Anik and Rogan, no live banter between the 2 unless they got some clips from a live card, very dissapointed with that.

Carrer Mode Gyms: All gyms are fictional but will have a roster of real UFC fighters training at them. I find this MUCH better than having real gyms with a handful of fighters at each. You start with a choice of 3 beginner gyms including the gym that Andre Bishop trained at in Fight Night Champion. The cost was 3k to join and 600 a week for a training camp so you can decide how long your camps are. Longer camps give you more time to train, learn, spar and promote but you'll get more wear & tear/fatigued. A beginner contract was 6k to give an idea on starting money. You can learn specific moves from the UFC fighters in your gym, I think you will be able to switch gym as well.

Career mode - Obtain GOAT status on any difficulty to unlock legendary career mode. Hardest difficulty where you can't restart fights. you shouldn't be able to restart fights anyway imo.

Been hearing some good and some not so good things this week. The worst being the follow up punches after a KO. EA and media outlets have been releasing a lot of career videos this week, didn't want to post them as it might spoil it for some, but most of the finishes were walk off ko's. Definite difference from the beta. EA admitted they had to take out diving on your opponent ala hendo as they received criticism from media, JRE (mind your business Juicy Joe Rogan) and UFC themselves and how it's not a good way to represent the sport.

Absolute bollox. Walk off ko's are so rare and I'm definitely not for hitting guys when they are out but most knockdowns are followed up by GNP until the ref stops it.

Lead Dev said he has some ideas to get around it but he can't talk about it yet.

Also, some videos have a really weird sound effect from strikes landing, really metal clashing kind of sound, definitely want like that in the beta. Dev said it sounds like audio got tweaked by someone hosting the videos as it definitely doesn't sound right.

Director said there will be no Pride mode because a night number of current fans didn't know who gsp was when he returned, never mind what Pride was. Again, absolute bollox.

For the good, career mode is really looking good. I'm trying not to watch too much but I saw a training session you can pick 'touch butt in the park' :pac:

It's being hinted at that you can get signed to the UFC with a big performance when
    'Dana is watching cage side while filming 'Dana White looking for a fight'. I love that show do I hope it's true

Lead Dev submitted 83 changes that were made from the beta as marketing wanted to show off that they took feedback and made the game better. Seems like they are concentrating on career mode at the moment but we should see a full list soon of what was changed.

Thegamecollection.net have a 10% discount code TAPOUT10 meaning you can buy it from them for 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Thanks for the updates Zero.
    Not liking the idea of the walk off knock out. As you say they are so rare. It could lead to very frustrating matches. I like being able to continue on the ground when knocked down and having the chance to come back. The fights that are the most fun are the ones which are back and forth.

I really like the look of the career mode. Can't wait for that. I loved Pride mode in the earlier game, can't remember which one it was. Was hoping they'd bring it back.
    Do you think they'll add Jimmy Smith to the commentary team before release? Probably way to late I'm sure but it'd be better than hearing the same Joe Rogan lines we have been for the last 6 years.

• Advertisement

I'd say no chance they'll get Jimmy in now, depending how he does for the UFC, I'd say he'll be a lock for the next game. I still haven't seen confirmation of Faber and snoop Dogg are commentating the KO mode as I had read about ages ago, that would be a laugh.

Official info on career.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ea-sports-ufc/goat-career-mode-eaufc-3/1556357274402123/

The gym Harrower's Hug Squad Jiu Jitsu is named after the lead Dev who got his blue belt while designing the ground game for UFC 2.

I love the way the gyms are setup. You can go from gym to gym but if you build up loyalty, you get access to the best training partners to learn their moves.

Pics of each gym so ye can start deciding who to go with. I think for me it will depend on who my training partners are at each gym, wouldn't mind seeing a whole roster instead of just one division.

My Basement (Free but no training partners)
    438579.PNG

FRC Legion
    438580.PNG

Harrower Hug Squad Jiu Jitsu
    438581.PNG

Carisi's Gym (Gym from Fight Night Champion)
    438582.PNG

Crossbreed MMA
    438583.PNG

Dutch Strike Team
    438584.PNG

Brasilia MMA
    438585.PNG

Maple Leaf MMA
    438586.PNG

Blackburn Kickboxing
    438587.PNG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Frankie Saenz rocking the peoples eyebrow :D

LW and FW divisions are stacked but the most important bit is if you click Compare fighters, the GOAT Artem is listed there with stats. I would love if he was in the game, would be my go to guy for online fights. Strange he is listed at LW though.

Dev also confirmed Darren Till and Justin Gaethje are day 1 free DLC fighters.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-lightweight

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-featherweight

Welterweights up. Gunni looks better than the last one and CM Punk y'all!!

In distressing news, Artem has been removed from the listings :(

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-welterweight

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings/mens-middleweight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    In distressing news, Artem has been removed from the listings :(

I mean isn't it obvious? He is being removed as he is being added as unlockable content or DLC :p

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    I mean isn't it obvious? He is being removed as he is being added as unlockable content or DLC :p

Now that's DLC I'd pay for! Apparently someone is live streaming the game on YouTube, can't find it though. Says a lot of HW's are missing from the first game. Dev confirmed, said he felt sick when he saw the list of cut fighters. Think it has to do with juicing or fighting in a different org now.

Advertisement