Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If anyone is getting the champ edition today, load up UFC 2 and buy it through an ad on the main screen, will get you a tenner off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If anyone is getting the champ edition today, save you money...you are only gonna get battered if you come online later.

#fightingWords #gettingThemInEarly

conor-mcgregor-ufc-mma-131.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A fitting caption and picture there Axwell, doing everything you can to avoid a fight. All talk until one of us sends you an invite! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

martyos121 wrote: »
    A fitting caption and picture there Axwell, doing everything you can to avoid a fight. All talk until one of us sends you an invite! :D

Not my fault people wont have the game till Friday..im going to be on from tonight till around midnight Friday..have some stuff to do then, not sure when ill be back on..

Axwell wrote: »
    Not my fault people wont have the game till Friday..im going to be on from tonight till around midnight Friday..have some stuff to do then, not sure when ill be back on..

#DefendOrVacate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I'll try and get online if I can get the weight cut safely done in the next few hours, if I'm not online I'm in the hospital bed next to Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

It's tiiiime :D

Was clicking X frantically at the stroke of midnight, here we go. :)

The Mcgregor intro is pretty sweet

Finish the fight is still there, just landed about 8 good ones on an unconscious El Cucuy. :D

• Advertisement

Can’t believe the T Mobile Arena isn’t in the game. It’s a little thing, but it’s kind of the home of the UFC these days.

Yeah that intro was cool! Couldn't finish the fight cuz I'm pretty sure Tony's neck broke during that kick.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/958138185825038336

Epic first fight with Marty, game is so much quicker than 2, big improvement on the beta as well.

Also, why you don't go to the ground with Marty 'mini khabib'.

Great few scraps with Axwell, this one had it all, complete shock ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great few scraps with Axwell, this one had it all, complete shock ending!

THUG ROSE!

THUG ROSE!

THUG ROSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

What day is this out to buy in shops lads ?

What day is this out to buy in shops lads ?

Out in shops Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I pre-ordered the game through Smyths for €55. Just got texted a DLC code for the PSN. Anybody any idea what it is ?

14murphy wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the game through Smyths for €55. Just got texted a DLC code for the PSN. Anybody any idea what it is ?

No idea, the champ edition didn't even have separate DLC for bonus content, should automatically be in your ultimate team section. I got a theme alright but never heard a store giving one out. Throw it into the psn store redeem code section and let us know :)

14murphy wrote: »

Id imagine its maybe Bruce Lee, I think it was the same for the last one and they have out a few codes for him at the start. You get him free with this one if you played UFC 2

• Advertisement

Anyone having trouble claiming their pre order reward fighter on UT? the confirm button is just greyed out for me on all Fighters. Edit: Also it won't let me create any Fighters. Well I created one and got him in but now when I try to do it again I only have the option of adding real Fighters?

Edit again: it seems you've to pack a created fighter according to reddit. But still can't get my preorder fighter :(

And again, you actually have to hold down x to select rather than press. I'm some fool :D

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble claiming their pre order reward fighter on UT? the confirm button is just greyed out for me on all Fighters

Weird, mine was fine. I went to my Inbox and had 5 premium packs to unlock. You have to hold X to open them. Then I went to the store and there was a tab at the top to claim my champion. Brought me to a screen to choose one, picked Conor by holding X and it opened up a pack with Conor fighter card, 2 gold Conor punches, gold contract and some other boost.

I got a few errors on UT at different solo challenges so might be a network issue as well. Go back to the main menu, open UT and try again?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Weird, mine was fine. I went to my Inbox and had 5 premium packs to unlock. You have to hold X to open them. Then I went to the store and there was a tab at the top to claim my champion. Brought me to a screen to choose one, picked Conor by holding X and it opened up a pack with Conor fighter card, 2 gold Conor punches, gold contract and some other boost.

I got a few errors on UT at different solo challenges so might be a network issue as well. Go back to the main menu, open UT and try again?

Yeah I wasn't holding down x :D

Yeah I wasn't holding down x :D

That caught me out in the beta alright. Also a thing I noticed in UT is when you look for a match up you can turn off certain fighters. I threw together a created fighter last night but wanted to use my McGregor one first and started a fight, ended being my created one with nothing added. Needless to say he got thumped. So I went back and you can select or deselect them and when it searches it seems to find a match for one of them if you have multiple selected.

Axwell wrote: »
    That caught me out in the beta alright. Also a thing I noticed in UT is when you look for a match up you can turn off certain fighters. I threw together a created fighter last night but wanted to use my McGregor one first and started a fight, ended being my created one with nothing added. Needless to say he got thumped. So I went back and you can select or deselect them and when it searches it seems to find a match for one of them if you have multiple selected.

Yeah noticed that. Another thing, I chose mcgregor as bonus fighter but it seems my created fighter can only be lightweight so it's one or the other :(

You can get created fighters at other weights in packs, I have 2 unlocked at different weights and then McGregor.

Yupp I have a lightweight caf as Spiderman, will keep assigning him a better car card as I get them and keep the caf itself. Means I won't be using my Conor card, not too pushed anyway as I don't like all the pro cards you get, should be more cafs than pros. I plan on having a team of superheroes if I can just find the caf cards but I'm sure they'll come. Spidey has a Conor's left straight which is an utter weapon and also an iminari roll of things get hairy on the feet :)

Don't like how perks expire, kinda sucks

Making my created fighters into the Justice League myself, used to have a Superman and Batman in 2. Waiting on the cards though and then having to build up the fighters with moves at this stage means its going to take a while. I enjoy the grind though and UT was all i really played last time. Looking forward to career but hope its a bit better than last year, i havent read up loads on it.

• Advertisement

Don't like how perks expire, kinda sucks

Yeah dunno how I feel about this. I hate assigning consumables, I'm a bit of a horder with items like that. Means I have a good stockpile for champ fights our big online fights when trying to move up a division. But it means I don't give a toss when I open a good perk from a pack. What makes up for it is the new sets abs how you can use consumable cards for better permanent cards, fighters, etc. I think EA said perks were a bit overpowered in UT 2, subside with the right gold perks were very hard to beat. However, it does reeks of 'consumables mean you will need more packs and may buy some with real money. I spent enough on the champ edition, not spending a penny more.

Advertisement